Tips to save money Thread

Eskay Jones

use tesco cashpoint

most give out £5 notes

i no im not they only one thats needed £2-3 & had to take out a 10 note & waste £8 pound on crap

Pay by card?

Got a small card holder, not a wallet so I never hold cash.

Any change gets dumped in the car, notes I use on petrol.

I've found having a food week planner has helped immeasurably to reduce wasting money. If I know what I'm having for dinner for the week it means I don't waste any money getting takeaways etc sometimes I would spending £34 pounds on a takeaway for me and the wifey now if your doing that 2-3 times a week that begins to add up.

So instead we'd get a chicken and chop it up into pieces and we'd know we can get 3-4 meals through the week from that.

Dont smoke , Don't Drink. 

Last 4 months I have made my own munch to work.  Its actually sick when you get into a routine.  

1.Basmati Rice, black beans & chicken korma,

2.Roasted potato wedges, roast plantain, Mixed Moroccan vegetables &s auce

3. noodles, Mixed corn vegetable with Boiled plantain.

4.Boiled Potato, sweet potato, Roasted chicken, Gravy  & pees. 

5. Fuits

Experiment with different menus every week

Asda & local cash & carry.

All that cost me £15 odd for the week.  Not even about the cost alone but just eating organic quality food > ______

I have cut out fizzy drinks years ago and cut down on the assorted juices. Mostly water which I leave in the fridge at work.

Sim only's the way to go on the phone side of things

Workout gym - Easy gym got decent rates £18

Taylor your own package, Call hotels if you have to . You will be surprised at how some rates differ to the packages .

EE home internet - Gives orange wednesdays (cinema heads)

I still find it difficult to save sometimes though . But friends could be a big influence too. Need to cut certain man out of your life. Some peeps aint in touch with reality

f*ck off that costs only £15

Break down that to me, lol.

lol what i thought

Bar the rice which I buy a bag yearly . 

Gravy which I buy once every 2 months

Whole Chicken Barbecue marinade seasoned - £4.50 ( I  skin off & section the chicken into 4 pieces. One or 2 a day Grilled refrigerate)

Sometimes I swap the chicken with the frozen 8 piece portions from asda which is £ 2:60

Wedges bag   £1:50

Morrocan vegeatble mix frozen pack (£1:50) 

ripe Plantain x  8 - £1:70     cash & carry 

Mixed greens vegetables (grren peas, carrots &  sweet corn) - £1:00

Indomie noodles  x 6 - £1.80  cash & carry 

black beans can - 60p

sweet potato  x 1 70p   cash & carry 

potatoes - £1:70

Chicken korma can - £1:50

Its workable. 

Sim only deals

Paying £12 a month is a god send

Virgin do some silly deals.

I get 1200 mins, 600 txts, free Virgin to Virgin for £13.99

My mum has some Unlimited tariff for £22, came with an S2 I think. 

:rofl:

at these being 'deals'

i pay £9 unlimted everything on virgin

my mum has your same tarrif and she pays £5

/

ring them up and tell them you wanna cancel

Sim only deals

at these being 'deals'

/

lol wtf

Them deals came with phones?

stockpiling when something You will always need is on offer

in supermarkets this is likely to be everything at some point. I haven't paid full price for any toiletry in years.

washing powder, nappies(buy 2 get 1 free gets rinsed), same thing

CS Aldi and butchers, need to see what Toney's farmers' markets are saying.

streaming sports from links provided here and not paying for sky

This.

When you're in the supermarket, if you look closely at the label, there will be a "price per kilo" or similar. So when you're buying something, you can buy the box that's the cheapest (usually the biggest).

I stock pile stuff that lasts for a long time (rice, pasta, cereal, condiments, seasoning etc) and stuff that never goes out of date (soap powder, etc)

Sim only deals

at these being 'deals'

/

lol wtf

No chance

Sim only deals

at these being 'deals'

/

lol wtf

No chance

Blue's Simon Webbe declared bankrupt... just a matter of weeks after bandmate Duncan James reveals financial woes

By Louise Saunders

PUBLISHED: 16:48, 24 October 2013 | UPDATED: 17:35, 24 October 2013

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

View

comments

Blue singer Simon Webbe has been declared bankrupt.

The 35-year-old musician filed papers at London's High Court on September 25 after running into financial problems earlier this year.

It comes just a matter of weeks after his bandmate, Duncan James, declared himself bankrupt after the property crash left him struggling.

article-2474995-18F551A400000578-13_634x

Financial worries: Blue singer Simon Webbe has been declared bankrupt, according to court papers filed on September 25

Simon has now become the third member of Blue to run into money problems, with Antony Costa admitting earlier this year that he was left homeless after seeing his earnings fall from £250,000 a month in the height of the band's fame to just £400 a month.

The All Rise hitmakers - also featuring Lee Ryan - formed in 2000 and went on to earn a reported £80 million after selling some 15 million records worldwide, before calling it quits in 2005.

But in May 2013, the group's company, Blueworld Ltd, collapsed, with the quartet left owing thousands of pounds to creditors.

article-2474995-18F551C600000578-419_634

Money problems: Simon's issues come just a matter of weeks after his bandmate, Duncan James, declared himself bankrupt

Simon said at the time: 'Blue made £82million over three years but we hardly saw a penny of it.'

Blue are currently on a UK comeback tour following on from their success on ITV2's The Big Reunion and the release of their fourth studio album, Roulette, earlier this year.

After being declared bankrupt earlier this year, Duncan admitted his financial problems came about as a result of investing in property for  his mum, ex-girlfriend Claire Grainger, and their daughter Tianie-Finn.

He told The Sun newspaper: 'I've always wanted to to give my loved ones roofs over their heads and make sure they were taken care of, so that's what I did.

article-2474995-18E6309C00000578-202_634

Boyband woes: Antony Costa (pictured) has also run into money problems over the past few years

'Now I've had to sell the home I bought for my mum. And that's been the most heartbreaking part for me. I so wanted to care of her.'

Meanwhile, Antony admitted he frittered away much of his cash because he thought Blue's success would last forever.

He said: 'I wasn't saving any of my money along the way and I had champagne taste with lemonade money in the end.

'I thought Blue was going to last forever and any money I did have left at the end of Blue I wasn't advised on how to save it but I don't blame anyone for that.'

MailOnline has contacted a representative for Simon Webbe for comment.

kmt

Duncan admitted his financial problems came about as a result of investing in property for  his mum, ex-girlfriend Claire Grainger, and their daughter Tianie-Finn.

:/

1st off why is he buying his gf a yard, next them living in the yard ain't investing.

No wonder he's broke.