US Presidential Election

Sinister

Is it a requirement in USA that you have to be a retard to run for the Presidency. From the Bush slip ups to Obamas 57 States comment and now this Romney guy....

Obama's comment about 57 states was a slip of the tongue, Romney is a full blown dumb f*cker who's got a list of gaffes longer than my arm that actually reflect his distorted outlook on life.

You need to let this race thing go, you're making yourself look stupid.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

i think your wide of mark on a couple of things vertigo. the us airforce dismantled iraqi infrastructure over a couple of nights, the occupation and resulting insurgency is a different story and there's various reasons for that.

its not that destroying Iran's capability of developing and delivering nuclear weapons would be technically difficult or even that israel could potentially achieve this unilaterally, its the possible catastrophic implications of a conflict with Iran that will have military commanders baulking.

If iran is attacked its is highly likely they will attempt to close/mine the strait of hormuz, over 30% of the worlds oil moves through the strait, oil from Iraq, Saudi arabia and UAE with most of it going to the west. The US, the UK, and several european countries have said that they would consider military disruption of transit through the strait as an act of war.

Then there is China and India who are dependent on iranian oil, we dont really know how far they will go to defend their oil but china has said an attack on Iran would be 'unacceptable', russia has echoed this sentiment.

Iran has also said it would retaliate to an attack on its nuclear facilities by targeting US military bases in the middle east and europe (including bases in france, italy and germany) which could see those countries drawn into a conflict.

I suppose the best course of action for US interests would be to keep a muzzle on their ally israel, provoke iran into an attack (or stage one) whilst somehow convincing BRIC that a weak, toothless Iran is in their interest as well. Either way US foreign policy of recent times aka dogged defense of the petro-dollar seems to have been unsuccessful as the petro-dollar is most likely doomed which would make the dollars position as the world's reserve unsustainable. We could be witnessing the fall of rome, lets hope ww3 averted tho eh.

there would be a certain synchronicity tho, ww2 caused by the treatment of germany and the alliances formed in the aftermath of ww1, ww3 caused by the carving up of the m.east and the creation of the state of israel in the aftermath of ww2.

as stated earlier the sabre rattling occurring over small uninhabited rocky islands in the east china sea is not insignificant, the alliance between the US and japan is such that the US may be obliged to defend japan (which has very few sabres to rattle btw) should it become involved in any kind of conflict with china (which has quite a few sabres)

scary stuff imo.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Is it a requirement in USA that you have to be a retard to run for the Presidency. From the Bush slip ups to Obamas 57 States comment and now this Romney guy....

Obama's comment about 57 states was a slip of the tongue, Romney is a full blown dumb f*cker who's got a list of gaffes longer than my arm that actually reflect his distorted outlook on life.

Think you need to let it go yourself since you just plucked it from thin air.

Obama makes gaffes, every politicians makes gaffes. Romney is not a 'full blown dumb f*cker', he is a very accomplished individual, more so than Obama IMO. The problem Romney has is that he doesn't have any conviction. Nobody knows what he truly believes. When he unsuccessfully ran as senator in Massachusetts, he ran to the left of Ted Kennedy, and now look at him now. He lacks any kind political philosophy and is a pragmatists in extremis. He is a perennial flip-flopper, who appears to have poor political skills and judgement.

Think you need to let it go yourself since you just plucked it from thin air.

It was obvious to me what you were trying to do, whenever a racial issue is brought up you almost always say something that comes across as you trying to raise awareness of a bias towards blacks.

Obama has a slip of the tongue and you try to equate it to him being on a par with a guy who thought it made sense to offer another candidate a $10k bet in a live debate at a time when he's trying to endear himself to a nation that are struggling to keep the lights on?

Or maybe it's on a par with alienating 47% of the people you want to vote for you by effectively calling them leeches with no ambition or sense of purpose?

