Official Job Vacancies Thread

zeezee

So the construction firm i was employed by for ages has folded.. pissed because i never needed cards/quals but know what im doing in regards to scaffolding and basic bricklaying, but that means nothing in this day and age in regards to them roles.

So i'v now landed myself a trainee asbestos removal job, not shabby money though i feel my lifetime may be shortened in the long run. happy times.

My boy has been looking for a job for a while and was always getting knocked back.

Gets an interview at Sky on Weds, thinks he aces it. Email comes through on Thursday to say he has the job!

Email comes through on Friday to say; contrary to the previous email all positions are now filled and his details will be kept on file

#PAIN

My boy has been looking for a job for a while and was always getting knocked back.

Gets an interview at Sky on Weds, thinks he aces it. Email comes through on Thursday to say he has the job!

Email comes through on Friday to say; contrary to the previous email all positions are now filled and his details will be kept on file

#PAIN

That is an absolute pisstake. I would be fuming.

#PAIN

That is MAAAAD.

Unfortunately they can do what they like before you sign the line.

• 2 weeks later...

#PAIN

f*ckin pisstake, I would be crushed.

On a better note, I've been applying for grad schemes and local jobs ever since I graduted last year.

Long story short, I applied for a 12 months paid internship at the nhs institue of innovation and improvement,

Done the preliminary interview, test and final interview. Passed all and got the place!

Had my first day today, and I'm knackered, aint used to this 9-5 sh*t at all.

I'll get used to it, 19k for the year I'm nice :Y:

• Upvote 9

Congrats brother

/

What's with these sites leaving up jobs that have already been filled? Found one job, got happs because it was exactly what I needed. Spent time with my aunt fine tuning my cv, sent it off and received a reply an hour later saying the position was already filled.

Smh

Always ring the recruitment consultant before you send a cv. Just to see if you can get any extra info about the job from them, such as when they plan to start interviewing etc. whether its been filled or not. And it helps in the process as well. They will remember you if you speak on the phone and send your cv after. And the other benefit is you can get a direct email address. Instead of [email protected] you can get a real name and a consultant that will actually open it. Instead of a receptionist who might bin it before it reaches them.

Around midnight last night, i was applying for bare jobs, just sending CV's to different places, no cover letters or nothing

i got a missed a phone call this afternoon and got a email about it, it was one of the places that i applied for late last niht, it was about some 1st line IT support trainee job, 3 month home-based training course and then they give you a job starting at 16k per year + commission and end of year bonuses.... not bad as there's chances to progress further and the expierence can easily help me get another job within IT within a year or 2

the guy emailed me and every time he replies, it seems like he's just copy and pasting a template to me lol

it mite be nothing but it seems a bit weird lol, like this time i said that i was interested in the course and i would like to book an appointment for an interview, he replied:

"Hello

I hope you are well.

It was great talking with you on the phone. I have attached the job description to refresh your memory."

first thing, i never spoke to him on the phone at all, he tried to call me once but i didn't answer and we have only communicated through email

interview booked for tomorrow so i'll see how it goes, it could be nothing and it could actually be legit

will share with you man if it's legit, i think it's just Brum based but not sure though

lol

peak

decided to do a bit of research

Hi,

I'm currently looking to start from scratch in IT support (hopefully moving up to an networking engineer position eventually). I have no qualifications in IT, just a BSc in Mathematics and currently working as a secondary school teacher, but don't much enjoy it! icon_sad.gif

Anyway, I started applying for some 1st line IT support, help desk type jobs and have had no luck. I've figured out that I need some basic qualifications which is what I'm currently looking into.

The other day I got a phone call from a company called "Echo IT Training" who noticed some of my job applications online and offered an interview for an IT training placement. I thought, cool, this is exactly what I'm looking for, so went to interview and was told everything about the course and the associated fees. I was told that given my position, I would need to do the Comp TIA A+ training first, which is basically a home learning exercise, taking about three months to complete, I would be given all the course materials, assigned a tutor and given vouchers for sitting the exams and also help with recruitment afterwards (they have links with companies seeking IT technicians and whatnot). This would all cost £1000, half of which the company would cover and the rest I need to pay upfront. The cost seemed fine, a little steep but acceptable I guess.

Then things got a little weird. I was accepted on to the course, I was told that I would need to come back to complete registration and that I should bring some ID and the £500, in cash. I'm not sure how these training courses work, but paying in cash seemd a little risky. So I asked if I could pay by other methods and was told I could do it via bank transfer, but needed to do it urgently, otherwise they wouldn't be able to register me. This correspondence was done over email, so I've not given any money away yet, but I'm thinking about opting out as it feels a little odd to me, especially with the payment in cash thing.

How should I proceed?

I'm currently studying for CCNA in my own time anyway and pretty sure I could do the Comp TIA A+ certification on my own, given suitable study resources. Should I trust this company? Has anyone used them before? Is £500 too much? How much would it cost if I did it on my own?

Some advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

f*ck that

knew it was to good to be true