Gervinho

8BALL

Well by his 2nd season (2001/2) he really started playing to his abilities. Not to say he had a terrible 1st season but i'm pretty sure he was top assist maker in the prem that 2nd season as well as being Arsenals player of the year etc and leading us to the title.

To be fair I can't see Gervinho having anything like the sort of impact Bobby did... Gerv's still can be a handful though, needs to sharpen his game.

Obviously he isn't anywhere Pires level but I asked because Wenger said it takes six months to a year for a foreginer to settle.

Pires was the best footballer in England 2001-02 would be the ideal replacement for Zidane during Korea/Japan he was that good

That type quality is at Lille I still maintain Wenger bought the wrong player

Performances>>>Stats

After three months the fans would of been won over by Hazard

This, same way everyone loves the Ox, yet last year, most people (me included me) thought, another 18 year old with no top level experience, ffs we must be aiming to have the best reserves

Plus i dont think experience was the logic, for gervinho over hazard. Gerv is only 3 years older than Hazard, most Arsenal related podcasts, blogs etc, last summer will tell you that fans wanted Mata or Hazard, or even both as Cesc and Nasri replacements

Gervinho signing was more to do with Gervinho than anyone else, he wanted to come prem this year, same way hazard does next year, and he wanted to come Arsenal, because of that french connection, he even said he was pissed that Nasri left

We had tracked Gervinho for years, before he went Lille, he wanted to come to Arsenal and play under Wenger, all the Ivory Coast guys that went Beveren make no secret of wanting to play for Arsenal/Wenger.

TBH the timing on Gervinho's deal was ideal, just turnt 24, got the games under his belt, just had a very good season in France, and had a year left on his deal...

Hazard, was two years ago, Wenger stalled for the same complaints that were heard after we signed Oxlade-Chamberlain... Wenger I doubt forsee Lille doing the French double and getting Champions League football either, then Wenger/Arsenal did themselves no favours with the Gervinho & Park deals in the eyes of Lille... For me, Hazard now has to state Arsenal only please for us to sign him. Hence why we have switched to Mario Gotze, another deal I don't think will happen as it seems to early for him and Dortmund, but it seems thats our real #10 target (until something cheap, sorry "exceptional value" suddenly shows up)

Will be interesting to see if we go for M'Vila also.

Us going for M'Vila would suggest Song has informed the club he doesn't want to renew his current contract. Currently Song isn't interested in talking and switched his representation to Darren Dein, they say Ivan has tried but there is no real rush as he 2014, but him refusing so far and moving to Dein has raised eyebrows.

After three months the fans would of been won over by Hazard

This, same way everyone loves the Ox, yet last year, most people (me included me) thought, another 18 year old with no top level experience, ffs we must be aiming to have the best reserves

Plus i dont think experience was the logic, for gervinho over hazard. Gerv is only 3 years older than Hazard, most Arsenal related podcasts, blogs etc, last summer will tell you that fans wanted Mata or Hazard, or even both as Cesc and Nasri replacements

Gervinho signing was more to do with Gervinho than anyone else, he wanted to come prem this year, same way hazard does next year, and he wanted to come Arsenal, because of that french connection, he even said he was pissed that Nasri left

This

Seen this guy play when the Barmy Army came to your ground.

Gotta say we gave your team some stick, proper tough in the ear holes, good bashing like

Sound player this lad, just needs a bit of luck

You need to get behind him - we'd love someone on the wings like that, proper saucy touch.

Petty's getting on & Ryo won't be here forever.

He will do very well out wide but I am saying it now if played through the middle regularly(with RVP or Cesc or even Arshavin in the hole) he will become a beast.

Henry MK II but it's a shame he has nobody to toughen him up in training.

Did man really scream he could become a Henry mkII if played through the middle?!?!?!?!

:rofl:

i hear that if u stay up, owen coyle wants to take miyachi on a season long loan, i wouldnt be mad at that with Podolski coming in/ Ox playing a bigger part next season, he is still young, a season long loan up north, will fully teach how to kick ball in england

think he shud stay till next year jan, then send him bk

by then he shud be fully used to the prem