Caribbean restaraunts shooting themsleves in the foot ?

Guest petercrotch

ghets didnt do nuffin wrong tho. he asked to put his own salt and the man parred him

customer is king. or he could say that its not store policy to give salt like that

but not just put salt in the food like hes getting it for free. i wldve done the same

and he didnt go crazy or nothing.

went caribbean junction today in north, what the fuck happened? their chicken isn't the same. food was way below par, they've changed their supplier its bait, the meal was trashy.

No disrespect to anyone out there but thats coz its owned by greeks/turks their food is no good and delivery is shit too.

no its not, its owned by a guy from totty, not turkish/greek

Nah real talk lol.

I remember I was at a friends house, there were 4 of us there, just came back from Chicken Cottage or something.

Everyone was eating but this 1 dude just wouldn't stop talking, worst still he was only talking to ME.

It wasn't them ones where I could ignore the dude cos everything he was saying required an answer, I lost it, looked up said in a stern voice

"BRUV, I'M EATING"

His face dropped, the other 2 were rolling around the floor lol.

I heard he was trying talk up outside 1 of them said "boy you shoulda said what you felt inside init"

lol

dis luca toney i love him no kelly

its silly but i've done this, they need to shine there ears

mayo all over for no reason lookin like vomit. fack off mate.

I FUCKING HATE CUNTS WHO HAVE MAYONNAISE AND KETCHUP ON ONE SIDE OF THE BOX...

REALLY PISSES ME OFF

SPLURGE THAT SHIT ALL OVER DA CHIPS... NOT TIME TO BE DIPPIN DIPPIN DIPPIN MAN WANNA MANCH

• Downvote 13

place in derby called mango tang is serious!!!

I was just about to mention this place.

I haven't been there myself but my boy told me its one of those contemporary restaurants

Order jerk chicken, you get a diagonally sliced chicken breast with some watered down sauce, a shot glass of rice and two non descript leaves

Boy, I cant even disagree with most of what I have read,

the whole attitude to money in the black community needs to change to be honest but its so bad I do not know if it can be fixed and its so complex to deal with that it ends up not being worth it I tend to only go to restaurants such as the ones you are talking about when I KNOW the person who works or owns it and based on the friendship outside of business is where my loyalty comes from but having said that I do not do this all the time.

This problem will never be fixed imo.

To add lets not front many black people go on like d*ckHEADS as customers in everyones shop we go on like we own the place, in a shop in Peckham which is owned by what I think is middle eastern men (just across the road from peckham rye train station) black people STAY pushing in front of people and raising their voice to the shop keeper and staff behind the til its actually embarrassing to see this happen cos the attitude is just not needed. The people working behind the counter deep down MUST have their opinions on this but they just want to money so they tolerate it but trust me they must think black people are rude d*ckheads.

Now I know people will be quick to restrict this to Peckham but that was just an example so some can visualize what Im saying but real talk I see this shit EVERYWHERE. Black people think they are royalty when they spend money but think they do not have to be humble when they trade for money.

• Upvote 3

theres nothing complex about it, customers are king end of. learn to treat them as that and you will do fine

plan your business properly, and learn from how the others are already doing it.

i think we are talking about different elements. im talking about it complex in terms of how to deal with it and fix this problem which we can all clearly see, most of the people guilty of this kind of poor service can not be spoken to and approached and dealt with on a LEVEL without there being conflict and them denying basic business FACTS, black people and conflict is just how it is thats what i meant in terms of being complex. Its got so bad that when I go to a black owned take away and they are actually NICE it feels weird now (fucked up I know)

what you are saying is spot on but if it was that simple to do they would of done it by now as they simply and clearly do not find it simple, I do not even like saying this but black people do not like being told ANYTHING and penetrating a wall of ignorance ends up being a futile endeavor I done seen loads of black people in business that do not take on your sentiments then they end up sharing their shop with some dude selling household clean goods and sunglasses to help keep up payments for the rent. The cycle continues and now the stereotypical reputation follows ALL black owned stores as other black customers are always looking for a reason to say "nah them people cant run business properly blah blah blah........"

• 3 weeks later...

