Arsenal 2013/14 thread

Anderson

Lehmann open to coaching in England

The ex-Arsenal goalkeeper, who won the Premier League and the FA Cup with the Gunners, has hinted that he is on the verge of taking up a coaching position in England

Former Arsenal goalkeeper Jens Lehmann has hinted he is on the cusp of taking up a coaching role in England.

Lehmann has recently spent time working as a pundit in Germany but he could be set for a return to football after flagging the possibility at a sponsors evening in Nuremberg.

The 44-year-old former German international has previously been linked with a return to the national team as an assistant to Joachim Low.

But a move back to England, where he spent over five years playing for Arsenal, is on the cards, with his future set to be sorted in the next couple of weeks.

"It may very well be that I'm from the summer closer to the football," Lehmann is quoted as saying by German newspaper Bild.

"Probably in a club.

"It does not have to be Germany, in England may also be a possibility, but as a coach.

"In Germany, people see me more as a sports director. That will be decided in the next six to eight weeks."

Lehmann enjoyed a memorable five-season spell in London after swapping Borussia Dortmund for Arsenal in 2003.

The shotstopper went on to win the Premier League in his first season under Arsene Wenger, before adding an FA Cup and Community Shield to his collection of honours, while he was sent off as Arsenal lost to Barcelona in the 2006 Champions League final.

Wengers successor? That mad German at the helm? 

:clueless:

dont get me gassed!

• Downvote 4

we have enough failed midfielders pretending to be defenders. 

sagna is one of the few actual defenders at the club... one of the few durable players we have.

also you know trust wenger to replace him?

As far as Sagna goes, his defending is very consistent. But when you play the system we play + our style of football, the attacking and ball quality attributes needs to be just as on point. Our full backs need to have winger-esq quality, neither of them do, which limits the team in the attacking phase of play especially.  

I've heard we're in for Serge Aurier, heard he's an absolute beast if true.

we have enough failed midfielders pretending to be defenders. 

sagna is one of the few actual defenders at the club... one of the few durable players we have.

also you know trust wenger to replace him?

As far as Sagna goes, his defending is very consistent. But when you play the system we play + our style of football, the attacking and ball quality attributes needs to be just as on point. Our full backs need to have winger-esq quality, neither of them do, which limits the team in the attacking phase of play especially.  

I've heard we're in for Serge Aurier, heard he's an absolute beast if true.

gibbs is a beast going forward.

and we dont need BOTH fullbacks to have "winger-esq quality". lauren wasnt anything special going forward (apart from his penalties), dixon and winterburn were both defenders first and foremost.

not eveyone has to be a wizard on the ball, we need players apart from our 2 centre halves that are able to do the other side of the game first.