Week 23 - FA Cup R4 & 13/14 Premier League

User

I remember when posters were trying to tell me that Lukakus all round better footballer than Benteke, smh i do wonder what people watch sometimes.

Given his age he has more upside, but Bentekes technical ability is a lot better than his atm, a lot better.

I remember when posters were trying to tell me that Lukakus all round better footballer than Benteke, smh i do wonder what people watch sometimes.

Given his age he has more upside, but Bentekes technical ability is a lot better than his atm, a lot better.

459699423-romelu-lukaku-of-everton-gives

Come on we all rated sturridge from when you could sign him on a free aged 16 on fm.

We will see what he does in a full season.

/

LOL ok mate.

Liverpool right now suits his style of play.

There not that good that everyone will sit back and defend in depth against them so they're counter is 

The team is built around him and Suarez. Suarez pulls people away from him.

If Suarez left he gets less space and would score less.

If teams start to defend against Liverpool like they do with Arsenal, City or a Chelsea he would score less.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yawn Thizzle

You going on like he didn't get Liverpool goals without Suarez at the start of the season.

Sturridge has been 1 of the best in Europe this last 12 months, many guys here laughed when he went Liverpool, actually lol'd, you didn't think he had this kinda football in him but you've been proved wrong.

• Upvote 3

Infact Sturridge was getting goals when Suarez was injured bk end of last season aswell.

Many were thinking then and this season when Suarez comes bk Sturridge time is over, in reality it doesn't really matter, he been banging regardless.

27 in 34 ain't a form ting.

LOL ok mate.

Liverpool right now suits his style of play.

There not that good that everyone will sit back and defend in depth against them so they're counter is 

The team is built around him and Suarez. Suarez pulls people away from him.

If Suarez left he gets less space and would score less.

If teams start to defend against Liverpool like they do with Arsenal, City or a Chelsea he would score less.

He's nothing like Defoe, his all round play is on an entirely different level - have a look at the ball he played to Sterling yesterday as an example of why.

We don't just play on the counter, in fact most teams that come to Anfield are sitting in and asking us to break them down but we're capable of playing on the break. 

The team being built around the best partnership in the league is a bit of a no brainer but it isn't entirely true as we've shown we're flexible in how we setup and well capable of coping with just the one. I'd be surprised if there's a team in the league that has played more formations than us this season tbh.

When Suarez was suspended Sturridge led the line and scored, when Suarez returned Sturridge continued scoring.

He scored in 8 of the first 10 games of the season four without Suarez and four with him, in the 2 games he didn't score one was with Suarez and one was without him.

His goal record for us stands at 27 in 34 games which at the minute is the best strike rate of any Liverpool player, that's nuts considering the strikers we've had.

I know it hurts bro but he is actually just a good player that you lot fucked off for just over 20% of what you spent on Torres.

• Upvote 6