Shearer to take over at Newcastle

MrJibbles

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This after he denied the job before? Why has he agreed now?
win winas it stands they're doomedkeep em up and he establishes himself more as a geordie heroget relegated with them, he loses no face, some arabs will buy them on the cheap in the summer and if he keeps the job he has x amount of million to buy the championships best talent and bring them back up
simple reallyHope Newcastle go down and never return to the premiership.The only good things about Newcastle United is Sir Bobby Robson and Andy Cole (i refuse to call him Andrew)

win winas it stands they're doomedkeep em up and he establishes himself more as a geordie heroget relegated with them, he loses no face, some arabs will buy them on the cheap in the summer and if he keeps the job he has x amount of million to buy the championships best talent and bring them back up
simple reallyHope Newcastle go down and never return to the premiership.The only good things about Newcastle United is Sir Bobby Robson and Andy Cole (i refuse to call him Andrew)

They have passionate fans and i commend them for going through all this sh*t.
One of the biggest myths in football going.Watch if they go down struggle to bring 20,000 of the neanderthals to St James on match days.
lol nah man da newcastle fans ive come across are proper like die hard fans. I remember back in school i had some geordie teacher... would cuss tottenham all day back his team to the end.obviously there is a few air head fans but the majority are strongnot like utd or chelsea fans... too many glory hunters

They have passionate fans and i commend them for going through all this sh*t.
One of the biggest myths in football going.Watch if they go down struggle to bring 20,000 of the neanderthals to St James on match days.
lol nah man da newcastle fans ive come across are proper like die hard fans. I remember back in school i had some geordie teacher... would cuss tottenham all day back his team to the end.obviously there is a few air head fans but the majority are strongnot like utd or chelsea fans... too many glory hunters
Please....Our away fans are the fans Newcaslte fans wish they were.

i beg to god shearer loses all 8 games ill be over the f*ck*ng moon howwver looking at there fixtures i doubt it would happen.

Thing is i don't know how many people have been to Newcastle but literally everyone in Newcastle supports Newcastle, everyones at the game or watching them come saturdays etc, you don't find them birmingham people that support man utd etc,... If they go down i bet you they will still be pulling in 25-40 thousand a game...Newcastle have been sh*t for years but aslong as the club is run how they want it they'll turn up. Perfect example of this was when Allardyce was in charge and the attendance dropped but Keegan turned up didn't win a game and was still raking in crowds

What about the pre-Keegan years when they were getting awful attendances?I don't know whether it's bitter elder-Villa fans or not but all my dad and his mates say about Newcastle was pre 90's they had a small fanbase for a city of their size.http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufchistor...cerecords.shtml that backs them up tooBut I agree with that point, geordies are Newcastle fans or they don't like football. That is something I'm envious of - because round here it seems it's like 40% Villa, 30% Birmingham 10% West Brom, 20% United/Liverpool.

What about the pre-Keegan years when they were getting awful attendances?I don't know whether it's bitter elder-Villa fans or not but all my dad and his mates say about Newcastle was pre 90's they had a small fanbase for a city of their size.http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufchistor...cerecords.shtml that backs them up tooBut I agree with that point, geordies are Newcastle fans or they don't like football. That is something I'm envious of - because round here it seems it's like 40% Villa, 30% Birmingham 10% West Brom, 20% United/Liverpool.
I totally agree with you before the keegan era, but i suppose the success (as they call it) he brought was the foundations for their fan base as it made them believe they were a big club and they never stopped believing this