US Presidential Election

Sinister

“So we can capture women’s votes, we’re having a much harder time with Hispanic voters. And if the Hispanic voting bloc becomes as committed to the Democrats as the African American voting bloc has in the past, why we’re in trouble as a party and, I think, as a nation.”

Mitt Romney ‘Dyed His Face Brown’ to Appeal to Latino Voters

xlarge.jpg

Mitt Romney currently trails President Obama among registered Latino voters by nearly 40%, and getting caught saying things like "it would be helpful to be Latino" certainly isn't helping.

But has it gotten so bad that Romney is now resorting to "brownface" in order to make himself more appealing to Univision viewers? Democratic Underground has looked at the photo above from last night's "presidential forum" and concluded that, yes, Romney definitely "dyed his face brown."

this guy is not very good with his words wtf

nothing was misconstrued. what he said was clear, unless you're dumb (which you are)he said half the people voting for obama (blacks) do so cos they want to remain on welfare and latinos are moving in that direction too who believe the govt owes them everything. nothing to misunderstand there

f*ck*ng hell in people we live in the UK who gives a f*ck about the American presidential elections.

The US is a global power. So we should be concerned about who is the American President and what their thinking is. Mitt Romney is all for an attack on Iran just think about the sort of choas that would cause would make Afghanistan and Iraq look like fun.

Anything they get involved has an effect across the globe. Same way you should be concerned when China and Russia do anything they are power players.

Isn't the issue with Iran the same outcome regardless of Obama and Romney though. They are still pulled by the same strings right?

That simplifies things a bit much. I think even Romney would sober up quickly if he became president and talked to his military commanders the only danger would be his party has been hijacked by crazy evangelicals some of whom wish to start a rapture by any means necessary...

Semi long ass post coming up.

I know some have a belief that presidents are controlled by some sinister cabal and I have no doubt favors are called in when you become president or prime minster of a country. But I think Obama has been hesitating on war as it would be insane. Hence him and Netanyahu beefing the last year and a half.

Netanyahu knows without US backup for the op Israel cannot bomb Iran. They've instead been having an invisible war for the last two years (killing of scientists and targeted assassinations using car bombs, hacking their infrastructure.) but Iran has so far resisted doing anything silly, as it knows what the consequences would be.

A simple bombing of their facilities will not do. If a war with Iran was to happen you would need troops and lots of them plus hardware (tanks etc). Israel doesn't have enough, and I would garner Obama would be loathe to send US troops or equipment seeing as they're already spread thin in Iraq and Afghanistan as you would have to take the city block by block.

In Iraq the most powerful army in the world had to retreat to the 'Green Zone' heavily fortified base of operations a city within a city.

If the US could not take Iraq with a population of 32 million properly. Iran with a population of 75+ million would be a straight up bloodbath on both sides. Doesn't matter if someone was pulling the strings behind the scenes. The military commanders would balk at that kind assault.

Unlike Iraq and Afghanistan, You have better trained fighters and an air and sea force among others. And you would have soldiers and militants coming from Afghanistan,Pakistan and Saudi Arabia to fight Israel and the US and whichever foolish countries choose to come along with them, hopefully not the UK.

screenshot2012-09-21ae7cua.png

I notice within the last two hours Obama has spoken about this and has said he wants to use diplomacy rather than the military.

Obama noted that the US "was still threatened by an Iran that is pursuing nuclear weapons…We can’t afford a nuclear arms race in the region." And while Obama stressed his commitment to having "the strongest military in the world" he added "I also want to lead with diplomacy. I also want to lead with our values and our ideals."

diplomacy is quite frankly all they have. The troops are just not there for that kind of war unless you impose a draft and no modern president would dare.

Then you look at the cost and this goes up every second

screenshot2012-09-21aoofj6.png

http://costofwar.com/

So The US has to pretend they are being hard on Iran while behind scenes they're probably playing nice.

• Upvote 1

Mitt Romney ‘Dyed His Face Brown’ to Appeal to Latino Voters

xlarge.jpg

Mitt Romney currently trails President Obama among registered Latino voters by nearly 40%, and getting caught saying things like "it would be helpful to be Latino" certainly isn't helping.

But has it gotten so bad that Romney is now resorting to "brownface" in order to make himself more appealing to Univision viewers? Democratic Underground has looked at the photo above from last night's "presidential forum" and concluded that, yes, Romney definitely "dyed his face brown."

loooooooooooooooooool

Also coincides with what I been trying to tell you lot

Iran will NOT under ANY circumstances be allowed to have those weapons.

That in itself will be the demise of Israel. It's actually scary we're at this point.

An Iran that can say nah mate I ain't having that we can blow everyone the f*ck up unless we begin to get treated equally, unless Palestine is recognised as an official state. Imagine if that was to happen they could f*ck*ng take Israel to trial ffs. There's no way out of this man. War has arrived.