US Terrorist attack: Nine killed in Charleston Hate Crime

The Somalian

oh f*ck off with the indirects if want to call me out i will debate anyone here on the morality of abrahamic religions.

am not saying all religion is bad, but these religions were based on philosophies and a political social climate of 1000s of years ago.

forgiveness, love thy neighbor, treat others as you wish to be treated. GREAT, amazing, thank you religion.

but there are terrible ideas still left inside these holy books like

“Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the cruel.”

“Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord.”

‘Take your son, your only son Isaac, whom you love, and go to the land of Moriah, and offer him there as a burnt-offering on one of the mountains that I shall show you.’

“Do not allow a sorceress to live.”

Just page after page of terrible ideas (go read it).

I know religion aint going anywhere but FFS can we at least get rid of the bad thinking.

ps who ever negged my comment and didn't refute anything i said is a coward.

The way you attack religions in your vicious style is how a satanist would do so

Religion is not for you if you are not a peaceful person which you are certainly not, that's why you can't relate

Maybe one day you will see why people become religious to lead a glorious life beholding the most high

oh come on "the way you attack religion with your evidence and logic, it's mean"

refute one thing i have said and stop being emotional.

"Religion is not for you if you are not a peaceful person"

yeah because iceland and norway are just riddled with violent crime (most secular countries in europe)

studies show the more secular the country the more peaceful.

people become religious to lead a glorious life beholding the most high

your reasoning skills are deteriorating filling your mind with this crap. you have no demonstrable evidence for your claims. 

i bet if you left religion today you would automatically jump up 10 i.q points. come on thun we're all waiting.

You're chatting sh*t.

I hate it when atheists step out side of their box and try projecting their 'truth' on others. Stay in your box and chill out, you'll be wormfood in a century what's the issue?

Work on your humility.

ffs let me guess black christian?

again no counter argument just emotional drivel.

No.

So much for your guess work, you legend.

And you stop the argument there? Politicians (i.e. kings and presidents) start wars. No Church ever governed any part of the world without a political framework that underpinned it.

The Roman Catholic Church was the Roman Imperial Cult bundled into a new guise after 'Christians' were fed to lions for 300 years after Christ.

So why would I be Christian when I know the history of Christianity? I believe Jesus existed - he may even have performed miracles. You couldn't disprove either of those things just as much as I can't prove them to you. So what's your point?

War and peace are abstract concepts that exist only as long as humans do. Secular 20th Century science has given humanity the technology to completely reset humanity - we can destory ourselves. Wow, we are so clever. We don't need to shoot guns anymore.

Oh wait, yes we do.

Your sweet secular science hasn't really advanced humans that much, has it? We live under the umbrella of potential nuclear disaster now thanks to Oppenheimer, Einstein and his ilk. You think scientists 'peaceful' ambitions are ever really given respect my the military-industrial complex? You think the Church could have leaned in and stopped the Manhattan project, brah?

I think that's God weaving a bit of irony into the universe.

"You little shits thought you were real clever inventing fire, rubbing sticks together. Go rub your atoms."

i just find it funny that these "christian" relatives of the dead 9 are so forgiving, all this "his in god's hands" is bullshit

nah, his in the white man's hands which makes sense coz what do black folks god look like?

*insert white jesus*

black ppl are the most persecuted but are probably the most forgiving

fuck that!!!

kill one of mine and i'll strike back, even if they take me out at least they'll think twice next time

sometimes u just need to plant the seed

/

i wish these thugs/road guys start shooting feds, bet they'll start changing their ways

• Downvote 2

This religion debate is boring. Let's take this thread somewhere else...

Was Dylann Roof driven to racist murder by a GIRL? Cousin of Charleston massacre suspect says he 'went over the edge' when unrequited love interest 'started dating a black man'

By Mia De Graaf and Kieran Corcoran For Dailymail.com

00:56 22 Jun 2015, updated 01:16 22 Jun 2015

Dylann Roof's cousin claims the suspected killer became racist after a girl he liked started dating a black man.

The 21-year-old is charged with murdering nine African American churchgoers in a Charleston bible study group on Wednesday night.

