16 year old schoolgirl stabbed to death on the bus

stacksbranning

A suspect arrested on suspicion of murdering 16-year-old Christina Edkins in Birmingham has tonight (8 March) been sectioned under the Mental Health Act.

He will now be sent to a secure facility after the latest assessment by mental health professionals deemed him unfit to be interviewed any further by detectives.

The 22-year-old has been regularly assessed by medical experts throughout his time in police custody.

Det Supt. Baker said: “Despite this latest development, the investigation continues and we still need to hear from anyone who has not yet come forward.

“I want to reiterate that we’re not looking for anyone else in connection with Christina’s murder.

“The family, who are still extremely distressed, have been kept up to date with the progress of the investigation. We continue to support them at this very difficult time.”

Anyone with information to assist the investigation should call 101 or the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

R.I.P

Sectioned, man could be playing a game for a lighter sentence still? Must be easier in a hospital rather than pen. 

I doubt it though man prob got knocked back for that final time and flipped!

nah i wouldnt say so tbh

you have to be medicated by force and im pretty sure youre not allowed to do any activities (the ones there when i was in hospital werent allowed and they were there for minor stuff)

plus youre held until deemed no longer a threat, so no defined sentences, could be for time, one guy when i was there heard a voice telling him to punch someone and he been there for 3 years when i was there

doesnt look fun ator

Guest chap44uns

Only one other person was upstairs – a schoolboy who heard her screams and rushed to help. Passengers downstairs also heard her shouts.

all this time i thought the bus was crowded

R.I.P

Sectioned, man could be playing a game for a lighter sentence still? Must be easier in a hospital rather than pen. 

I doubt it though man prob got knocked back for that final time and flipped!

Stretch would be longer in hospital.

why u say that? The stretch could be a year in hospital, as long as he is cured.

no

like i said

when i was there there were people who had been in for years who may have got 6-9 months in a normal prison, one even seemed "normal" but he still had to be held down by 2 guys and injected by other everytime he refused to take his medication, then come and complain to me after he'd woken up from the daze that the psychiatrist is a priick (which he was tbh)

and maybe ive got something wrong

but you guys saying its easier, can you explain exactly how its easier please? just so i make sure im talking about the same aspects

• Upvote 1