The Purge

Lens

• 4 weeks later...

The Purge: Anarchy - fucking excellent!

The creative ideas they used to let different people have different ways of Purging were well thought!

The opening was tense! Characters well developed while scenarios were set up brilliantly.

The graphic violence was graphic, and senseless. It was outdoors!

I think Omar from the Wire is being lined up as a Samuel L Jackson replacement.

Your premise is "martial law for 12 hours" and the film is set inside a house of people trying to hide

I want to see The Purge happening outside, and what the people are on while law is martial, and not in some cheap CCTV short clip way at the start of the film

This was fixed for the 2nd installment, with a lot of the Purge happening outside  :Y:

Lighty had curly hair!

pic below

Carmen-Ejogo-pic.jpg

my problems (spoilers)

ending - 5 people pointing guns at each other, then the siren indicates that the Purge has ended - no one is gonna know that they shot someone at 7:01, they can still do it, it makes no sense that they don't. 

/

over use of the phrase "stay safe"

"he didn't say" - whole cinema in stitches.  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

I think this series will keep getting better, hope they keep making. 

Yeah the first film squandered the premise. I know what the director was trying to go for, a John Carpenter style assault on Precinct 13 thing but the characters in the first purge weren't interesting enough.

This though was awesome. First having Frank Grillo be lead was a good choice. Guy has that grizzled badman look down to a tee. The other characters even the slightly annoying couple had interesting character arcs. I was also impressed that what was a summer popcorn flick as it was suggesting and going with some pretty subversive ideas. 

There will inevitably be a third movie and I'm really interested in seeing what he does with it, as the way things were left suggest a far more sinister agenda afoot.

• Upvote 2

• 3 months later...

2nd one is what the first one should have been.

I enjoyed the first one but after watching the 2nd one I realised how sh*t the first one was. Focusing on one house was a big mistake considering the concept. (The concept is a brilliant idea by the way). The son is an idiot.

The 2nd one is heavy because it's bare little stories, and the government twist was good. You know sh*t like that happens now (Lol no Thun). I also agree much like Lens, the siren went off, it's not even a few seconds later. LET OFF THE TING. :/ I thought that was unrealistic, even if it is the government.

I wonder what more they can do with the 3rd considering the concept is the same...

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...