International Break 03/11

Guest FA23

Probably best game I've been to this year off the atmosphere alone!
at the end of the day its football banterwhether they should of boo'd him or not they did cos thats what u do when u go to a matchits all part of the occasion
f*ck*ng HELL!Atmosphere was crazy. Every Ghanaian man, woman and child banged for their block. Full time and no one moved, it was skanking time.Poor Danny lulz.

Also on the subject of Wellbeck a wise man once said 'Just cause you put a cat in an oven doesn't make it a biscuit', Welbeck while may have been born in England is still just as much Ghanaian as he is English, i was born iin England but i'm still very connected to my Nigerian heritage. I'm infused in it daily, from the cooking to the parties, to the films, to my relatives theres no hiding from it, especially growing up in a place like London where people create a culture within a culture, i've never had pie and mash, i've never been into a pub and had a drink and i rarely eat fish and chips. But i do eat jollof rice and drink supermalt every Christmas, birthday, christening, i do watch Nollywood films when i can, i do sometimes talk to my friends in Yoruba, and i'm someone who has only been to the country of my mother a couple times, yet i am still very much apart of Nigerian culture.The funny thing is most of the people on my facebook and bb supported Ghana, all of them were born in England, yet many of them are Nigerian, Ivorian, Congolese and even Jamaican yet they chose to support Ghana, what does that tell you?
pos'd

Welbeck Response

'It was a bittersweet moment. I’ve got love for both countries but I can’t play for both,' he said.Welbeck said that he understood why he was booed by the visiting fans but that he does not regret his decision.He added: 'I kind of understand that (the boos) but I can’t make everyone happy. 'I’ve been playing for England at every single youth team level so it was a natural progression to move up to the seniors. 'I am obviously delighted with my progress.'He said: 'My mum and dad are from Ghana so I am eligible (to play for them). I saw a person from the Ghana FA after a Sunderland game once in the players' lounge.'There's been a lot of talk about it but the guy came round to see John Mensah, Asamoah Gyan and Sully Muntari.'I spoke to him briefly after the game and that's all that happened. The other lads have been going on about it but that's all it is.'

We are foreigners in England and foreigners back homelose lose situation cant blame anyone for chasing the money and glory though
Deffo/
Daniel Nii Tackie Mensah "Danny" Welbeck
Lololololol I didnt even kno this was his name lol.. hes got the name, looks and both parents are from Ghana lol no wonder Ghana thought he might choose them

It's a personal choice IMOBut from my experience Africans from up North for one reason or another identify themselves alot more to being 'English'So it's no surprise that he'd choose England over Ghana. I think people are getting their nose out of shape over it because Ghana are in 'vogue' at the moment. But there's plenty of good young players coming through to fill their voids.Thiago Motta did summat similar too, his grand parents are Italian but his parents were in Brazil. I think he played for Brazil in Gold Cup but switched as soon as he got his Italian citizenship.

but like he said hes played for eng from youth level - y should he switch sides now?i love repping gh but at the end of the day im english - f*ck what a daemon thinks i was born here if i was to a profesh footy player i would play for eng not gh.my children will be instilled as being english as well but will also kno where their roots lie

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

but like he said hes played for eng from youth level - y should he switch sides now?i love repping gh but at the end of the day im english - f*ck what a daemon thinks i was born here if i was to a profesh footy player i would play for eng not gh.my children will be instilled as being english as well but will also kno where their roots lie
C/s this
  • Upvote 2

Guest M12 Part 2

I don't get why he's suddenly the epitome of a bounty when every player who is black should theoretically be playing for Jamaica, Grenada etc. Tbh Id rather he played for Ghana from a personal view because I believe he will be one of the top players in world football but nobody else seems to have cottoned yet bar alex ferguson. So for him to rep Ghana would be emosh. From a serious point of view though commercially and in terms of career. England is the better decision

Too much shite being posted in this thread. So what you cockney man are saying is that if you were in Welbeck's position you would have done anything different?Growing up in Manny has essentially made him a coconut because of the "lack" of Ghanian culture here?PMSL
llow getting so defensive, nobody said living in manchester made him a "bounty".

Too much shite being posted in this thread. So what you cockney man are saying is that if you were in Welbeck's position you would have done anything different?Growing up in Manny has essentially made him a coconut because of the "lack" of Ghanian culture here?PMSL
llow getting so defensive, nobody said living in manchester made him a "bounty".
Not even a defensive ting, just counterbalancing your bs with a bit of an exaggeration.PlusThe undertone is there, but yeah this is all long.
  • Downvote 1