2017/18 Hot Summer

54 minutes ago, VENOM said:

i like how you said something about peoples opinions, then make wild statements like this without posting any facts. You can claim that my years of experience within health and education psychology count for nothing because you type shit on a keyboard in your bedroom,.that's fine. I don't post to get likes but I hate ignorance or someone just posting shit for the sake of it because that's in their head.

the most disruptive students don't pass the 11+ exams? WTF!  first of all.. Who told you that all private or selective/independent schools require the 11+? That in itself shows you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Second, lets take the schools that do require an 11+ exam, what do you define as "disruptive" that would prevent them from taking an exam?  Are you saying a bright Kid with emotional issues cannot pass an exam? That's just stupid, and factually its nonsense as I personally know of cases where extremely 'disruptive' kids passed their 11+ and did well at interviews to get into a good school and have been kicked out from school to school but still can pass exams with minimal prep.  Being disruptive in some cases doesn't affect the child's Academic intelligence and they do well academically.  

3rd, private or /independent or selective schools do have teaching assistants. the difference which again shows your absolute zero knowledge of what you're talking about. the difference between a teaching assistant at a lot of state schools and the better funded schools is that the TA quality is much higher, they are good graduates in the subject area some of whom want to go on to get a QTS themselves OR prefer to use their skills in the subject to teach and support teachers and are comfortable with the pay which is again higher at such schools.

how you can claim that a private school doesn't have a TA is just stupid. The reason why a TA at a state school is just there because of troublesome children is the fault of the school who cannot invest in a proper TA and USES them to support troublesome kids, a TA with even less trauma and learning understanding than the teacher. You may have a budding engineer be a TA at a school in Physics who has taught for many years. a TA at a posh school is not looked down on as they are in many state schools.

for example, here is an advert for a TA in French at Harrow school https://www.harrowschool.org.uk/Part-time-French-Assistant?returnUrl=/Work-at-Harrow no QTS.

don't post fraff just because you have an opinion.

I said "and interview process". My goodness.

I was specifically talkin about behaviour support TAs 

Of course there will be language TAs and lab technicians. The job u posted requires the person to TEACH. Lmao

Also I never said anything about your years of experience but I am shocked at the lack of comprehension skills you have gained in this time

So much waffle and u said nothing

behaviour support TA? what is that.. a learning mentor? a learning mentor SHOULD be a TA, LEA schools give it a different name so they can give them different pay, usually a lot less than a TA, and just another 'job' created by the govt to put a small plaster on a big wound. Ideally a learning mentor should know about teaching, because that's how you support a child being TAUGHT. an assistant teacher or teaching coordinator as called in some schools is doing what a learning mentor should do in a private school.  

the job I posted required the TA to support the students to prepare for GCSEs. you are just showing you have only an idea of one side of the discussion which is about state schools, an ideal TA should do some amount of teaching.

You said " and interview process"  yes. how does that make your invalid point any more valid? when I replied I was fully aware that the 11+ exam is in conjunction with THE INTERVIEW PROCESS! and it doesn't change a thing I said or what I asked you about, questions which you have not responded to.

there are classroom TAs in private schools and not just lab technicians and language TAs. I posted two examples and here are others, from Highgate school, also note that they also posted that there are other numerous academic support staff (not listed) that are classroom support. the fact that you even claim there are no learning mentors (or doing what a learning mentor does) in a private school shows your lack of understanding. As if because a child comes from a family that can afford private school this means the child cannot be on the autistic spectrum, have ADHD, Aspergers syndrome or the many other social/mental health challenges children can have. They cant be from parents that are going through a bitter divorce that will affect them at school, they cant have suffered a severe loss in their family that could trigger significant issues in school. I wont bother with you when you're just talking fraff and still trying to defend your stupidity.

you say i'm waffling because you're clueless. but its ok, as you said earlier,. people are so entitled to their opinions regardless of how wrong it is, they must air it.

Support Staff at Highgate school.

MRS HELEN BOGGI (Administration Assistant, part-time)
MISS SKEVOULLA DEMETRIOU NVQ Level 3 in Early Years Childcare and Education (Early Years Practitioner)         
MRS TONNETTE GAVAGHAN (Teaching Assistant and Librarian, part-time)  
MRS PAOLA GUARIGLIA MSc (University of Rome) (Teaching Assistant, part-time)         
MRS RAISSA HARVEY NVQ Level 3 in Early Years Children’s Care, Learning & Development, ARCM
 (Early Years Practitioner / Teaching Assistant, part-time)          
MRS KAREN JAROCKI NVQ Level 3 in Early Years Childcare and Education, Montessori Assistant's Certificate
 (Early Years Practitioner)
MRS SARAH LEMBERG BSc (University of Leeds), PGCE (Institute of Education) (Early Years Practitioner, part-time)
MRS MELANIE LIGHT (The Maria Montessori Training Organisation), MSc (University of London) (Teaching Assistant, p/t)
MRS JANICE LOUGH (PA to the Principal and School Secretary)
MISS SAMANTHA McCARTHY NVQ Level 3 in Childcare & Young People’s Development (Early Years Practitioner)  
MRS NICOLA RUDMAN BA (Bournemouth University), BSc (The Open University) (Teaching Assistant, part-time)       
MRS SARAH SCHUMAN BA (Thames Valley University), NNEB (Early Years Practitioner, part-time)
MRS LORRAINE WELLS BA (University of Strathclyde) (Teaching Assistant, part-time)

• Downvote 2

That was all pointless what you did there

Still haven't explained the support system in private schools for behaviourally disruptive children

You kno what when i first asked the question i was generally interested because I wanted to kno if things had developed

Please dont put words into my mouth

• Downvote 2

no it wasn't pointless, it appears pointless because your are clueless.

i explained the pastoral care system of better trained teachers, more invested into professional development learning about trauma and education, having more qualified staff to support a child holitically, smaller class sizes, more extra curricular activities, all of which are the ways of better supporting disruptive children, you say 'behaviourally disruptive children' as if trying to emphasise a difference that's why i asked you to define disruptive. or are there other types of classroom disruption from pupils?

classroom disruption (from pupils)  is always behavioural. The state schools just have a larger concentration of the issues that fuel disruption and yet the least amount of resources to deal with it, whilst a private or better funded school would have less of those issues, and more resources to deal with it, and its not just dealt with by 'being strict' .

