Week 12 - Premier League 12/13 - NLD

User

Domenech let it go FFS

FORMER boss Raymond Domenech says William Gallas LAUGHED when France lost to Mexico in the 2010 World Cup.

The explosive claim is made by Domenech in a new book lifting the lid on Les Bleus’ disastrous campaign in South Africa.

Gallas & Co went home in disgrace — following a player MUTINY which resulted in Nicolas Anelka’s expulsion from the squad.

And Domenech has revealed the extent of the bitter in-fighting which derailed the French bid for glory.

It makes uncomfortable reading for Tottenham star Gallas, who is accused alongside Anelka of not caring that France lost.

Domenech also reveals:

— Former Chelsea striker Anelka was a selfish “imbecile” who only cared about himself

— Anelka also exploded into a foul-mouthed rant at his boss during that defeat to Mexico

— Thierry Henry demanded to play and sparked a squad revolt when he was not picked

— Franck Ribery HATED international team-mate Yohann Gourcuff

— How he drank himself to sleep after the player strike which resulted in Anelka being sent home.

The book, written as a diary and called All Alone, is published today.

And Domenech says: “Anelka insulted me at half-time of the Mexico match when I hadn’t stopped fighting on his behalf.

“He killed the squad.

“After the match, he was laughing along with Gallas. What insensibility. Were they happy to lose?”

Anelka’s rant was leaked to the French Press and hit the headlines around the world.

Domenech and skipper Patrice Evra suspected that Henry was “the mole”. But incredibly, the former Arsenal striker accused his boss of tipping off the media.

He adds: “Evra thought he was the mole in the dressing room but then he [Henry] managed to turn everyone around, he even managed to suggest that I might be the mole.”

Domenech speaks of his regret at picking Henry, who had barely played for Barcelona all season.

He says: “Henry has played one whole match all year and shouldn’t be here. He’s sulking and not taking his responsibilities.”

And in one amazing dig, the former France boss reveals the extent to which Ribery despised Gourcuff.

“Ribery doesn’t like Gourcuff, that’s for sure,” he writes.

“Before the Uruguay match, I told Gourcuff: ‘You have the keys to the match, it’s down to you.

“The worst thing was Franck Ribery’s look. Maybe I’m exaggerating, but in his eyes I saw hatred, contempt or jealousy.

“He’s the same as Anelka and Henry, everything revolves around their belly buttons.

“When things go wrong, they’re the first to jump ship. A senior player warned me about [Ribery] in 2008. And me, I gave him the keys to the team. What a moron I am.”

Domenech admits he could not wait to quit — calling his squad a “bunch of imbeciles”.

And he reveals the plight of his side drove him to drink.

He adds: “I’m out of here. I couldn’t give a damn about this bunch of imbeciles.”

And following the strike, he “went to bed after a few beers. Well, a few litres.”

Domenech let it go FFS

FORMER boss Raymond Domenech says William Gallas LAUGHED when France lost to Mexico in the 2010 World Cup.

The explosive claim is made by Domenech in a new book lifting the lid on Les Bleus’ disastrous campaign in South Africa.

Gallas & Co went home in disgrace — following a player MUTINY which resulted in Nicolas Anelka’s expulsion from the squad.

And Domenech has revealed the extent of the bitter in-fighting which derailed the French bid for glory.

It makes uncomfortable reading for Tottenham star Gallas, who is accused alongside Anelka of not caring that France lost.

Domenech also reveals:

— Former Chelsea striker Anelka was a selfish “imbecile” who only cared about himself

— Anelka also exploded into a foul-mouthed rant at his boss during that defeat to Mexico

— Thierry Henry demanded to play and sparked a squad revolt when he was not picked

— Franck Ribery HATED international team-mate Yohann Gourcuff

— How he drank himself to sleep after the player strike which resulted in Anelka being sent home.

The book, written as a diary and called All Alone, is published today.

And Domenech says: “Anelka insulted me at half-time of the Mexico match when I hadn’t stopped fighting on his behalf.

“He killed the squad.

“After the match, he was laughing along with Gallas. What insensibility. Were they happy to lose?”

Anelka’s rant was leaked to the French Press and hit the headlines around the world.

Domenech and skipper Patrice Evra suspected that Henry was “the mole”. But incredibly, the former Arsenal striker accused his boss of tipping off the media.

He adds: “Evra thought he was the mole in the dressing room but then he [Henry] managed to turn everyone around, he even managed to suggest that I might be the mole.”

Domenech speaks of his regret at picking Henry, who had barely played for Barcelona all season.

He says: “Henry has played one whole match all year and shouldn’t be here. He’s sulking and not taking his responsibilities.”

And in one amazing dig, the former France boss reveals the extent to which Ribery despised Gourcuff.

“Ribery doesn’t like Gourcuff, that’s for sure,” he writes.

“Before the Uruguay match, I told Gourcuff: ‘You have the keys to the match, it’s down to you.

“The worst thing was Franck Ribery’s look. Maybe I’m exaggerating, but in his eyes I saw hatred, contempt or jealousy.

“He’s the same as Anelka and Henry, everything revolves around their belly buttons.

“When things go wrong, they’re the first to jump ship. A senior player warned me about [Ribery] in 2008. And me, I gave him the keys to the team. What a moron I am.”

Domenech admits he could not wait to quit — calling his squad a “bunch of imbeciles”.

And he reveals the plight of his side drove him to drink.

He adds: “I’m out of here. I couldn’t give a damn about this bunch of imbeciles.”

And following the strike, he “went to bed after a few beers. Well, a few litres.”

Confirms everything I said about France 2 years ago.

Tarnished Henry in my eyes, strengthened my hate of Evra, Ribery & Gallas. f*ck those guys.

zero surprise. as sick as he was he was never, ever, ever a leader. hes probably my favourite player of all time but he always lacked that next level of intensity and ruthlessness that defines the true greats... probably why he never banged in a meaningful final.