Are you proud to be British?

kerser

Pride is a sense of achievement, that you've done well

But being proud isn't only restricted to yourself, you can be proud of others achievements.

Being proud of people in your family is pretty natural, it's not the same as being proud of a random black man because he innovated open heart surgery.

Even then, if as a community you have suffered similar circumstances then there is an argument you can feel proud of somebody you have no connection to.

That's all it is, one big genealogical lottery

The fact I happen to have the ethnicity I do is by chance of course, but it doesn't change the fact that I have this ethnicity and the history that goes with it.

In an ideal world everybody would think like you because then my grandparents wouldn't have had to put up with the shit they did when they came to this country.

As of now however this ideal homogeneous world you speak of doesn't exist, maybe in the future.

• Upvote 2

certain guys are basically saying forget your history, people, culture and what you see everyday in the mirror

just be content with your red passport and being a subject of the queen, get down to the pub and get stuck in society even tho they would laugh when u say cam on engerlarrnnn

life as diaspora is f*ck*ng confusing and pl saying just get on with it and have no idea should keep quiet

when i step outside im in london, when i come home i might aswell be in nigeria. f*ck pride see sig

• Upvote 9

the ironic thing is anyone here who is saying they are not proud to be british etc etc

when you go abroad apart from your parents home country(in fact even this can be argued) you say u are from london or english with pride.

say i went miami and some thick sexy bitch said where you from am i saying ghana of course not

its not our fault tho remeber this multiculturalism shit is less than 50 years old

im sure our childrens children will be singing god save the king at the top of there voices

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

when you go abroad apart from your parents home country(in fact even this can be argued) you say u are from london or english with pride.

say i went miami and some thick sexy bitch said where you from am i saying ghana of course not

of course, then they will be mindf*cked cus your a walking paradox against all the disney films theyve watched and ask were ur really from

we have english accents, when u open ur mouth its snm

im sure our childrens children will be singing god save the king at the top of there voices

doubt it, certain caribs here are 3rd/4th generation and still say f*ck the queen although a few have been bountified

if the state of black people remain the same, why would they sing the anthem with a hungry belly

Pride is a sense of achievement, that you've done well

But being proud isn't only restricted to yourself, you can be proud of others achievements.

Being proud of people in your family is pretty natural, it's not the same as being proud of a random black man because he innovated open heart surgery.

Even then, if as a community you have suffered similar circumstances then there is an argument you can feel proud of somebody you have no connection to.

That's all it is, one big genealogical lottery

The fact I happen to have the ethnicity I do is by chance of course, but it doesn't change the fact that I have this ethnicity and the history that goes with it.

In an ideal world everybody would think like you because then my grandparents wouldn't have had to put up with the sh*t they did when they came to this country.

As of now however this ideal homogeneous world you speak of doesn't exist, maybe in the future.

As I said before, culture is a commodity, it's a tool, it's something you buy into, and it's unavoidable

Whole industries in this country are based on the commodity of culture, go to Tooting and see it first hand

What is cultural identity? How can you identify with a place that you may never have or may never even visit? Or a society whose structure and customs are completely foreign to you, the supposed foreigner? Because your parents are from there? Pretty lax if you ask me

I'm not arguing a point that people should be inclined one way or another, I don't care really. If you wanna rep Ghana and grew up in Edgware I couldn't give two shits, it just begs the question why

Your attachment to your ancestors experiences are purely sentimental, you feel for them, they're your family, you may not even know them too tough but f*ck it, it's blood

I think the pockets of family and family traditions and customs are stronger than any collective experiences n sh*t

That's just me talking from the privileged position I hold however

how come everyone keeps ducking me??

wheres your motherland?

when did you come to England?

Why did you come to England?

How can you respect yourself as a man living in a country, which you dont like, dont like it's history,culture etc etc??

or were you born here, educated here, given a job here, maybe claimed benefits from here, post in the clothes thread and trainers thread about sh*t you bought here, posted in the sports forum about the team you support here.... but hey nahh it aint your country is it???

lol yet us white lads are the ones against you :rolleyes:

the ironic thing is anyone here who is saying they are not proud to be british etc etc

its not our fault tho remeber this multiculturalism sh*t is less than 50 years old

Regional pride is a whole different thing though bro

When i go abroad i feel pride in saying i'm from London, same way Scouses can say that there Scouse not English.

I have regional pride in regards to the area i grew up in, but above all i still consider myself an African before i consider myself British or English.

wheres your motherland?

How can you respect yourself as a man living in a country, which you dont like, dont like it's history,culture etc etc??

or were you born here, educated here, given a job here, maybe claimed benefits from here, post in the clothes thread and trainers thread about sh*t you bought here, posted in the sports forum about the team you support here.... but hey nahh it aint your country is it???

As far as I'm concerned Britain owed me a living

Guest PROFIT MARGINS

I think the more races mix the less this will become an issue because u won't have loyalties/ties to just one country

I don't feel any more of an affiliation with either of my parents homelands over the uk tbh but if they were both from the same place maybe I would look at things a bit different

Anyway we all know what the future looks like..

84794196_1ffc979d41.jpg

wheres your motherland?

Terrible attitude to have

wheres your motherland?

Terrible attitude to have

Yeah?

Regional pride is a whole different thing though bro

When i go abroad i feel pride in saying i'm from London, same way Scouses can say that there Scouse not English.

I have regional pride in regards to the area i grew up in, but above all i still consider myself an African before i consider myself British or English.

Nail head

I'd never consider myself British as i werent born here and dont have a red passport etc.

/

Dunno whats wrong wit niggas these days

African lads finna cop an England Shirt

:/

• Downvote 1

lol if you would have said to me at the start of this topic who is gonna make the biggest facepalm comment I'd have put a chunk of change on Gambino, whenever there is a topic related to race and culture he comes into his own.

/

wheres your motherland?

It might just be me thinking it but it seems that you're entrenched in your views to the extent that it's almost pointless debating with you.

And a lack of national pride isn't restricted to ethnics, plenty of white people feel disenchanted with this country as well. Local pride is more prevalent than national pride.

/

The thing is the same people asking why some feel a connection with a land they weren't raised in that hasn't done anything for them, are often the same ones that take offence to people not feeling any sense of pride towards a woman with a crown they've never met, who's never done anything for them.

• Upvote 3

wheres your motherland?

1 Africa, Kenya/Uganda

2 1999

3 Parents lived and worked here

4 I do like England, offered me so many opportunities i prob wouldnt have, but like i said, i take take pride in something i didnt work for, i came as a kid so it was my parents work that put me here, they can take pride in that

Glad I dont have a shitty attitude of living in a country disliking it and wishing it to fail

Having the mentality that you will suck off this country is the same mentality those invaders had who pillaged lands back in the day so your becoming the same people as those you profess to hate

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1