Official Job Vacancies Thread

zeezee

It's funny how I've applied for lots of jobs and the one reply I received was to tell me that I was unsuccessful loool

Made me smile that at least they replied. After class back to grinding.

/

On a slightly related note, has anyone had luck with reply to job adverts on gumtree before? I applied for a couple jobs I saw on there and also some unpaid internship positions and not sure whether to expect a reply or not. My coverletter is solid, cc is solid and I'm already studying and have a knowledge of the skills they require just no practical experience of said skills.

Go for it got an internship off Gumtree last yr

LinkdIn also has job listings

On a slightly related note, has anyone had luck with reply to job adverts on gumtree before? I applied for a couple jobs I saw on there and also some unpaid internship positions and not sure whether to expect a reply or not. My coverletter is solid, cc is solid and I'm already studying and have a knowledge of the skills they require just no practical experience of said skills.

Watch out for the scams, Gumtree is full of them

when you come across an ad, find out who it's with, do a bit of research and contact them via phone and actually speak to someone, too many d*ckheads on there just fishing for people's details

i managed to get a full time job at last myself, 60+ hours per week at £8 per hour, the hours are going to kill me but it will be worth it in the end, good bye weekends...... on the bright side, the money is very good and the job doesn't involve me doing much, so i'm going to study something random and make the most of my spare time.

Actually got paid less than £700 after tax. After my necessaries, I have about £59 to live on a week and my girl's 25th birthday is in April. FML

Don't worry bro. I know it might be emasculating, but your girl must be real (cos she's with a real dude (no homo)) so she won't bat an eyelid.

Just give her the best sex of her life that night, and all things material will be forgotten.

• Downvote 4

if someone gives u a job, lets say in an office somewhere down central london or somehting, and u dont turn up after a few months or something bcoz u dont wanna work there anymore, and u ignore their calls, can anyrthing happen after that? or will they just look for someone else?

can they take u to court?

• Upvote 1

if someone gives u a job, lets say in an office somewhere down central london or somehting, and u dont turn up after a few months or something bcoz u dont wanna work there anymore, and u ignore their calls, can anyrthing happen after that? or will they just look for someone else?

can they take u to court?

No

but why not leave on your own terms, just give them the 2 weeks notice and at least then, you still get a reference off them, etc

i managed to get a full time job at last myself, 60+ hours per week at £8 per hour, the hours are going to kill me but it will be worth it in the end, good bye weekends...... on the bright side, the money is very good and the job doesn't involve me doing much, so i'm going to study something random and make the most of my spare time.

doin what

My friend said that her workplace love getting unpaid help apparently so I may be able to get work experience finally. She asked me to chase her up tomorrow morning so definitely will do that and hope for the best. Won't put all my eggs in one basket but I'm hoping for the best. Will wait and see.

• Upvote 1