Official ViP2 Book Club

Action Dan

I've never felt the Paulo Coelho hype. His books are tedious. Maybe it's a translation problem, but for me he's hugely overrated if millions of people worldwide are falling over in reverence for this fluff

If you liked Outliers I recommend The Black Swan by Nassim Nicholas Taleb, on top of Gladwell's other books ofc, all very interesting and readable

This arrived a week or so ago

2kpsgy.jpg

PG Wodehouse >>>>

what are his books about

also the black swan aswell

Guest WAVESURFER

I liked To Kill A Mockingbird. Can't really remember much of it, as it was about 10 years ago I read it. But yeah, I remember enjoying it.

/

Picked up 2 Gordon Legge books last week (The Shoe and In Between Talking About The Football)

Read about half of In Between... so far. I'm into it. Looking forward to reading The Shoe even more now.

Guest Triple XXX

cant lie, i find books boring

probably why im stupid

get audio books

i never had any concentration so i started off with this

bt now i can concentrate more i jus get regular books

I'm currently reading this short book recommended to me time ago but it was just one of those books I've never made time to read as short as it is.

Richest Man In Babylon by George S Clason.

richest_man.jpg

So far I think it's a gem of a read. It concisely and more importantly imo cements alot of the basic principles we all know within ourselves is needed to generate wealth but rarely do we follow through with those remedies.

/

I have just finished the Alchemist a week ago and like Super has already said, it's overrated imo too. Maybe the genius or goodness of the book got lost in translation.

I'm currently reading this short book recommended to me time ago but it was just one of those books I've never made time to read as short as it is.

Richest Man In Babylon by George S Clason.

richest_man.jpg

So far I think it's a gem of a read. It concisely and more importantly imo cements alot of the basic principles we all know within ourselves is needed to generate wealth but rarely do we follow through with those remedies.

/

I have just finished the Alchemist a week ago and like Super has already said, it's overrated imo too. Maybe the genius or goodness of the book got lost in translation.

richest man in babylon deserves to be a classic. yh it tells u stuff that pl that read these kind of books already know but i still read it twice.

im gonna read freakonomics next. blanked this book for too long

I've never felt the Paulo Coelho hype. His books are tedious. Maybe it's a translation problem, but for me he's hugely overrated if millions of people worldwide are falling over in reverence for this fluff

If you liked Outliers I recommend The Black Swan by Nassim Nicholas Taleb, on top of Gladwell's other books ofc, all very interesting and readable

This arrived a week or so ago

2kpsgy.jpg

PG Wodehouse >>>>

what are his books about

also the black swan aswell

Wodehouse was a comedy writer, legit contender for best ever. Those are a collection of the Jeeves and Wooster novels and short stories. Brilliantly funny.

The Black Swan is similar to Outliers in how they both examine unacknowledged factors impacting outcomes. Mainly its about randomness and uncertainty, and our incapacity to deal with both. Taleb, like Gladwell, is a polymath and brings a lot of different subjects and ideas together into very readable prose

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Triple XXX

downloaded The Lovely Bones couple days ago n today when i was in Folyes i found the book

gonna finish it n watch the film see what its sayin

about 70 pages in n its nice so far

Guest Triple XXX

also

can anyone name any books that turned into good films?

fairly recent please like in the last 10-15 years

ive gt a few on a list

little children, the time travellers wife, up in the air

also

can anyone name any books that turned into good films?

fairly recent please like in the last 10-15 years

No Country For Old Men by Cormac McCarthy

American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis

Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk

Trainspotting by Ervine Welsh

The Bourne series (Identity, Supremacy, Ultimatum) by Robert Ludlum

The Men Who Stare at Goats by Jon Ronson (great book, not an entirely great film, but watchable)

kafka.jpg

Murakami >>>>> ______________

I'd seriously suggest anyone who isn't even into books to check his sh*t out.

Murakami does some excellent books, as does Natsuo Kirino.

Bought "It's Only A Movie" by Mark Kermode, think he is a fantastic film critic and just loves films. Heard good things about this so I thought I'd give it a read.