Since his arrest, it has emerged Roof harbored strong feelings against black people, had Confederate plates on his car, plotted to paint all Jews blue, and reportedly told friends that somebody needed to 'save the white race'.

According to Scott Roof, his cousin, these feeling were vitalized when Dylann's love interest became involved with a black man.

'He kind of went over the edge when a girl he liked starting dating a black guy two years back,' Scott told The Intercept, adding that he also 'started listening to that white power music stuff.'

'Dylann liked her. The black guy got her,' Scott said. 'He changed. I don’t know if we would be here if not...' he finished, before hanging up the phone on the reporter.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3133893/Was-Dylann-Roof-driven-racist-murder-GIRL-Cousin-Charleston-massacre-suspect-says-went-edge-unrequited-love-started-dating-black-man.html

oh f*ck off with the indirects if want to call me out i will debate anyone here on the morality of abrahamic religions. 

am not saying all religion is bad, but these religions were based on philosophies and a political social climate of 1000s of years ago.

forgiveness, love thy neighbor, treat others as you wish to be treated. GREAT, amazing, thank you religion.

“Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the cruel.” 

‘Take your son, your only son Isaac, whom you love, and go to the land of Moriah, and offer him there as a burnt-offering on one of the mountains that I shall show you.’

I know religion aint going anywhere but FFS can we at least get rid of the bad thinking.

ps who ever negged my comment and didn't refute anything i said is a coward. 

You have a yr.3 understanding of religion. I don't even know where to begin.

I know religion aint going anywhere but FFS can we at least get rid of the bad thinking.

The way you attack religions in your vicious style is how a satanist would do so

Religion is not for you if you are not a peaceful person which you are certainly not, that's why you can't relate

Maybe one day you will see why people become religious to lead a glorious life beholding the most high

oh come on "the way you attack religion with your evidence and logic, it's mean"

yeah because iceland and norway are just riddled with violent crime (most secular countries in europe)

your reasoning skills are deteriorating filling your mind with this crap. you have no demonstrable evidence for your claims. 

i bet if you left religion today you would automatically jump up 10 i.q points. come on thun we're all waiting.

You do realise that Norway and Iceland have Christian crosses on their flags. They might be secular now but they are still culturally christian. You're incredibly stupid to think that these countries just suddenly became the type of countries you like in a vacuum.

• Upvote 1

i just find it funny that these "christian" relatives of the dead 9 are so forgiving, all this "his in god's hands" is bullshit

nah, his in the white man's hands which makes sense coz what do black folks god look like?

*insert white jesus*

black ppl are the most persecuted but are probably the most forgiving

f*ck that!!!

kill one of mine and i'll strike back, even if they take me out at least they'll think twice next time

sometimes u just need to plant the seed

/

i wish these thugs/road guys start shooting feds, bet they'll start changing their ways

You're a primitive human being. Go and live in countries where honour killing is embedded in a society's moral code. Would you like to be held responsible for what your father, or brother, or cousin did? Because that's the type of world you want to live in.

• Downvote 3

I know religion aint going anywhere but FFS can we at least get rid of the bad thinking.

ps who ever negged my comment and didn't refute anything i said is a coward. 

You have a yr.3 understanding of religion. I don't even know where to begin.

Guy's an idiot. Good point about Christian culture in Iceland/Norway.

You do realise that Norway and Iceland have Christian crosses on their flags. They might be secular now but they are still culturally christian. You're incredibly stupid to think that these countries just suddenly became the type of countries you like in a vacuum.

Besides we all know what these scandinavian countries were like before christianity reached their shores. 

And we all know what happens in countries that attempt to aggressively expunge religion from their societies. I'm sure you would have loved to live in Post-revolutionary France, the USSR, Communist China, Cambodia under Pol Pot. 

Your view that the world will become a better place without religion is absurd when one considers the historical facts.

• Upvote 1

lol aww did i hurt your feelings? you forgot its 2015 imagine we took the bible literally today what a shit hole?

this is how retarded religion can turn folks people saying they are actually against science ffs :lmao:  

there is a reason the most advanced countries get more secular as years go by.

and the more deprived countries are always the most religious. 

guys lets fight the urge to get emotional and throw insults and have a conversation. yeah?

