Official Job Vacancies Thread

zeezee

I'm currently working 8 hours per week and earning around £56 for those 8 hours plus i'm having to pay for petrol on top of that, spoke to my boss and he said that he has no more hours or any other work available at the moment.....

If i stay in this job, i'm still builidng up my expierence regardless of how many hours i do, i won't need to put my hours on my CV so if i say "i did this job for this many months" it will look better then 2 months in the job and then i left lol

if you was in my shoes, would you carry on with this job or just quit, because i can get around £54 per week on JSA for doing nothing and i won't have to pay for petrol costs out of that either.

I'm currently working 8 hours per week and earning around £56 for those 8 hours plus i'm having to pay for petrol on top of that, spoke to my boss and he said that he has no more hours or any other work available at the moment.....

If i stay in this job, i'm still builidng up my expierence regardless of how many hours i do, i won't need to put my hours on my CV so if i say "i did this job for this many months" it will look better then 2 months in the job and then i left lol

if you was in my shoes, would you carry on with this job or just quit, because i can get around £54 per week on JSA for doing nothing and i won't have to pay for petrol costs out of that either.

why not do your 8 hours and do another 8/16 hours in another retail/warehouse/anything job. That way you can stack some P and still have free time to look at other opportunities

why not do your 8 hours and do another 8/16 hours in another retail/warehouse/anything job. That way you can stack some P and still have free time to look at other opportunities

Can't seem to find anything at the moment, i would definetely do that if i could

Im guessing he can't find one...

But if you are working only 8 hours a week are you allowed some tax credits and any other benifits?

nope, nothing

if i was earning lets say £40 for those 8 hours, i could claim benefits but they will only give me that extra £12 to top of my wages to get me up to the JSA amount that i would ne eligible for

that's the most annoying thing, i know someone who worked around 8 hours and earned exactly £50, if he was on JSA, he would have got £53 per week, but because he was working, he was on income based JSA and they were going to give him £3 per week lol, expected him to go there every 2 weeks to sign on for £6 with the job search filled in and all this stuff

now i understand when people say they are better off on benefits then they would if they worked, i don't blame them

i can be lazy and just quit but i want to work and know that i need this expierence so i'm going to try and stick at it for as long as i can and carry on looking for other work

Midlands area and able to travel so i'm even looking at jobs within a 30-40 mile radius

have expierence in office/admin, customer services and security

got a interview coming up for a mobile street warden job lol, not the best job but the moneys not bad and it's full time, good oppurtunity for progression to supervisor/management level too if you have the right skills

It's funny how I've applied for lots of jobs and the one reply I received was to tell me that I was unsuccessful loool

Made me smile that at least they replied. After class back to grinding.

/

On a slightly related note, has anyone had luck with reply to job adverts on gumtree before? I applied for a couple jobs I saw on there and also some unpaid internship positions and not sure whether to expect a reply or not. My coverletter is solid, cc is solid and I'm already studying and have a knowledge of the skills they require just no practical experience of said skills.