The Official Manchester United Thread

Young £

What I said about macheda still rings true imo

Big strikers and italians too...usually don't get good til mid 20s

• Upvote 1

Apparently januzaj will let his contract run out and sign for city

As he hasn't been given a new one

• Downvote 1

Januzaj wants a guarantee that he'll get first team football and a pay rise that reflects his potential before he sings a new contract.

Which is understandable especially when you're on around £2.5k a week and you come off the bench and replace and outperform an average, 1 dimensional winger that's earning £120k a week.

• Upvote 2

Former Manchester United striker Teddy Sheringham believes his old club should have signed Mesut Ozil instead of Marouane Fellaini.

Ozil, who move to Arsenal in a club-record £42.5million deal on transfer deadline day, had an impressive debut for the Gunners against Sunderland on Saturday.

And Sheringham believes new Old Trafford boss David Moyes should have snapped up the former Real Madrid playmaker.

'Out of Fellaini and Ozil you would really want Ozil to be your playmaker,' Sheringham told Absolute Radio’s Ian Wright on the former Arsenal striker's Rock ‘N’ Roll Football Show.

'I think Fellaini is too similar in a way to Michael Carrick, but I love Michael Carrick as a player, he makes things tick.

'It makes you think, "where is Fellaini going to play?" If you spend £28m on someone you’d expect them to be playing.

However, Sheringham, whose best moment in a United shirt came in scoring the equaliser in the incredible 1999 Champions League final against Bayern Munich, does not envy Moyes' position as Sir Alex Ferguson's successor.

'I think David Moyes has got a tough job. To go in there and manage top players is hard.

'We won’t know how well he’s doing until they go a couple of games without winning and all of a sudden the pressure is on and then you’ve got to show your metal.

'At the moment things seem OK, but with a little bit of pressure we’ll see what he’s really made of.'

United and Moyes kick off their Champions League campaign against Bayer Leverkusen at Old Trafford on Tuesday night.

Former Manchester United striker Teddy Sheringham believes his old club should have signed Mesut Ozil instead of Marouane Fellaini.

Ozil, who move to Arsenal in a club-record £42.5million deal on transfer deadline day, had an impressive debut for the Gunners against Sunderland on Saturday.

And Sheringham believes new Old Trafford boss David Moyes should have snapped up the former Real Madrid playmaker.

'Out of Fellaini and Ozil you would really want Ozil to be your playmaker,' Sheringham told Absolute Radio’s Ian Wright on the former Arsenal striker's Rock ‘N’ Roll Football Show.

'I think Fellaini is too similar in a way to Michael Carrick, but I love Michael Carrick as a player, he makes things tick.

'It makes you think, "where is Fellaini going to play?" If you spend £28m on someone you’d expect them to be playing.

However, Sheringham, whose best moment in a United shirt came in scoring the equaliser in the incredible 1999 Champions League final against Bayern Munich, does not envy Moyes' position as Sir Alex Ferguson's successor.

'I think David Moyes has got a tough job. To go in there and manage top players is hard.

'We won’t know how well he’s doing until they go a couple of games without winning and all of a sudden the pressure is on and then you’ve got to show your metal.

'At the moment things seem OK, but with a little bit of pressure we’ll see what he’s really made of.'

United and Moyes kick off their Champions League campaign against Bayer Leverkusen at Old Trafford on Tuesday night.

should just went in and brought both

--------------------------------DG-----------------------

---------------------vidic-----------ferd-------------

---Rafa------------------------------------------------Evra--

----------------Carrick--------------------------

-----------------------------Fellani-------------

-----------------------------------------------

---------Nani/TV-----------------A.Young/Kaga------------

----------------------Rooney-------------------------------

-----------------------------------RVP-------------------

Basically width from full backs to squash the wingers inside and make pitch wider

Wingers cutting inside more

From what i saw of us on the weekend

Swear their was an analysis someone posted in pre-season saying thats what he was trying to do