After Graduating

PopT

It is essentially about complex maths that creates the foundation of it, CAPM, Option Pricing theory, Hedge ratios, all calculus and statistics.

Same way the internal combustion engine of an F1 car is about complex mathematics, engineering and physics but all you might see cars moving real quick round Silverstone.

LOL.. this may be why you were held back in certain interviews you had

them apprentice contestants trying to impress too hard with business talk and not common business sense.

investment banking is essentially about advising businesses to raise capital, develop ideas and strategies for growth by buying out other businesses,

mergers with other companies, smooching investors to part with their money and getting corporate loans.if you can sell lemon juice successfully you can be a successful IB.

• Downvote 1

• 2 months later...

Have 29 tabs of jobs open, just hate having to do cover letters etc. Living back home. Hating it already. Got a temp job for this summer till September but still applying. If I get something better I'll jack it in.

Been to the Lake District and Bournemouth in last week for 21sts and each time not wanted to come back. CBA unpacking all my stuff and its been here since June 23rd.

Graduation Friday after next and I've decided I'm gonna stay in Sheffield for the night (there's a free musical festival on that weekend)

International business degree, now working at an ad agency. f*ck it for a career though, sh*t aint for me.

It was always advertising/marketing or financials, I'm currently looking for a job in the latter.

Had a few close calls with 'dream jobs' - was offered a role at a marketing firm in Australia but for a variety of reasons I couldn't take it up & also came very close for working on the marketing team at Nike Football

A mate of mines had a bit of luck with Warner Bros in LA btw, fresh outta Uni an now has an interview for their marketing team with no experience - they have a lot of job pops on their site for the LA, NY, London & Chicago offices apparently for anyone interested

International business degree, now working at an ad agency. f*ck it for a career though, sh*t aint for me.

It was always advertising/marketing or financials, I'm currently looking for a job in the latter.

Had a few close calls with 'dream jobs' - was offered a role at a marketing firm in Australia but for a variety of reasons I couldn't take it up & also came very close for working on the marketing team at Nike Football

A mate of mines had a bit of luck with Warner Bros in LA btw, fresh outta Uni an now has an interview for their marketing team with no experience - they have a lot of job pops on their site for the LA, NY, London & Chicago offices apparently for anyone interested

whats the cons about working at an ad agency

thinking about making that my next jump

Don't ask me ask the corporates

I guess in this era so many people go Uni they need to discriminate somehow.

Saying that I respect people who got 2:2s and make it, just like my mother lol.

Not the corporates, but people on here.

I think it's bullfrogs tbh. If you smash an interview, can do the work and show enthusiasm, then it doesn't really matter.

• Upvote 2

whats the cons about working at an ad agency

thinking about making that my next jump

Don't get me wrong, its a great industry to live in and the experience/contacts available probably outweigh those found in other industries but its just not for me.

If you're client facing then its too much p*ssy footing around and never straight to the point which pisses me off and jet makes most processes too long winded. Theres ALOT of pretentiousness about too annoys me & then finally the work some times (and we've got pretty big clients) can become tedious. The pros though are that most agencies I've experienced are incredibly relaxed and are very flexible with how you work & influence you to not over-focus on work (a lot have schemes were you can claim back footy, cinema, theatre, gig etc tickets as 'inspiration' and just claim it on the business). Theres a lot of client/media owner parties which are always a laugh/include free sh*t so it is fun and the work can be incredible but its just the kind of people who work within the industry thats slowly making me turn away & thats the big problem as its so socially orientated.

Its an odd one with most people I speak to cause it really is either love or hate. I'm more straight to the point/cut throat when it comes to work so isn't very adaptable in most aspects of the ad world

• Upvote 1