Theodore........

Nah Blud I

Keown: "He hasn’t really cemented himself [in the team] yet, and I think it’s 10 years he’s been at the football club. You couldn’t really call him first choice."

Maybe his status would've different if he never got injured but still he's spent that amount of time at a club like Arsenal and other than his finishing there hasn't dramatically improved in other areas and he's still a 'straight lines' player.

Against a team playing a high line Walcott can be effective making diagonal runs in between the opposition's LB and LCB, getting on the end of through balls from Santi or Ozil but can you really afford to keep and give a payrise to a player that's only effective in one scenario.

/

Bolasie is a superior footballer but his end product isn't at the level it should be for someone as talented as he is. But then again if he spent the same amount of time at Arsenal and played with better players than guys like Murray and Chamakh maybe that wouldn't be the case.

/

Giroud, Alexis, Santi(if he's not playing in a deeper role), Ozil, Welbeck and Ox should all be ahead of Walcott in the pecking order for a place in the front 4 so you might as well cash in on him and invest the money in improving other areas.

It's getting PEAK for him right now.

I don't know if this is Wenger's way of showing him we don't need him or if we genuinely don't need him (I don't agree with this) and he just hasn't come on because of better options.

I thought he should have come on against Burnley. 

/

I don't see him getting a start in the FA Cup unless AW gonna go the Cup Squad rule.

Paul Merson thinks if Liverpool swap Raheem Sterling for Theo Walcott plus cash then it would be the best transfer of all time.

Sterling has caused controversy by turning down a recent £100,000-a-week contract offer at Anfield and has been linked with a move to Real Madrid and Manchester City.

He remains contracted to Liverpool until the summer of 2017 but Brendan Rodgers is adamant Sterling is going nowhere with both parties due to talk about the situation in the summer.

Meanwhile, Liverpool have been strongly linked with a move for out-of-favour Arsenal man Theo Walcott in the summer and Merson thinks it’s a deal that has serious potential.

Speaking ahead of Liverpool’s clash with Newcastle on Monday Night Football, Merson said: “If Theo Walcott goes to Liverpool, Raheem Sterling goes to Arsenal and Liverpool get some money, I think Liverpool have had the best deal ever.

“If he goes to Arsenal, will he play? I don’t think he’s an Arsenal player. I don’t think he gets his head up or moves the ball quick enough.”

Merson also finds it “unbelievable” that Sterling is stalling on the big-money deal on the table and uses the example of Scott Sinclair leaving Swansea for Manchester City as a direct comparison.

“It’s unbelievable, Liverpool, one of the biggest clubs in the world are offering him £100,000-a-week and he’s turning it down... not for me,” he said.

“I think he’s going to struggle. The fans will be on his back very quickly. He should get his head down and take the money. He’s been badly advised. Actually, badly advised isn’t even the word – it’s worse than that.

“He’s 20 years old and has been offered £100,000-a-week. He’s not looking for his last move – he’s got another two moves left yet only if he fulfils his potential.

lmaooo merson is a joker

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...