My local cees on horsey road is the best over all imo...guy always shakes my hand when I walk in and runs through everything on the menu and the fried chicken is the best I've ever had, the woman who works there can come across a bit rude ot like she dont give a f*ck but I think it's just her manner cos she's always polite too me

f*ckin pos!!! Mr Cee's politest carribean takeaway, food nice, too. they need to find a bigger restaurant and make it a decent eat in place.

oh and gotta add, the 1 near carnival, always find my way there afterward. they might just be bein nice coz it's carnival, i dunno, but the service is alright

Cool Breeze in Hither Green (Between Lewisham, Catford and Lee) has good customer service. They are older people and generally always polite. The resaurant looks inviting, clean, space to sit down. Has plenty of black posters around the wall for sale (iwonder what none blackpeople think of these) You know the posters, 100 caribbean inventors/ kings and queens etc.

The food on display looks decently presented.

Honey's in Deptford, i go there regulary, they are decent, customer service can be sometimeish. they had one woman who was so blunt never smiled, even when you try to crack a lil joke.

Rice and Peas/ Rice and Chips in East Dulwich by the trainstation, boy they do the best oxtail. not too much bones, nice amount of mean, nice gravy, and they were always friendly. the black man with the Tin Tin haircut used to nice me sometimes, when i worked in Sainsburys East Dulwich. When on lunch break, i didnt care for the price i copuld never get chicken n chips when West Indian shop is right there.

Take Two in Catford is decent. Customer serive is cool. Jerk Chicken from the big drum how i like it.

My aunt and my cousin decided to jerk chicken, rice n peas or whitew rice, with coleslaw a drink and plantin from her yard just before xmas for a while until a fam member died. it was poppin off, they would do it on certain days like Tuesdays, thursdays and SUndays, send out BB broadcasts with pricelists. Would sell off, collection for close friends (any and any cant come to the yard) delivery to certain people.

Hope they restart that up.

• Upvote 3

which westfield @ Justin

and have to add another variant to the bad customer service.

ordering food in correct english, only to have the "staff" correct You, by saying it in their version of patois. woman particularly didn't like me not saying the word "dumplin" as harshly as she did ( sounding more like Domplin )

need to send yardie Tulse up in there, show them what it really is

Cool Breeze in Hither Green (Between Lewisham, Catford and Lee) has good customer service. They are older people and generally always polite. The resaurant looks inviting, clean, space to sit down. Has plenty of black posters around the wall for sale (iwonder what none blackpeople think of these) You know the posters, 100 caribbean inventors/ kings and queens etc.

The food on display looks decently presented.

Honey's in Deptford, i go there regulary, they are decent, customer service can be sometimeish. they had one woman who was so blunt never smiled, even when you try to crack a lil joke.

Rice and Peas/ Rice and Chips in East Dulwich by the trainstation, boy they do the best oxtail. not too much bones, nice amount of mean, nice gravy, and they were always friendly. the black man with the Tin Tin haircut used to nice me sometimes, when i worked in Sainsburys East Dulwich. When on lunch break, i didnt care for the price i copuld never get chicken n chips when West Indian shop is right there.

Take Two in Catford is decent. Customer serive is cool. Jerk Chicken from the big drum how i like it.

My aunt and my cousin decided to jerk chicken, rice n peas or whitew rice, with coleslaw a drink and plantin from her yard just before xmas for a while until a fam member died. it was poppin off, they would do it on certain days like Tuesdays, thursdays and SUndays, send out BB broadcasts with pricelists. Would sell off, collection for close friends (any and any cant come to the yard) delivery to certain people.

Hope they restart that up.

All of those mentioned>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gabbys in Lewi.

Smh. Dont even go there anymore staff are so f*ck*ng stank.

Honeys is my regular if im at work. Take a walk down to Deptford High Street despite me working right next to Honeypot on Lewi Way. The woman that owns it is a c*nt. Real talk.

So there's a honeys as well as honeypot?

Yup.

Honeys just a little way down Deptford High Street on the left side.

Honeypot on Lewi Way just past the college.

Honeypot is DEAD. Woman is so teef. Tries to rob everyone.

Inner Circle in Hockley, Birmingham

The most ghetto caribbean takeaway place i know but food is so on point. Entrance looks like a alleyway door but the service is good. Black food prices take the piss at times though. £4.10 for fries and a piece of baked chicken .. gosh!