International Break 03/11

Guest FA23

Guest Portuguese

think the Ghana fans would be more forgiving if they were still a bit rubbish alá mid 90's-early 2000's.But they are becoming a force with players mentioned above

• Upvote 1

And f*ck 2nd rate players like Ameobi and Cole playing for Nigeria, purely 'cause they aren't good enough to be a regular in the England team. How people advocate that sh*t is beyond me. And then expect the nation to be taken seriously.

Guest MO Giro
And if you asked if any of them would give up their British passport...? @MOGiroI think it is pretty much seen as being cool to go against supporting England, when it comes to things like sport. /The identity argument is obviously extremely complicated, trying to decipher why each person picks to play for one country over another is a massive puzzle, but it's why the choice is there and no country forces a player to play for them if they can go and play somewhere else.
Yeah i agree with you, i don't like the Anti-England stance some have, when i go on Rawk and see the bullshit they spout during England matches it doesn't go down to well with me, however when its England vs an African team i'm always going to support the African team.And what do you mean by your first question?

Guest MO Giro
And f*ck 2nd rate players like Ameobi and Cole playing for Nigeria, purely 'cause they aren't good enough to be a regular in the England team. How people advocate that sh*t is beyond me. And then expect the nation to be taken seriously.
This was a few years back when Cole and Ameobi were some of the brightest youngsters in the league.

Guest Portuguese
And if you asked if any of them would give up their British passport...? @MOGiroI think it is pretty much seen as being cool to go against supporting England, when it comes to things like sport. /The identity argument is obviously extremely complicated, trying to decipher why each person picks to play for one country over another is a massive puzzle, but it's why the choice is there and no country forces a player to play for them if they can go and play somewhere else.
Its nothing against the players who play for England its the media hype that's why people go against supporting England when it comes to footballIts not like this in France,Portugal,Spain,Germany,Italy
  • Upvote 1

I think it is pretty much seen as being cool to go against supporting England, when it comes to things like sport.
I think it's the media. The way Euro 2008 was televised. No hype, nothing. A lot of my mates werent even that bothered.Is the Wellbeck situation different to KP's situation with Germany??

Guest Portuguese

C/S about the Euros no hype no hour coverage straight to the games.Welbeck situation is like the Balotelli's situation.I think Brazil must be the only nation in the world who simply don't give a f*ck if an another nation is trying to claim a player from them.

Also on the subject of Wellbeck a wise man once said 'Just cause you put a cat in an oven doesn't make it a biscuit', Welbeck while may have been born in England is still just as much Ghanaian as he is English, i was born iin England but i'm still very connected to my Nigerian heritage. I'm infused in it daily, from the cooking to the parties, to the films, to my relatives theres no hiding from it, especially growing up in a place like London where people create a culture within a culture, i've never had pie and mash, i've never been into a pub and had a drink and i rarely eat fish and chips. But i do eat jollof rice and drink supermalt every Christmas, birthday, christening, i do watch Nollywood films when i can, i do sometimes talk to my friends in Yoruba, and i'm someone who has only been to the country of my mother a couple times, yet i am still very much apart of Nigerian culture.The funny thing is most of the people on my facebook and bb supported Ghana, all of them were born in England, yet many of them are Nigerian, Ivorian, Congolese and even Jamaican yet they chose to support Ghana, what does that tell you?
none wants hear your life story you prickpipe down
  • Downvote 1

Guest Portuguese
My daays.The Turkey comeback against Chech, was the maddest match in the whole tournament.When Nihat scored, WOOOOOW. The emotions bro, and Im not Turkish.
That was the best tournament I have seen for drama.The Turkish comebacks/Domenech being found out/Arshavin's impact after his return from suspension were my highlights

Great passion showed by Gyan there, he was really trying for his people, is moments like this and like Grosso in 06 that make me love International football..U cant really blame Welbeck & Desailly, the countries they played for made them footballers, but I did chuckle when the manc lad came on to that chorus of boos, I wonder what his family made of it..
:D why do you say stuff like this?"The boy Osman"/Gyan goal was SICK!!!/I don't like Lescott
  • Upvote 2

Don't get gassed by Carrolls goal, hes overall play is sub par, them ones where he has a bad first touch then kicks it hurriedly to the centrebacks, he can learn a lot from Gyan who is in a different league to him when it comes to playing on the ground.
gas.carroll's got a crazy 1st touch.

We are foreigners in England and foreigners back homelose lose situation cant blame anyone for chasing the money and glory though

• Upvote 5