PFA Player Of The Year

Lieutenant

He deserves it more now than he did 2 seasons ago imo.

Debatable between him Suarez and RVP but Bale has probably had more world class match winning moments than the other 2 tbf.

In that list of which top scorer a team would miss most he was 2nd I think behind Benteke so stat wise more valuable this season than the others aswell.

Just thank God Welbeck didn't win it, woulda put football to the side for a bit, guys been garbage.

I dont have a problem with it being Bale or RVP, but I'd have been disappointed if Suarez woulda won. His antics this season have been embarrassing at times and its been hard to defend the "Gamesmanship".

FOTY is about more than goals and assists for me, and only Bale and RVP have represented themselves and football in general, in the right way.

If I had to pick though I'd have gone with RVP for overall performance and the lack of controversy courted this season.

• Downvote 1

I don't disagree with you on any point you make, but I said why I chose RVP and you can't say they aren't legitimate reasons.

Bale has had to cope with the whole diving thing, which while I know was over the top, he still had to deal with it. 

On top of that RVP has helped his team go so far clear of the pack, for me its where the award is meant to go.

lets be real though

rvp scored winners vs city and liverpool away

scored against arsenal away 

scored vs chelsea away and set up the winner

scored vs spurs away

longest run in the league without scoring is 5 and got an assist in 3 of those games

/

was tight with bale, rvp and suarez

but think the media hype for bale after the new year won it for him

should of been rvp though

the importance of his goals and the sheer number of them and the magnitude of the games is on a different level to the other 2

suarez is sick, but can he do it at a big club in important games ?

• Upvote 1