On 22/05/2018 at 6:00 PM, Grafter said:

Thats how u kno this man is touched

Never owned cords in my life b an they weren't quite wallabies or brown, close tho

Maybe you're lonely, i get that. Doesn't mean u have to be nasty or polemic what ever u wanna call it

See u with ur second hand crep that u keep tryin to explain, ur house is glass love.

Have a nice evening and i hope that this loneliness doesn't persist. Honest to God

k03gg3.jpg

for the culture

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, Elementalism said:

Bruv we´re big men. At some point the identity politics haffi get dash weh.

From time black people (and whites) are screaming at the police to stop gun crime but casually bopping their head to Headie, Moscow, 410, whoever - as if people aren´t dying behind the bars.  The term ´more than music´applies as always, hip-hop is an artform which places authenticity above everything else.

We can´t have it both ways. Linking grime to crime was a joke, grime was juvenile and was understood by the middle class journos who thought Dizzee was amazing, so the feathers never stuck. Drill is another beast completely. These kids, especially the ones who rap about dead opps, are provoking shit. I can´t imagine some rapper with a fanbase bragging about smoking or stabbing my friend or family member - I would be plotting with an Uzi outside venues.

My bro got stabbed by a close friend of ours (always the way) and I can´t imagine this kid having the gall to rap about what the shit poking he did. I didn´t need provocation, I wanted revenge for a decade. I´d be locked in Broadmoor if Drill was a thing then.

If the police can use drill to enhance their intelligence and save lives, I don´t give a fuck. Call me a fed, I´ll hold that. If stop and searches save lives, I´ll take it. If a Balaclava Ban comes in, I´ll hold it too. Something needs to be done because these kids are comparing their badness to global levels of badness thanks to the internet.Our concept of badness was mad local until the ´00s. Migration patterns and the internet changed that.

Don't agree with a lot of what you said but i'll keep it brief regardless 

In reality people arent dying behind the bars like that

There are ongoing issues between groups of young men from particular areas that in the vast majority of cases predate the criminal activity of the rappers you're talking about

Take the music away the murders will still happen although I do think something needs to be done to stop these little shits spouting wanton fuckry about dead people on tunes for clout tokens

• Like 1

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/london-gang-members-to-be-treated-like-terror-suspects-under-new-measures-to-tackle-violent-crime-a3850626.html

London gang members 'to be treated like terror suspects' under new measures to tackle violent crime

London gang members are to be treated like terrorism suspects in a bid to stop a crime wave said to be encouraged by “violent” music videos on YouTube, according to reports.

Detectives will be given new powers to clamp down those who “glamourise” knife and gun violence through online videos in a move that comes after a rise in violent crime across the UK.

Commander Stokley said the new measures will mean officers no longer needed to prove videos and social media posts were linked to specific acts of violence to secure a conviction for incitement to violence.

He told the newspaper: “There isn’t specific legislation, and clearly we can’t use terrorism legislation [but] in consultation with the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS), we have found some existing legislation which we are going to use”.

It’s a slippery slope if you think this will be limited to “drill” music.

To the government, we all look the same. 

He told the newspaper: “There isn’t specific legislation, and clearly we can’t use terrorism legislation [but] in consultation with the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS), we have found some existing legislation which we are going to use”

To me that sounds like" we are going to make shit up as we go"

Lol definitely a slippery slope. This is what happens when problems aren't dealt with internally or at the source and you march in the street begging the "government" or "Sadiq Khan" to sort shit out. Police are just gonna start having all these kids up (and a few of us man as collateral) while collecting overtime. 

^

Potentially but there is only so much these yutes can rap about if all there environment consists of is council estates. Albeit there is a much better way of rapping about certain lifestyles than what has been popular since the 90s, reducing the glorification of black death/incarceration will help the culture.

A lot of rappers have been saying for years they wanted to be more conscious but since its seen as boring by the masses....

Just now, Realone2016 said:

^

Potentially but there is only so much these yutes can rap about if all there environment consists of is council estates. Albeit there is a much better way of rapping about certain lifestyles than what has been popular since the 90s, reducing the glorification of black death/incarceration will help the culture.

A lot of rappers have been saying for years they wanted to be more conscious but since its seen as boring by the masses....

Who said that?

20 hours ago, Meticulous said:

true stories

everyones been rapping with no filter for the longest though whether gang related or otherwise

might push these music man to be more creative in their approach

trust, i dont think these man have got much talent left mind u

but i like this 1

On ‎30‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 10:28 AM, Drift said:

Lol definitely a slippery slope. This is what happens when problems aren't dealt with internally or at the source and you march in the street begging the "government" or "Sadiq Khan" to sort shit out. Police are just gonna start having all these kids up (and a few of us man as collateral) while collecting overtime. 

I agree with this. when people do not understand the environment they are in and cant sort themselves out this will be the result. people talking about no youthclubs...na.. how about his father first.

however, even for the average joe blogs that will be pleased at this solution because they believe that mandem's problems are far removed from them will be in for a shock when the same laws that become enforced are used against them, and this will happen soon enough. no thun.