Vegan Gang

Anderson

Donny cooked up a spicy bean goulash tonight. Was decent.

Week 1 complete mofuckaaaas

Kinda crazy. Would never have beleived id do this considering ive eaten chicken pretty much every day for the past 2 years. Starting to struggle for variety and ideas now though, mainly for daytime snacking and breakfast, but I know its just cos I havent researched enough options.

Had so much abuse and annoying questions about why am i doing it etc etc. Been the worst part about it tbh.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I tried quorn for the first time in yeaaars. Never used to eat it as i found it too salty. 

I had the fillet pieces. Was nice, mixed it in with the lentil curry i has left over for lunch

Kinda taste like chicken. Mixed in the curry u cant really tell

I remember my little sister going veggie one time bought loads of Quorn stuff. She failed.

Anyway Donny try make Spag Bol one time using one of the leftover Quirn minces on a sly. Could taste the difference mad rubbery.

"Donny what is this?"

"...Its mince ???"

"Dont lie this tastes nasty"

"Oh thanks for the appreciation of my working hard then coming home to Cook dinner for you lot"

"Sorry it justvtastes weird that's all"

*Force eats in silence*

When I see the Quorn box in the bin kmt. Coulda boxed her loool.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2017 at 11:22 AM, Bruno Di Gradi said:

Best milk alternative with least additives thats NOT soya?

oats milk is the one, love this shit

213816-oatly-oat-drink-with-calcium.jpg

/

to those drinking alpro almond milk or any other milks etc, please read the label coz you will be shocked as to what is actually in there

usually the percentage of almond, soy etc is VERY LOW.

8 hours ago, Incumbent said:

to those drinking alpro almond milk or any other milks etc, please read the label coz you will be shocked as to what is actually in there

Just mainly water aint it? Seems cool to me.

/

Done over 2 weeks now. Although accidently ate some veggie sausages which were non vegan cos i wasnt paying attention properly when reading ingredients.

I meed to find something that resembles meat though sharpish. Mushrooms are doing the job for now. Made a choong mushroom stroganoff the other night.

not sure if it's already been said but quorn and linda mcartney products i've found are nice

you'll have to try different ones to find the ones you like, when i first started my journey i just bought one bag of all the different "meat" products and had a buffet, some i liked and some i didn't

love these ones:

USA-meatless-chicken-patties.jpg?fm=jpg&

Quorn-Meat-Free-Chicken-Fillets.png

l_quorn%20sausages_.jpg

Linda has similar ones too and some are nicer imo but it's all about preference, some prefer supermarket versions, some quorn and some linda and some like unknown/low key manufactures

Also...so nice. Baldwins used to do em on walworth road

fryg162c.jpg?w=240&h=205

also i used to work somewhere that hsd these really delicious mushroom an taragon sausages. Cant find them anywhere tho

Veet+Satay+Package.JPG

This was also verrry nice and verrry realistic. Longdan supermarket used to sell them on walworth road

Everything i like always stops sellin

But the woman in Baldwin's said they are happy to order products in

How can i forget. Tival best but sainsbury version is acceptable

279283b.jpg

I dont boil them i fry them an maybe cook down with some cabbage

3 minutes ago, Trap God said:

No point being vegan if it's not about the planet and you're gonna eat all that processed crap tbf

Have you been through the food suggestions in here? Has anyone said they eat this stuff erryday?

People can be vegan for whatever the hell reason they like an if it ain ur choice y are you even speaking

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Grafter said:

Have you been through the food suggestions in here? Has anyone said they eat this stuff erryday?

People can be vegan for whatever the hell reason they like an if it ain ur choice y are you even speaking

Look smaddy I like you I honestly do and my post wasnt solely directed at you so I'm gonna refrain from wanton fuckry

I understand that it may be hard to take plant based food advice from a rare steak eating savage

But the fact is

Regardless of whether its my choice or not, at BEST you man are in here recommending products that contain egg to a new vegan thats looking for options on his journey

If youre gonna give people information give them accurate info based on their needs or its best you dont even talk cos your telling people to grab products that arent vegan in a vegan topic 

Shit makes as much sense as me coming in here babbling about wagyu and duck fat chips

That wasnt what y

12 minutes ago, Trap God said:

Look smaddy I like you I honestly do and my post wasnt solely directed at you so I'm gonna refrain from wanton fuckry

I understand that it may be hard to take plant based food advice from a rare steak eating savage

But the fact is

Regardless of whether its my choice or not, at BEST you man are in here recommending products that contain egg to a new vegan thats looking for options on his journey

If youre gonna give people information give them accurate info based on their needs or its best you dont even talk cos your telling people to grab products that arent vegan in a vegan topic 

Shit makes as much sense as me coming in here babbling about wagyu and duck fat chips

You weren't saying none of that initially. Ur issue was that it's all processed. Now u wanna take a different tac instead of jus not replyin.

I'm not even vegan jus eat a largely plant based diet which includes occasionally eating these type of products. i asked have you been through the suggestions? My initial suggestions are non processed options but instead of lookin bk you start researchin my latest post.

Good for you. Well done. The guy can read the back of the products himself if he likes an make his own choices. 

You came wadin in here as if people are advising him to eat process products everyday. An that wasn't the case. This isn't a topic for you to give advice 

On 23/08/2017 at 1:48 PM, Incumbent said:

oats milk is the one, love this shit

213816-oatly-oat-drink-with-calcium.jpg

/

just as the %age of oats as well. but youre right about the almond milk.. what we do at home is buy almonds from abroad where its cheaper and grind it with water, a but of salt and some sugar if you want.. you can make your own almond milk as you can also make your own oat milk

• Like 1