Make Bradford British

Anderson

Watched this on 4oD last night. Pretty good will tune into the next one. As usual most of the comments on this forum are shite though.

beg you share your magnificent insight into this programme with us.

No magnificent insight on it just opinions. Don't think the choice of people they have bought in is up to a good standard either. The Mixed Race woman and the Black male to me appear to be the victims of race hate, whilst the mix one is guilty of it herself. The 3 white people they have stuck in are from predominantly white areas and don't even affiliate with other races from the looks of it. The younger white guy has blatantly said he uses racist terms with his mates, the older white man has dropped racist bars so instantly they are the criminals. The older white woman seems to have a non racial roll but people are talking about her being fake and that.

Think they should of mixed it up a bit more, more people. Bring a Black person in from a predominantly black area who doesn't particularly like other ethnic groups and let them voice their opinions, Bring a white guy in from a multicultural area who might of had people call him Wigga etc and get his opinions. Bring a Sikh into the group who doesn't like Pakistanis etc and get his opinions.

• Upvote 5

Watched this on 4oD last night. Pretty good will tune into the next one. As usual most of the comments on this forum are shite though.

No magnificent insight on it just opinions. Don't think the choice of people they have bought in is up to a good standard either. The Mixed Race woman and the Black male to me appear to be the victims of race hate, whilst the mix one is guilty of it herself. The 3 white people they have stuck in are from predominantly white areas and don't even affiliate with other races from the looks of it. The younger white guy has blatantly said he uses racist terms with his mates, the older white man has dropped racist bars so instantly they are the criminals. The older white woman seems to have a non racial roll but people are talking about her being fake and that.

Think they should of mixed it up a bit more, more people. Bring a Black person in from a predominantly black area who doesn't particularly like other ethnic groups and let them voice their opinions, Bring a white guy in from a multicultural area who might of had people call him Wigga etc and get his opinions. Bring a Sikh into the group who doesn't like Pakistanis etc and get his opinions.

i agree with that still but remember blacks aint really on the media agenda any more. its more to do with pakistanis vs whites now.

Shouldn't be to do with anyone vs anyone. Plenty of people get along regardless and if you are going to get the ones who do not get along onto a show as an experiment to see how they develop then at least put out a levelled selection of personalities.

From watching the first episode it seemed like the Asian people on it were all "I'm peaceful, I'm british, I love everyone"....... Show has come across as a sympathetic cause rather than anything to do with integration, a sympathetic cause to anyone that isn't White British.

Shouldn't be to do with anyone vs anyone. Plenty of people get along regardless and if you are going to get the ones who do not get along onto a show as an experiment to see how they develop then at least put out a levelled selection of personalities.

From watching the first episode it seemed like the Asian people on it were all "I'm peaceful, I'm british, I love everyone"....... Show has come across as a sympathetic cause rather than anything to do with integration, a sympathetic cause to anyone that isn't White British.

Boo Hoo.

Off course The producers went into the show with an agenda, if there wasn't one the show would never of been commissioned.

Get the somewhat racist otherwise ill-informed/ignorant poor White guy- Check

rich White person from the nice areas-Check x2

Black Victim- Check

Mixed race part time victim part time perpetrator -Check

Muslim Religous guy -Check

Muslim woman (an opinion we don't hear everyday, - Check

More westernised* Asian guy -Check

The only thing they probably wanted but probably were advised to omit was a militant Muslim guy.

Will never understand people getting on their high horse in regards to things they do themselves, see bareeeee people criticising the woman for dropping the p word so casually and claiming its not offensive before getting all emotional about having been called the n word in the past yet these same people do the EXACT same thing.

Its funny what people regard as racist when it comes to comments made by others in contrast to comments they make themselves

Because white people have oppressed other people due to race for around half a thousand years now, ending in law everywhere in the world about 20 years ago (outside of Africa, about 50 years ago) and still continuing today socially and economically. It's only ever been white people who can't see the 'big deal' about racism because they never have to put up with it.

and with world history as it was u can't ignore race now,

ur talking like black pl are bitching for nothing without considering what our parents and what we continue to go through

so the past and present actions of some white people should dictate some kind of whites-only language restriction?

and its due to the fact that I, my parents and whites in general have never been subjected to racism or oppression that we fail to understand?

