BT Buys ESPN UK

Kurtis

• 2 months later...

BT Sport is close to finalising a deal with Uefa to broadcast Champions League matches from 2015, according to reports. An anticipated three-year agreement would also lead to the company showing Europa League fixtures.

If BT Sport succeeds in gaining exclusive rights to Champions League games in the UK, it would deal a significant blow to Sky and ITV, the existing rights holders. It would also take the tournament off free-to-air television for the first time, unless BT Sport followed its Premier League lead and made some matches available to non-subscribers.

The Times and Telegraph report that BT Sport, which entered the football market this season by purchasing the rights to Premier League games, is in final negotiations with European football's governing body and that those look almost certain to conclude successfully.

The Times says the deal would be worth almost £1bn. BT Sport has paid £738m for three years of Premier League rights.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2013/nov/09/bt-sport-deal-champions-league-rights

itv would be stupid to let this happen.

• Upvote 2

what, BT actually won ALL matches for CL and Europa

sky are fucking slipping

all matches  :|

got 2 years to sort it out

So, i'm guessing they will show only one game a week for free as ITV do right now and the rest of the games will be behind the pay wall. Massive blow to the consumer more like, i'm beginning to think I should have taken out BT's fibre offering as opposed to Sky's now. I'm not about to spend an extra £15 a month for a few Champions League games.

so how will this run will they have the red button option like sky?

BT need to just sit down and piss off.

P.S the cost of sky should be frozen no way should it be increased next summer if they wont even have one of their landmark programs 

this is how BBC and Channel 4 must of felt when Sky poached 24 and Glee

The thing with ESPN and the previous ones like Sentanta  is that they never had a massive fan base.  BT is huge

Apparently Sky didn't want BT to go into football 'cause they took all their broadband customers and never took the other competition seriously.   I heard that BT are giving these channels away free possibly for some of their customers (probs with the BB package) 

I think BT may be around for a long time possibly getting bigger and more football games.

Obviously Sky is well clear atm but BT Sport could be a decent thing happening.   That's if they giving it away free to me :lol:  Otherwise i'll allow it

Looks like what i heard was true.

BT are taking Sky's games and are here for the long run 

BT will be poaching alot of them sky pundits tbh

• Upvote 3

This is fucked! cant lie im pretty angry right now.

hhahaha yes

fuck sky

cunts

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

hhahaha yes

f*ck sky

cunts

Tbh
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

imagine david james in studio tryna talk about champions league ball like he knows anything. 

a bit like Jamie Redknapp then...

• Upvote 5