Torres Still Good Enough To Lead Chelsea's Line Next Season?

Mame Biram Diouf

Lukaku for anderlecht when he was 16 was something else tho

LMAO.

People forget how awful Drogba's touch when he touched Prem. So much so even AVB talked about how they adjusted their tactics slightly because of it in an interview talking tactics.

He improved it DRAMATICALLY, best believe.

LOL, writing off a 20 year striker who's already doing it domestically & internationally.

Did I say his touch?

Drogba was a target man.

Lukaku has more to his game than that.

Drogba started off as a target man then became a proper all-rounder round the times Ancelotti touched down.

The Malouda, Anelka & Drogba combo at times was a madness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ8WMkGQ0xc

chelsea were balling start of that season stil

lukakz will stunt eventually if he dnt write himself off riding bench at chelsea

them man will have him forgetting he even kicks ball

That's what I'm tryna get at.

Lukaku at 20 is the same level or higher than Drogba was at 26.

People will laugh cause he's scoring goals for another team whilst our strikers aren't but we're gonna get a more complete player back next year.

Scary to think where this Chelsea team is gonna be in 3 years.

People will laugh cause he's scoring goals for another team whilst our strikers aren't but we're gonna get a more complete player back next year.

preseason was enough to show the guy weren't ready anyway

seeing how quickly some turned on Ba when he's still superior to Torres, I'm glad he went on loan elsewhere

seeing how quickly some turned on Ba when he's still superior to Torres, I'm glad he went on loan elsewhere

You can't use pre-season as a sole indicator of what the player is capable of especially if he's not being played through as a focal point.

Eitherw way, he at the very least should be 3rd choice & Mourinho or the coaching staff should be actually COACHING him to develop what they want from him.

You can't use pre-season as a sole indicator of what the player is capable of especially if he's not being played through as a focal point.

Eitherw way, he at the very least should be 3rd choice & Mourinho or the coaching staff should be actually COACHING him to develop what they want from him.

On your second point fair enough, but seeing as Sturridge got sold after missing a couple sitters I'll stand by my point, preseason showed he isn't ready to be judged so harshly by the fanbase and such

You can tell if he had a poor 6 months in January or even next summer the next big thing would be on the list of targets. I'd much rather see him get minutes under a coach like Martinez, watch Torres toil upfront - finally remove any doubt he'll ever 'return' and Lukaku can come back a better player off the back of a season at Everton and the WC

Lukaku will never reach Drogba levels. Quote me on that

Lukaku will never reach Drogba levels. Quote me on that

See my problem with this prediction is, a 20 year old Didier Drogba wasn't even playing professional football & wasn't even rated as a top prospect. On ANY level. But we all know what he went on to do.

Now, we have Lukaku who IS a better prospect than Drogba was at the same age.

Now, considering that, what makes you think he won't reach his level when he's SEVEN years from his peak especially with his professionalism & work ethic.