OFFICIAL CAR/DRIVING TOPIC

Frank White

Thats good talk.I've also always wondered how much money and how useful would an engine do-over be?Like cleaning the carburetor and replacing worn cogs etc..Should add years innit?Mechanicmandem talk to me
Depends on the car and how old it is

I've been told the only cars that are decent after 100k are BMWs and Benzs.
yes, this is truebut honestly, why would you even entertain a car with that amount of milage on it?me personally i would say dont touch with a barge pole, go for something with less milage and less hassle

A red light came on in my car, i put the hot blowers on and it went off straight away so this means it was over heating right?Q. How often should i put oil and water in?Q. Do i have to put special oil into a diesel?Q. Is the water tank the biggest clear looking tank?

Depends what red light came on your car, but the symptoms u mention do lead to overheatingyou should do an radiator flush every 2 years to remove any blockages, but you should not have a leak in you system, best to find out where the leak is as apposed to topping up, and when you top up, try using the coolant mix from auto stores instead of normal water (will be reddish pink in colour)for oil & filter, I change it every 6 months or 6,000 miles, which ever comes first, but ideally the minimal is you do it once a year/or the recommended mileage interval for the vehicle

Depends what red light came on your car, but the symptoms u mention do lead to overheatingyou should do an radiator flush every 2 years to remove any blockages, but you should not have a leak in you system, best to find out where the leak is as apposed to topping up, and when you top up, try using the coolant mix from auto stores instead of normal water (will be reddish pink in colour)for oil & filter, I change it every 6 months or 6,000 miles, which ever comes first, but ideally the minimal is you do it once a year/or the recommended mileage interval for the vehicle
Thanks, i think its sorted now i just gave it to the garage and they done what they done.-----------------------So im looking to get a Mini Cooper D Graphite..Those who know - Are the stripes optional?Are the cream leather seats worth £1100 and burning me in the summer?Are there any extras worth getting before i order it...

Thanks, i think its sorted now i just gave it to the garage and they done what they done.-----------------------So im looking to get a Mini Cooper D Graphite..Those who know - Are the stripes optional?Are the cream leather seats worth £1100 and burning me in the summer?Are there any extras worth getting before i order it...
climate controlcruise controlxenonsparking sensors