I assume both of your families chose to move to England. Past hostile reactions to their appearance in England, however racist you deem it to be, whilst maybe inexcusable, is to be expected. A reaction is to be expected. Dress it up how you want, the Spanish are hostile to the English, Greeks are hostile to Indians n if you dropped me off in your mum's old Nigerian town I doubt the majority would greet me with open arms

and despite successful efforts to pursuade the benifits of "multi culturalism" and discourage racial loyalty between whites, the growing presence of different groups is going to met with more reaction.

to claim I've never been subjected to racism is ignorant and incorrect. n it was more than a beating by a bunch of kids in Kent raegus.

people aren't bitching for nothing? from what i remember the guy clearly wasn't being malicious, weren't he remarking on how its great that he can call his new pal a back bastard n he wouldn't be offended. naive maybe, but not racist

but its good to see that these shows forfill their purpose. ch4 have been banging them out lately. Mostly under the guise of patching up race relations, but all they really do is have every group watching come away angrier than before.

• Upvote 1

Because white people have oppressed other people due to race for around half a thousand years now, ending in law everywhere in the world about 20 years ago (outside of Africa, about 50 years ago) and still continuing today socially and economically. It's only ever been white people who can't see the 'big deal' about racism because they never have to put up with it.

ur talking like black pl are bitching for nothing without considering what our parents and what we continue to go through

so the past and present actions of some white people should dictate some kind of whites-only language restriction?

and its due to the fact that I, my parents and whites in general have never been subjected to racism or oppression that we fail to understand?

I assume both of your families chose to move to England. Past hostile reactions to their appearance in England, however racist you deem it to be, whilst maybe inexcusable, is to be expected. A reaction is to be expected. Dress it up how you want, the Spanish are hostile to the English, Greeks are hostile to Indians n if you dropped me off in your mum's old Nigerian town I doubt the majority would greet me with open arms

and despite successful efforts to pursuade the benifits of "multi culturalism" and discourage racial loyalty between whites, the growing presence of different groups is going to met with more reaction.

to claim I've never been subjected to racism is ignorant and incorrect. n it was more than a beating by a bunch of kids in Kent raegus.

people aren't bitching for nothing? from what i remember the guy clearly wasn't being malicious, weren't he remarking on how its great that he can call his new pal a back bastard n he wouldn't be offended. naive maybe, but not racist

but its good to see that these shows forfill their purpose. ch4 have been banging them out lately. Mostly under the guise of patching up race relations, but all they really do is have every group watching come away angrier than before.

With the huge benefits whites as a whole have received from racism I don't think it's unfair to ask them to watch their tongue. But of course, whites want it all.

It's not that whites of today have committed the evils of the past, but that they allow them to continue and don't give a sh*t.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The black guy in this made me angry. How can you let guys racially abuse you all your life

And just smile. Could tell all he wanted was to be accepted by the daemons at any cost.

Guest petercrotch

i agree with that still but remember blacks aint really on the media agenda any more. its more to do with pakistanis vs whites now.

Yeah we are small fish mate They dont feel threatened by us .They dont give a shit about us like they do asians because we dont stick together like the mr patels and mr hussains . They do and they have power with it . We dont

• Upvote 1

Guest petercrotch

With the huge benefits whites as a whole have received from racism I don't think it's unfair to ask them to watch their tongue. But of course, whites want it all.

It's not that whites of today have committed the evils of the past, but that they allow them to continue and don't give a sh*t.

Alie . If we took back everything whats ours they would be the first people to complain . The worst thing is they are still fucking up africa today thats what get me . They think because "slavery" ended a few decades ago everything is all rosey . Should ask why africa is STILL poor