Splitting the bill

Natty

heard of couples who use them purely to pay their bills.

house bills come out of joint a/c, and they pay standing orders into the joint a/c from their own to cover said bills.

think I'd prefer this to my chick every month giving me half the rent, although a standing order could technically be set up from her to me for this.

Yh I hear all the she should have got the next round talk but come on you would just take the L and never contact the bitch again not turn into 16year old waste man and steal her phone ffs

/

Also pmsl at tones guy not having his own bank account but yh obviously a bitch made probably does all the cooking and cleaning as well.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Never understood why anyone would get a joint account

!

heard of couples who use them purely to pay their bills.

house bills come out of joint a/c, and they pay standing orders into the joint a/c from their own to cover said bills.

think I'd prefer this to my chick every month giving me half the rent, although a standing order could technically be set up from her to me for this.

Smart men, only put half their wage into the joint account, and claim its the full...

The guy has to be dumb for having a joint account in the first place

Dunno about dumb, cos in reality you'd do it normally for a home together and/or marriage.

Once your at that stage there has to be a certain trust and you've already made a big commitment.

House - not being paid for 25-35 years.

Marriage - you agreed to life with her, till death do us part and all that

Understand I fully agree with you but I see these situation in reality...

If your a man getting/needing to get a mortgage with a chick and she's working, clearly your not the breadwinner. My chick is not on my paperwork, she couldbe there, she could not be there, my houses clockwork runs exactly the same, so this joint account discussion is a non-starter but for other guys that have to go that route, the bank will insist. My advice to them is have your wages go into your current account and then a percentage of it shuffle over same day to the joint. If she notices it not your actually company paying your money in tell her my work was being long about changing it over and said my money might get processed wrong and we don't want that babe.

If you get married and leave the bill management to your wife, then your own laziness is why your need a joint account in the first place. Again I pay all my bills myself, I did it today its simple but the older generation ain't technology savvy, somedont even know what direct debit are. I know men that couldn't tell you how much their Sky bill is, yet they pay it every month. They earn themoney but the budgeting and mangement is left to their wife.

• Downvote 1

Lots of people make the mistake tho, a lot with good intentions tho.

Women by nature like you to move out of YOUR home tbh, they aint stupid...

When you get a mortgage, you get a bank account, they will try their hardest to get you to move your money to that bank/account. If you get a mortgage with your girl, that account by default will be joint.

That's a mistake already

Wanting to get a mortgage with a woman in the first place(Only moving into a chick's house is worse)

Why would the bank insist?

Doing things 50/50 makes you lose self value

Your woman needs to fear your presence (not physically but mentally)

Porchy when you get married and move into a house with your partner are you saying will you pay the full deposit/mortgage payments?

Lots of people make the mistake tho, a lot with good intentions tho.

Women by nature like you to move out of YOUR home tbh, they aint stupid...

When you get a mortgage, you get a bank account, they will try their hardest to get you to move your money to that bank/account. If you get a mortgage with your girl, that account by default will be joint.

Can you see yourself falling into that trap?

That's a mistake already

Wanting to get a mortgage with a woman in the first place(Only moving into a chick's house is worse)

Porchy when you get married and move into a house with your partner are you saying will you pay the full deposit/mortgage payments?

Yeah of course

Isn't that the norm?

A wife's role is to be maternal

Darkman it's my name on everything (sole owner)

This way if things goes wrong she walks out the same way she walked in

With nothing

• Downvote 1

I

That's a mistake already

Yeah of course

Isn't that the norm?

A wife's role is to be maternal

Darkman it's my name on everything (sole owner)

This way if things goes wrong she walks out the same way she walked in

With nothing

The norm? No

Ideal? Yes

When kids and other things comes into the equation though a larger place may be required and combining your income will only increase your buying/borrowing power. House prices have risen over the years and will continue to do so it will be much harder getting a mortgage by yourself. I reckon you'll need at least 60k deposit for a decent place which is a huge amount. Split between 2 people this is not too bad. I'm assuming you're not already a homeowner?

I'm not saying I will get a joint mortgage but in reality it often makes financial sense

What woman is stupid enough to move into a marital home without her name on it?

Darkman

I am thinking long term. I rather work hard and be the sole provider

I own a place in Canning Town which I am about to sell by the end of this year so yes I am a homeowner already

I am planning to live on mainland Europe

/

What man is stupid enough to have share ownership of the family home