New car on finance

Jm0nEy

Imho I don't see the point.Its your first car.From my experience getting a car on finance is usually reserved for that DREAM car further down the line.You could easily just work, stack some P and buy a decent first car.Car prices are mad cheap nowadays too. Don't be too hasty.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No average person can afford to buy a nice car outright (bar criminals/inheritance etc)If you dont earn alot of money, save up and buy a £6,000 54 plate car.If you can COMFORTABLY afford £150-£300 a month, get finance and impress your friends with your nice car.OH AND YES, i do own one.

based on 3 years with a new car that you hand back & 3 years with an older car that say you end up reselling for like £500 if your lucky?new car = 36 x £300 =£3900 no tax ,no mot no repair bills total £3900old car £2k to buy, 3 x yearly road tax (3 x £175= £475), 3 x mot tests (£60 ish x 3 = £180) general estimated repairs circa £700 over 3 years ? total = £3355imo you waste just as much money on an old car tbh and the figures above are more than realistic in fact if you reduced the ew car payments to like £150 i( i was just using mine as an example) you would actually end up BETTER off leasing/financing a new car!
Errr what! what kind of figures are these.are you forgetting interest on finance? initial deposit.It's a f*ck*ng joke. dont waste your time on finance you'll get raped. READ THIS AND LOOK AT THE EXAMPLE OF PEOPLE GETTIN FINANCE AND GETTIN ROBBED SILLY.http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18019506
aklaalkalkslkLAKSL10 GRAND ON A CLIO 1.2ew]#f]we;g];
Im paying alot but im on the credit ladder now finally after a huge struggle because of fraudsters!Im happy!
pmsl. Seems like the guys got a history of gettin bumped. Guys 19 as well/Never get anything let alone a car on finance. Bound to get ripped
lol oh sh*t, i feel for this guy

No average person can afford to buy a nice car outright (bar criminals/inheritance etc)If you dont earn alot of money, save up and buy a £6,000 54 plate car.If you can COMFORTABLY afford £150-£300 a month, get finance and impress your friends with your nice car.OH AND YES, i do own one.
People can still save 15gs to then spend on there car.

Cars aren't cheap either way regardless if bought or least the running and insurance still mounts up. The insurance i wouldnt imagine to be any cheaper if its lease car or a bought car?But you pay out what ever it is a month on that car, plus petrol plus insurance, and at the end of the two years what do you have to show when they take the car back? After two years of a newly bought car i still have the car i bought at the begingin in four years yes i have maintance and repair costs but when the repairs are done i still have a car.I do get what your saying Messy and for some people leasing is the best option because they other wise couldnt afford a car.
Please dont get it twisted, i had the 20k to spend on a car real talk due to redundancy in novemberhowever the line of work which i work means that when i do return to work it will be with a company car therefore i did not want to buy a car.the point im trying to make is yes you have your car but when you buy a car on finance or outright a new car you immediately lose around 2-3k as soon as it comes off of the forecourt.if you sell the car that you bought outright after 3 years you will loose around £5k in depriciation etcif you give back the car that you have on finance after 3 years you have made the monthly payments AND you probably owe them some more with incurred interestlease a car for 3 years & i will have spent over 3k which is less than paying finance for 3 years and yet it will be more profitable in my pocket then any of the above as i would not have stumped a huge deposityes you bought your car but you stumped out the initial purchase of say £9k? then four years later your still paying out on it with services,repairs ,if you sell your car today you would make like £5k? minus the 3k you spent out on services tax and mot which means you are left with £2k which overall means you have wasted 7k!after 3years ive spent £3900do the math
15 gs on my golfits four years old and retails at around 9 - 10 k so its 5 gs i have lost but anybody who purchases a new car looses money when they go to sell it even if its one day old lol. My point is you might look at it as 2 odd grand that i have wasted on repairs but the way i look at it is leaseing a car = wasting 3gs at the end of it nothing to show for the money.waste 3gs in the same years its taken u to have ur car on lease but i still own my own car.Its what people prefer yes but most people know that leasing cars is a mugs game you spend this money and have nothing to show for it in the coming years.After paying the 15gs on my car i left the car shop owning a car. in the three years i have spent nothing in repairs to my car what so ever, my insurance is decent cause of my age and no claims and the lenght of time i been driving. so on the fourth year i have several things recommened to do - not things that had to be done so basically if i hadnt decided to get them done my service would have just been the 150 odd that it was meaning in four years all i had spent was 157. in three years youve spend 3900 and once they take ur car away u have nothing to show for it.Car leasing is like smoking cigarettes.