• Downvote 1

Besides we all know what these scandinavian countries were like before christianity reached their shores. 

And we all know what happens in countries that attempt to aggressively expunge religion from their societies. I'm sure you would have loved to live in Post-revolutionary France, the USSR, Communist China, Cambodia under Pol Pot. 

Your view that the world will become a better place without religion is absurd when one considers the historical facts.

Bro go back and read everything i said

christianity islam buddhism judaism were great at a time. when we killing each other with stones and sleeping with our sisters. great but that was 1000s of years ago. but guess what some of that enlightenment came with a bunch of sh*t that didn't make sense. but we are all grown up now we have a good grasp of what is bad and what is good. that's why the bible and quran ain't the law and we made our own laws through government.

And even today's laws are under scrutiny but that's the whole point of forever advancement, evolution of ethics and further moral enlightenment. 

religion aint going anywhere but it will definitely change under the force of logic and evidence it always has and always will.

lol aww did i hurt your feelings? you forgot its 2015 imagine we took the bible literally today what a sh*t hole?

this is how retarded religion can turn folks people saying they are actually against science ffs :lmao:  

there is a reason the most advanced countries get more secular as years go by.

and the more deprived countries are always the most religious. 

guys lets fight the urge to get emotional and throw insults and have a conversation. yeah?

I rarely argue with people who can't be bothered to capitalize. It implies laziness and a disengaged mind. You on the bus typing furiously? I'm kicked back with my thinking cap on, what's good?

The reason more advanced countries become more secular is because humans become obsessed with being 'human' and forget their place on the earth. This story repeats itself throughout history. Nature wins, be it our environment or our own inner nature - that is, ultimately, self-destructive.

That sort of thinking usually results in some inner feeling of 'collective greatness' - i.e. thinking that the mind you have is capable of creating what other, arguably greater minds have created, or conceived. This is a fallacy.

Answer me this - what have YOU contributed to mankind? What inventions do you have to your name? You're no different to me, realizing things that people long before us have realized, using words that were uttered and written before we were born.

What have you contributed that is original? Humans love to take credit for ANOTHER human's achievement.

What have you done for humankind, lately bro? What advances can you take credit for? You're a bandwagonist.

Bro go back and read everything i said

christianity islam buddhism judaism were great at a time. when we killing each other with stones and sleeping with our sisters. great but that was 1000s of years ago. but guess what some of that enlightenment came with a bunch of sh*t that didn't make sense. but we are all grown up now we have a good grasp of what is bad and what is good. that's why the bible and quran ain't the law and we made our own laws through government.

And even today's laws are under scrutiny but that's the whole point of forever advancement, evolution of ethics and further moral enlightenment. 

religion aint going anywhere but it will definitely change under the force of logic and evidence it always has and always will.

This is some proper Jenga logic.

You can't just pull out the foundations of modernity and discard them. They're inextricably linked to any notions you could conceive as being advanced.

Remember we were hunter gatherers, ennit.

Just gonna leave this here:

On the Probability of Nuclear War Martin E. Hellman

Hiram Maxim, the inventor of the machine gun, declared, "Only a general who was a barbarian would send his men to certain death against the concentrated power of my new gun." But send them they did. In World War One, the machine gun often mowed down tens of thousands of men in a single day.

Orville Wright saw a similar vision: "When my brother and I built and flew the first man-carrying flying machine, we thought we were introducing into the world an invention that would make further wars practically impossible." Far from ending war, however, the airplane increased the ability to maim and kill. In firebombing raids on London, Hamburg and Tokyo the airplane wrought previously unimaginable levels of destruction. In a single night, March 9, 1945, 25 percent of Tokyo was destroyed, 80,000 people were killed, and over 1 million left homeless.

History shows the folly in hoping that each new, more destructive weapon will not be used. And yet we dare to hope that this time it will be different. We and the Soviets have amassed a combined arsenal of 50,000 nuclear weapons, equivalent in destructive force to some 6,000 World War II’s, capable of reaching their targets in a matter of minutes, and able to destroy every major city in the world. All in the belief that they will never be used.

But unless we make a radical shift in our thinking about war, this time will be no different. On our current path, nuclear war is inevitable.

