FAO Alex/United fans, David Silva's on his way to Manchester...

Lenny

Spain and Valencia star David Silva is set to complete a €35 million switch to Manchester City after reportedly agreeing terms on a four year deal with the Premier League club.

It is understood that despite an 11th hour bid from Chelsea to land Silva, City boss Roberto Mancini convinced the Spain star that he would be a key member of the City first team, which prompted him to agree terms with the Citizens.

According to Super Deporte, the two clubs had already come to an agreement on a fee of between €30-35 million for Silva but there was some doubt as to whether the player would be willing to move to a club that will not compete in the UEFA Champions League next season.

That now appears to have been resolved as Silva has apparently agreed a deal that will keep him at Eastlands until June 2014.

Can't BELIEVE I am having an argument with a United fan is trying to tell me Hernandez is better then Silva on the basis of this world cup...Here is what he said.

Mate, I'd rather have Hernandez than Silva! Hernandez has proven on the world stage what he can do, Silva hasn't played for Spain! Isn't there something wrong with that in your eyes?

I replied....Salif Diao

then he said..

Tell me what you have seen Silva do the entire World Cup?! NOTHING! What has Hernandez done....well let me tell you. Not only was he the fastest player at the World Cup registering a top speed of 20mph but he played in every game for Mexico, showed good touches, movement and skill. In addition and more importantly, he BANGED in two BIG goals in two BIG games. The first showing composure of the highest order with Hugo Lloris coming at you, the 2nd showing ability to use his LEFT foot. I think he's already done enough to warrant a place in the starting 11 ahead of berbatov but then again that doesn't take much. I think City will be struggling for 4th again with the likes of Tottenham and Liverpool, simple as that

:mellow:

Can't BELIEVE I am having an argument with a United fan is trying to tell me Hernandez is better then Silva on the basis of this world cup...Here is what he said.

Mate, I'd rather have Hernandez than Silva! Hernandez has proven on the world stage what he can do, Silva hasn't played for Spain! Isn't there something wrong with that in your eyes?

I replied....Salif Diao

then he said..

Tell me what you have seen Silva do the entire World Cup?! NOTHING! What has Hernandez done....well let me tell you. Not only was he the fastest player at the World Cup registering a top speed of 20mph but he played in every game for Mexico, showed good touches, movement and skill. In addition and more importantly, he BANGED in two BIG goals in two BIG games. The first showing composure of the highest order with Hugo Lloris coming at you, the 2nd showing ability to use his LEFT foot. I think he's already done enough to warrant a place in the starting 11 ahead of berbatov but then again that doesn't take much. I think City will be struggling for 4th again with the likes of Tottenham and Liverpool, simple as that

Lmao, you literally cannot talk about football with certain man. Like you can't argue with what he said.

Just say 'ah seen' and call it a wrap

I replied....Salif Diao

then he said..

My favourite parts

I replied....Salif Diao

then he said..

Lmao, you literally cannot talk about football with certain man. Like you can't argue with what he said.

:rofl:

Them pub guys, do not entertain them

I replied....Salif Diao

then he said..

This.

Had to leave a bbm sports group a few weeks ago cause I could take it anymore. Was hearing things like this...

"England are the 3rd best team in the world"

"Zidane and R9 should've been picked. Players like that should decide whether they wanna play or not, not the coach."

"Walcott should've went, he's the only winger England has that has the ability to change games"

"Fabregas should start, Iniesta is overrated"

"Defoe shouldn't be in the squad, he's sh*t. What has he done for England"

"Germany ain't all that, that was just Australia"

Big coup for City. Damn shame United are broke - But Cleverly etc to step up is a good thing. Happy Silva is gonna be in the Premiership anyways.

Heard Cleverly has signed a 3 year contract. Hopefully Fergie gives him a chance next season.

Cleverley to ink United deal

Fergie to reward young starlet

tom-cleverley_2344245.jpg

Last updated: 30th June 2010   

Skysports.com understands Tom Cleverley is poised to sign a new deal at Manchester United.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is keen to reward the talented midfielder with a new long-term deal at Old Trafford.

The England Under 21 international is highly regarded within the corridors of Old Trafford and is seen as a key player in Ferguson's future plans.

Cleverley enjoyed a successful loan spell at Watford last season, scoring 11 goals in 33 appearances and in the process scooping the club's player of the year prize.

The 20-year-old is happy at United and is expected to sign a new three-year extension at the club.

A number of Premier League clubs are thought to be keen on signing Cleverley on loan next season and it remains to be seen if Ferguson will continue to allow his best young players go out on loan in a bid to get regular first-team action under their belts.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11667_6238780,00.html

I replied....Salif Diao

then he said..

lol theres bare guys i have to do this to at my work place