LOL Messy your logic and numbers are appalling for someone of your age.What cars do you know that are worth £500 after 3 years? Another thing if you are buying a new car, you arent going to be spending that much on repairs etc. for one it doesnt need MOT for a good couple of years and the fact its new means it SHOULD stand up to most things.The final point you made which is ridiculous is holding a new car for 4 years. most people with any sense will buy the car and hold it for like 2 years and then add a grand and get a car one year newer. Nobody just holds a car from new until its barely worth anything.
Not always true people who have invested money in mods on there car wont nes sell it after four years. I know with my car is four years old but i can still get 10 gs for it been offered 12 by several ppl but i dont want to sell. Plus its my run around car i have my car for towing my beasty.

15 gs on my golfits four years old and retails at around 9 - 10 k so its 5 gs i have lost but anybody who purchases a new car looses money when they go to sell it even if its one day old lol. My point is you might look at it as 2 odd grand that i have wasted on repairs but the way i look at it is leaseing a car = wasting 3gs at the end of it nothing to show for the money.waste 3gs in the same years its taken u to have ur car on lease but i still own my own car.Its what people prefer yes but most people know that leasing cars is a mugs game you spend this money and have nothing to show for it in the coming years.After paying the 15gs on my car i left the car shop owning a car. in the three years i have spent nothing in repairs to my car what so ever, my insurance is decent cause of my age and no claims and the lenght of time i been driving. so on the fourth year i have several things recommened to do - not things that had to be done so basically if i hadnt decided to get them done my service would have just been the 150 odd that it was meaning in four years all i had spent was 157. in three years youve spend 3900 and once they take ur car away u have nothing to show for it.Car leasing is like smoking cigarettes.
thats all very interesting but lets break it down to bare essential monetry termsok this is based on you selling your car and me handing it back ....both of us endind up with no car ok...you£15k initial purchase£3k repairs£475 car tax£157 servicetotal £18300if you sell it you say you recieve £9k that means you have in total lost approx £9k!!me£0 initial purchase£0 repairs£0 service£0 car tax£300 monthly payments x 36total £3900if i hand it back i have spent a total of £3900i would have wasted £3900you would have wasted £9000that means you have wasted over £5000 more than meyou see where im coming from now??you may have a car but you literally have chucked £9k away over the course of 3 years...
but after wasting 9gs i still own it you wasted 3gs and have nothing to show for it. Sex Pistol - No, i bought my car straight out.

anYONE WANNA BUY A golf gti black 1.8 5 door full service n mot history nearly 140,000 on clock...nothing wrong with it.....£1,250 because it loooks stunnin and drive smooth.....
:blink: You'll be lucky if anyone sees that and still decides to buy it.

Guest Esquilax

how considerably less is the maintenance on an electric car, assuming that it is less?cuz all this M.O.T and repairs and sh*t that ive seen parents/ sibling endure is not for me, i rly cant be f*cked with all that

me£0 initial purchase£0 repairs£0 service£0 car tax£300 monthly payments x 36total £3900if i hand it back i have spent a total of £3900i would have wasted £3900you would have wasted £9000that means you have wasted over £5000 more than meyou see where im coming from now??you may have a car but you literally have chucked £9k away over the course of 3 years...[/b]
am i the only one that has clocked36 monthly payments of £300is £10800not £3900. where is £3900 coming from????

anYONE WANNA BUY A golf gti black 1.8 5 door full service n mot history nearly 140,000 on clock...nothing wrong with it.....£1,250 because it loooks stunnin and drive smooth.....
:blink: You'll be lucky if anyone sees that and still decides to buy it.
bare ex company cars (vw, bmw's) have that kinda milage on them and get sold regular. no problems

lol id actually clocked myself thats why i deleted my original posti stand corrected i like to waste money it appearsslightly in my defence my car is worth £23k which is 8k More than in my example if i had leased the equiivelent of a 15k car the payments would be around £200 per month