He's a f*ck*ng idiot and the Republicans should be ashamed that he's the best candidate they could muster up.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I write a comment about Bush, Obama and Romney all saying dumb sh*t and you pluck out me being biased towards black people from it? Sort your head out Flojo. Taking me for some BNP supporting Essex dude.

Nah you said do you have to be retarded to run for president and used the comment about 57 states to put him in the same category as Bush and Romney.

People who dislike Obama tend not to because of his policies, people who don't like the other two tend not to like them because they actually come across as being dangerously dumb.

im sure if you had a camera on you every moment you were outside we'd see some gaffes

Probably Kurtis but don't worry about that unless I'm in the position of so called most powerful man on the planet. I'm sure they did well in school and made their grades etc but surely there are more intelligent people than George Bush out there who could of represented a nation. Have USA even had a real president since Kennedy.

Isn't the issue with Iran the same outcome regardless of Obama and Romney though. They are still pulled by the same strings right?

That simplifies things a bit much. I think even Romney would sober up quickly if he became president and talked to his military commanders the only danger would be his party has been hijacked by crazy evangelicals some of whom wish to start a rapture by any means necessary...

Semi long ass post coming up.

I know some have a belief that presidents are controlled by some sinister cabal and I have no doubt favors are called in when you become president or prime minster of a country. But I think Obama has been hesitating on war as it would be insane. Hence him and Netanyahu beefing the last year and a half.

Netanyahu knows without US backup for the op Israel cannot bomb Iran. They've instead been having an invisible war for the last two years (killing of scientists and targeted assassinations using car bombs, hacking their infrastructure.) but Iran has so far resisted doing anything silly, as it knows what the consequences would be.

A simple bombing of their facilities will not do. If a war with Iran was to happen you would need troops and lots of them plus hardware (tanks etc). Israel doesn't have enough, and I would garner Obama would be loathe to send US troops or equipment seeing as they're already spread thin in Iraq and Afghanistan as you would have to take the city block by block.

In Iraq the most powerful army in the world had to retreat to the 'Green Zone' heavily fortified base of operations a city within a city.

If the US could not take Iraq with a population of 32 million properly. Iran with a population of 75+ million would be a straight up bloodbath on both sides. Doesn't matter if someone was pulling the strings behind the scenes. The military commanders would balk at that kind assault.

Unlike Iraq and Afghanistan, You have better trained fighters and an air and sea force among others. And you would have soldiers and militants coming from Afghanistan,Pakistan and Saudi Arabia to fight Israel and the US and whichever foolish countries choose to come along with them, hopefully not the UK.

screenshot2012-09-21ae7cua.png

I notice within the last two hours Obama has spoken about this and has said he wants to use diplomacy rather than the military.

Obama noted that the US "was still threatened by an Iran that is pursuing nuclear weapons…We can’t afford a nuclear arms race in the region." And while Obama stressed his commitment to having "the strongest military in the world" he added "I also want to lead with diplomacy. I also want to lead with our values and our ideals."

diplomacy is quite frankly all they have. The troops are just not there for that kind of war unless you impose a draft and no modern president would dare.

Then you look at the cost and this goes up every second

screenshot2012-09-21aoofj6.png

http://costofwar.com/

So The US has to pretend they are being hard on Iran while behind scenes they're probably playing nice.

big post, pos

also shengis made some valid points

Romneys Paid $1.94 Million Federal Taxes for 2011

By TOM RAUM Associated Press

3 minutes ago

Mitt Romney, one of the wealthiest candidates ever to seek the presidency, paid nearly $2 million in federal taxes on $13.7 million in income that he and his wife reported last year, his U.S. returns showed Friday. That came to an effective tax rate of 14.1 percent, lower than millions of middle-income Americans but actually more than he had to pay.

Most of Romney's income was from investment returns. That is why his rate was lower than taxpayers whose income was mostly from wages, which can be taxed at higher rates.

http://abcnews.go.com/story?id=17292036#.UFzyD6Tyb5Y

• 2 weeks later...