The inevitability concept can best be understood by analogy to finance. It does not make sense to talk of an interest rate as being high or low, for example 50 percent or 1 percent, without comparing it to specific period of time. An interest rate of 50 percent per year is high. An interest rate of 50 percent per century is low. And the low interest rate of 1 percent per year builds up to a much larger interest rate, say 100 percent, when compounded over a sufficiently long time.

In the same way, it does not make sense to talk about the probability of nuclear war being high or low -- for example 10 percent versus 1 percent -- without comparing it to a specific period of time -- for example, 10 percent per decade or 1 percent per year.

Having gotten the units right, we might argue whether the probability of nuclear war per year was high or low. But it would make no real difference. If the probability is 10 percent per year, then we expect the holocaust to come in about 10 years. If it is 1 percent per year, then we expect it in about 100 years.

The lower probability per year changes the time frame until we expect civilization to be destroyed, but it does not change the inevitability of the ruin. In either scenario, nuclear war is 100 percent certain to occur.

This pair of examples brings out a critically important point. Our only survival strategy is to continuously reduce the probability, driving it ever closer to zero. In contrast, our current policies are like repeatedly playing Russian roulette with more and more bullets in the chambers.

We have pulled the trigger in this macabre game more often than is imagined. Each action on our current path has some chance of triggering the final global war. And if we keep pulling the trigger, the gun will inevitably go off. Each "small" war -- in Iran, or Iraq, or Vietnam, or Afghanistan -- is pulling the trigger; each threat of the use of violence -- as in the Cuban missile crisis -- is pulling the trigger; each day that goes by in which a missile or computer can fail is pulling the trigger.

The only way to survive Russian roulette is to stop playing. The only way to survive nuclear roulette is to move beyond war in the same sense that the civilized world has moved beyond human sacrifice and slavery.

When it was merely moral and desirable, it might have been impossible to beat swords into plowshares. Today, it is necessary for survival.

Gen. Douglas MacArthur said in his 1961 address to the Philippines Congress: "You will say at once that, although the abolition of war has been the dream of man for centuries, every proposition to that end has been promptly discarded as impossible and fantastic. But that was before the science of the past decade made mass destruction a reality. The argument then was along spiritual and moral lines, and lost. But now the tremendous evolution of nuclear and other potentials of destruction has suddenly taken the problem away from its primary consideration as a moral and spiritual question and brought it abreast of scientific realism."

There is potential for this to be the best of times or the end of time, depending on which direction we take at this critical juncture in human evolution. Technology has given a new, global meaning to the Biblical injunction: "I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse; therefore choose life, that you and your descendants may live."

To avoid extinction, we must take action to shift from an old mode of thinking which justifies war as necessary for survival to a new mode of thinking which recognizes war as the ultimate threat to survival.

"The reason more advanced countries become more secular is because humans become obsessed with being 'human' and forget their place on the earth. This story repeats itself throughout history. Nature wins, be it our environment or our own inner nature - that is, ultimately, self-destructive."

I kind of agree with you here but these current theocratic idea are not the answer. And this definitely does not exonerate religion from ever being criticised. the lack of criticism against islam is the reason it's last in the race of moral excellence.

Christianity through science and secular activism has constantly had to compromise its ideology to meet modern moral requirements. This periodic reformation is the best possible form of religion.  

"The reason more advanced countries become more secular is because humans become obsessed with being 'human' and forget their place on the earth. This story repeats itself throughout history. Nature wins, be it our environment or our own inner nature - that is, ultimately, self-destructive."

I kind of agree with you here but these current theocratic idea are not the answer. And this definitely does not exonerate religion from ever being criticised. the lack of criticism against islam is the reason it's last in the race of moral excellence.

Christianity through science and secular activism has constantly had to compromise its ideology to meet modern moral requirements. This periodic reformation is the best possible form of religion.  

Well if you 'kind of agree' (and respect for conceding that bit) then you have to understand that 'secularism' and the pursuit of secular scientific/military goals is really, really not the answer and the more time we waste critiquing religion, the less time we have to see the fucking massive nuclear iceberg humanity is heading toward - thanks to global politics.

I couldn't have imagined you'd even concede that given your sweet mocking line about Christians.