Asamoah Gyan Saga

Da Luv Doc

Guest M12 Part 2

Dont believe this story. Bruce has had no faith in Gyan for about a year.

Not sure if serious.

M12 knows what he's talking about. Bruce never rated Gyan.

Trust me. Some of the things i've heard about how he was mistreated im surprised this didnt happen sooner. Gyan has only been starting off the back of the fact Sunderland have had an injury crisis recently and there have been no other options. Bent left them, Welbeck injured, Frazier Camplbell injured, Waghorn left. There was literally no option but to play Gyan.

Also look at the signings Bruce made. Ji, Bendtner, Wickham, Tounkara linked to Peter Crouch, Jermain Defoe and plenty more. They are not the actions of a manager who had faith in what he had. Especially as Sunderland usually play one up front.

Dont believe everything you read

Sunderland got a £6m loan fee :huh:

sick deal, 2m off the wage bill aswell.

Great deal for Sunderland tbh

Gyan is not built for this, he could never get the kind of goal return Bent got, plus his ghana teamates got bombed out, so did his chum Anton & Nii Tackie Mensah went back to Man Utd.. it was always going to end in tears for him & Bruce... the fans dont really rate him also

Got talent but has no drive or consistency to his game, the World Cup pen miss showed what this joker is all about.. how dare he ask for an improved contract after a few months smh

Bendy - banged his daughter

Amr Zaki - started off like a house on fire then fucked about

Kenweyne Jones - inconsistent

Bent - left him in the lurch & now Gyan lol Bruce gets no love from strikers

But i rate Brucey coz he played for & captained one of the biggest clubs in the world and has won more medals than those 4 will ever win

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

lol Bruce like he wasnt phoning everyone trying to get rid of gyan 3 months ago

Gyans people had been trying to get him to middle east for last month

NIALL QUINN has outlined the five reasons which prompted Sunderland to accept a loan offer from Al-Ain for striker Asamoah Gyan.

The Ghana international sealed a lucrative season-long deal with the United Arab Emirates club on Saturday following a summer of speculation about his future.

Boss Steve Bruce revealed his frustration after the weekend loss to Chelsea, implying Gyan had moved solely for financial gain.

But club chairman Quinn today confirmed the club had their reasons for letting their record signing depart.

In a statement he said: "From the moment Asamoah returned for pre-season training we could tell that there were people trying to move him on.

"We hoped it would pass by, rebuking approaches from the Premier League, France and Turkey and felt the player would settle back down and continue to help our cause.

"Throughout this time we were also receiving real interest from Al-Ain, but it looked as if that too had lost momentum by last Wednesday.

"Steve spoke to Asamoah on Thursday morning, asking him to knuckle down and we were all set to move on.

"Later that day however Al-Ain began a prolonged effort to get the deal back on track and this turned the player's attentions once more to a possible move.

"Come Friday, the chairman of Al-Ain and his advisors had flown into Newcastle and arrived at our training ground to discuss a potential deal for Asa.

"They were very professional but determined to sign the player and at this point we took a number of things into consideration:

• The player's obviously negative demeanour in and around the training ground.
  • The fact that the transfer window in the UAE had over 50 days remaining, meaning this was unlikely to go away.
  • The clear desire of the player to leave.
  • The forthcoming African Nations Cup, which would have meant losing Asamoah for up to six weeks in the new year.
  • The obvious economic benefits to our club in the terms of the final deal laid out to us.

"In the early hours of Saturday morning chief executive Margaret Byrne and myself agreed a loan deal to allow Asamoah his wish to move but that would also, and more importantly, protect the club should things not work out for the player."

Quinn added: "Steve Bruce, our owner and the board all found the football decision that Asamoah wished to make baffling but I, as chairman, with everyone's full support, decided that this deal was in the best interests of our football club.

"There was a lot of things that needed to happen before the deal was fully secured, such as a medical, which has in fact only just been completed today."

Quinn also revealed relations between Bruce and Gyan were again cordial, with the player making a contribution to the club's foundation.

The former Republic of Ireland international said: "Steve's frustrations towards the player, expressed minutes after the Chelsea game, were understandable at such a time but I can reveal that since then Asamoah and Steve have made contact and they are on good terms.

"The olive branch is now there for Asamoah, but he will need to convince Steve, the board and every Sunderland fan of his commitment to this club if he is to return.

" I am delighted however that he has agreed to make a sizeable donation to SAFC Foundation for each month that he is away on loan.

"It also goes without saying that this puts Steve and his recruitment options in a far stronger position for the January window."

Gyan-unveil.jpg

meant to neg, but accidentally pos'd captain planet.

/

Although that seems pretty honest, and seeing the amount of big players they've lost recently, surely it was in their best interes tto get it all sorted at the start of the window.

"We hoped it would pass by, rebuking approaches from the Premier League, France and Turkey and felt the player would settle back down and continue to help our cause.

That's just too naive to be believable for me "hoped it would pass by".

lol

im telling you man Bruce has been trying to get rid of Gyan since may/june

there has been a mandate to get Gyan a club in the middle east for fucking ages

i know for a fact he was offered to wenger.... so if he was offered to wenger he was prob offered to half the prem league

Guest M12 Part 2

lol

im telling you man Bruce has been trying to get rid of Gyan since may/june

there has been a mandate to get Gyan a club in the middle east for fucking ages

i know for a fact he was offered to wenger.... so if he was offered to wenger he was prob offered to half the prem league

a man who knows what hes talking about. he was also definitely offered to rredknapp at totty

This is one story I'll never understand. If he thinks he's coming back and signing for someone big he's mistaken.

Guy just f*cked up his career.

Similar to Zaki.

Thought he was a big shot and could do what he wants.

Last time I heard of Zaki he was BEGGING Bruce to give him another chance. Idiot.

Man need to have respect, how can you wanna leave this league?