How much do you earn?

PopT

Just over 20k.  Should be having an appraisal next week maybe so it should jump up.  I would love more money but the experience I'm picking up is solid.  Need to put together a proposal to get my chartered qualification sponsored.  My finance manager said she will back me 100% on it and with that I'm sure I will get more responsibility.  Once I have enough knowledge and skills I'm going to start doing accounts for people outside of work to supplement my income.

I'm so hungry I can taste success.

• Upvote 6

I hear what Badman is saying

Just finished my studies and I got interviews coming up for engineering jobs in mainland europe for €50k.

I enjoy engineering and considering i come from a humble background i should be gassed but i feel no way about it

Can't even explain why

Like I said this career ting aint for me, it was a straight opt out at first opportunity kinda thing 

for me it some defeatist mentality to have a pension like to say you are deffo going to be working till your 67 or whatever on some mundane wage, thats potentially 40/50 years for most people here! madness 

All the while my efforts are just lining up the pockets of some greedy pompus motherf*ckers up the food chain, I just cant live with that sh*t

Me personally I cant even see past 5 years in the game let alone a time longer than I have been alive but thats just me, guess I am short sighted and slightly naive

oh well I guess ill find out in 40 years time if that really is the case lol 

I feel what you're saying, but you could live a wild life, earn that money and still have nothing when you're 67. Everything we do on a daily basis is putting paper in peoples pocket further up the food chain. You have that mentality then you might as well live like a hippy and not own anything and be a traveller.

Nah he aint talking about the total grand scheme of things like ur putting it, setting up ur own shop is even the most logical and less riskiest thing u could do

ironically i did and failed lol, would/will do it again

Ye exactly

Basically If Im gonna bust my ass on a daily basis, I would prefer that I reap all the benefit, not slave master getting 95% and giving me a minute share which turns out to be my salary.....when you look at it, its disproportional and unfair. I wouldnt be as salty if I felt that I got my fair share 

but alas, the only way it will work out the way you want it, is when you do things for yourself. so be it....

Yeah I see what you're saying now.

Fair play and more power to ya if you can setup your own business. If you can find the right location and hit a niche spot with a unique selling point; it's a wrap.

busting my arse for about 22k doing security

gna stack n switch it up at the end of nexx year

What kind of security? What is you experience?

up west (not doors), night shifts, very prestigious 

i been in the industry since the olympics when they was giving out SIAs to man who couldn't tell u the colour of the raft they swam in on

hate hmrc but i get 17 after tax so cant complain seeing as i got no qualifications n that

same way i aint looking to stay where i am for too long atmosphere is toxic

busting my arse for about 22k doing security

gna stack n switch it up at the end of nexx year

What kind of security? What is you experience?

up west (not doors), night shifts, very prestigious 

i been in the industry since the olympics when they was giving out SIAs to man who couldn't tell u the colour of the raft they swam in on

hate hmrc but i get 17 after tax so cant complain seeing as i got no qualifications n that

same way i aint looking to stay where i am for too long atmosphere is toxic

if u wanna stay in security send me a pm/post in this thread, i might be able to help you out. depending on your skills and experience

don't care about school qualifications

I doubt it no more than any other industry

I got a black cab yesterday guy was complaining about how he don't make enough money

Said the other day some guy flagged him down and stuck a girl in the back of the cab she was wasted but the guy gave him a pink note and said there would be someone the other end to pick her up said he didn't really wanna but needed the cash so he took it...

she conked out then woke up screaming he was kidnapping her and started calling Feds saying she was about to be raped then he had to explain to them the situation and he was only round the corner, got to the address and they were waiting for him...luckily her flat mate was there with the fare and backed the whole story for him but he was saying he's got mates that have been knicked on false rape accusations u gotta be mad careful...job sounded long tbh

Also a cab cost about 60k so unless u got that kind of cash to spare ur gonna have to rent/lease one so there are extra costs also tax and maintenance even "100k" won't go that far in the long run

I meant people on here tbh.

/

Please note some people/families are sh*t with money, he could be seeing 10 bags a month and wasting it, so yes he doesn't make enough money...

He could have wanted a tip of sympathy...

He could be seeing the game get more saturated...

He might be lazy and just not work enough hours...

What I know is there is money in black cab driving.

• Upvote 1

Well yh he could be wiping his arse with pink notes for all I know...

He's dodging rape charges for money I doubt he isn't working hard enough tbf

Why do u think u know there is money?

it was only after the story he told me I was like nah y would u even take some slumped woman should have told the guy allow it

and that's when he went into one about needing the fare and it's not all its cracked up to be so many more cabs on the road to when his dad and uncle were on the roads etc

But yh obviously everyone's in different situations for a single male living alone its probably very bless but u got a wife and kids then maybe not all that.

Someone was telling me about some kind of hypno therpopy too

3 year course, a few grand then you just cake