Lil Wayne - Carter III - 9th June - Anticipation Thread

Numero001

still think its as goodhe done it, so fair play to him, people said he wouldnt/couldnt, they were wronggot hold of the instrumental album couple weeks back an that brought new life to itno album will ever get bumped by me for more than two weeks solid thoonly Graduation, The Cool & Carter 3 have had that treatment in the last yearon a side note, Carter 3 is a better iPod album than anything else

Bumped it in it's entirety 2 days ago...Lol...Music suited to when you're on the move.
iPod music for defowen on the move, the tracks where Wayne sounds like he's freestyling (Nothing Bout Me/Let The Build Build) are really entertainingbut put them tunes on in a room full of people and i get a little embarrassed.

• 1 month later...

Mrs Officer/ Comfortable - Lil Wayne feat Bobby Vhttp://videos.onsmash.com/v/kCw9jzBSVp3szP6GWho remembers this post?

This to me is easily the most anticipated release since then thats hype has been generated from mixtape scene and features. Obviously its different because Wayne has been a major label artist for so long and is coming off the back of a successful album but without the aid of a single to boost interest or any press releases, this is what both commercial and underground Hip Hop world is waiting for, d*ckriders, sceptic's and hater alike.You could argue that a few have come along and been highly anticipated since but I wouldnt say they were on the levels. Kanye West's Late Registration was anticipated, but nowhere near this level IMO. Kanye is not on the mixtape scene for one so the hood never really cared and two it quite simply wasnt on the levels of anticipation. Detox was highly anticipated but the fact that its become an urban myth. I also think the main difference here is we know Carter III WILL drop, Detox is more of "I hope it drops"Papoose and Saigon maybe's but Pap was highly anticipated before he got signed and by the time he had, his popularity and buzz and dwindled. Sai has been a bit similar to Dre as an IF opposed to WHEN. The main factor has to be commercial dont care about them, so no. Same for the Clipse follow-up50's follow-up, Game's debut and follow-up deserve a mention but 1 I cant be bothered to type anymore and 2 neither possesed the same/ constant presence and consistency that Wayne has had 2 years previous to the release.Answer on a stamped postcard and/ or post your reason for or against and if you can state an album that has been more anticipated and why.

why have all of Wayne's videos been sh*t?i mean Lollipop is cool, serves a purpose an that, but all the others have cheapened the tracks imo, an i dont even like Got Money that much.i would've expected a video on Khaled levels at least, plus something a bit more serious for either this or the Robin Thicke Track. woulda sealed the deal.it dont even look like his budget was that big. A Milli woulda been sick if had actually gone somewhere. dissapointed.oh sh*t i didnt even wait for the Comfortable bit. i'll be bach.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...