OFFICIAL CAR/DRIVING TOPIC

Frank White

^^ no option of a course... 1st offence... 3points

sh*t, thats harsh, have u asked them about it ? cos i wouldnt stand for that, surely they must offer u the option on 1st offence ? i got sent a letter which gave me the option of a course or fixed points and it was sent from the police, not even the saftey camera people

i remember in 06, i got caught driving without insurance, i only got 3 points for that and i was still in provisional mode back then.

feel blessed ive got off so lightly

^ on that note where can i look find towers that can bring them cars from country to the mechanic?

Shiply.com

Its like a reverse-ebay

U put up up a job (eg. Manchester to london, pick up car, car doesnt run)

And various companies/trailers will "compete" to get the job by undercutting each other. Plus like ebay theres feedback so u can see who's done good jobs etc

I found it to be majorly cheap

• Upvote 2

^ on that note where can i look find towers that can bring them cars from country to the mechanic?

Shiply.com

Its like a reverse-ebay

U put up up a job (eg. Manchester to london, pick up car, car doesnt run)

And various companies/trailers will "compete" to get the job by undercutting each other. Plus like ebay theres feedback so u can see who's done good jobs etc

I found it to be majorly cheap

faccccccccccccccccccccccccckin ell

safe g

46167443.jpg

Non recorded damage

Can somebody asses what damage this has and how much it would cost to repair plz

obv the pic doesnt tell all but frm what u can see so far

If ur lucky and its only body damage, ur looking at new bonnet, wing and bumper plus the paintjob, u could always trawl ebay looking for rear-ended mini's and buy the body parts on the cheap and just change the colour if necessary

If theres structural damage probably not worth it unless the labour is free (ie.ur doing the work) from that pic it looks like the roof is damaged?

Plus pre-04 mini's have dodgy gearboxes

Plus plus unless its a mean looking cooper s or jcw, minis r for girls !

Where u looking at this? Salvage auction?

has anyone used or knows about copart

is it worth joining?

Alot of the shiply lot dont pick up from copart

I'va had bad experience with copart, they owed me money for a good 6 weeks, kept saying it'll be done next week etc etc. Total bullshit tbh i personally would stay away.

They take an initial commision of 300 quid, then u bid, if u win i think they add vat on top. Be aware of that.

Plus the prices of these salvage cars have gone up cos all these eastern europeans buy cat d and c and sell em off back at home unregisterd.

Mate unless u have strong links to a garage and can get extremely cheap labour stAy way cos the gains, if u make any, are very little financialy, and worst case scenario u end up with a hunk of metal u can use or even sell

has anyone used or knows about copart

is it worth joining?

Alot of the shiply lot dont pick up from copart

I'va had bad experience with copart, they owed me money for a good 6 weeks, kept saying it'll be done next week etc etc. Total bullshit tbh i personally would stay away.

They take an initial commision of 300 quid, then u bid, if u win i think they add vat on top. Be aware of that.

Plus the prices of these salvage cars have gone up cos all these eastern europeans buy cat d and c and sell em off back at home unregisterd.

Mate unless u have strong links to a garage and can get extremely cheap labour stAy way cos the gains, if u make any, are very little financialy, and worst case scenario u end up with a hunk of metal u can use or even sell

i have got a good garage round my way, i just need a good source for unrecorded stuff, do you know any where else?

46167443.jpg

Non recorded damage

Can somebody asses what damage this has and how much it would cost to repair plz

obv the pic doesnt tell all but frm what u can see so far

That car has most certainly got structural damaged. Before even thinking about getting new panels and spray painting it, you would need to do a bit of welding and correct the chassis using a car-o-liner jig and crossfire laser systems. By all means do it if your in the trade and have access to such equipment and labour will be free for u, or else forget this mini.

I need halp guise.

Looking to cop my first car pretty damn sooon.

£3k budget, if I could not spend it all that will be great.

I need a decent looking RELIABLE car, when my dad is telling me about all sorts of work he has to get done on his car I just bury my head in my hands.

Suggestions pleaseeeeeee.

Also anywhere else to look other than Pistonheads and Autotrader ? (No gumtree please, I do not like being stabbed)