Barcelona VS Chelsea

Guest Wu-Tang

Guest Wu-Tang
47591866.jpgBarcelonaBadge.pngVS badgecentenarygif1gr.gif Referee Tom Henning Øvrebø (NOR) Assistant referee Geir Åge Holen (NOR) Dag-Roger Nebben (NOR)Fourth official Brage Sandmoen (NOR)

FC Barcelona visit Chelsea FC for the second leg of their UEFA Champions League semi-final looking to avoid the fate they suffered on the last two occasions they played on English soil.Both teams had chances to take a first-leg advantage at the Camp Nou, Barcelona goalkeeper Victor Valdés making a fine double block to deny Didier Drogba in the first half and his opposite number Petr Čech producing splendid stops from Samuel Eto'o and substitute Aleksandr Hleb, although another replacement, Bojan Krkić, might have won it for Barcelona in added time, heading over from point-blank range. The clubs have met three times previously in knockout ties in the UEFA Champions League, Barcelona coming out on top twice – although on each occasion the side with home advantage in the second leg has prevailed. The full breakdown of results is:2005/06 first knockout roundChelsea 1-2 BarcelonaBarcelona 1-1 ChelseaBarcelona win 3-2 on aggregate2004/05 first knockout roundBarcelona 2-1 ChelseaChelsea 4-2 BarcelonaChelsea win 5-4 on aggregate1999/00 quarter-finalsChelsea 3-1 BarcelonaBarcelona 5-1 Chelsea (after extra time)Barcelona win 6-4 on aggregateI see this as a very difficult one to call...Chelsea do not have the upper-hand at all, perhaps the only thing that will benefit them except obviously beign at home is that Stamford bridge is a lot thinner than the massive Camp Nou pitch, which should restrict the likes of Messi, Henry & Alves getting forward and using the full width that the team usually canI can't see chelsea doing anything different to what they did last time, they need to frustrate Barca again, if they try to attack too much and make the game open...Barca will certainly score.I think it will be the blue bus parked in chelsea's half again.Ashley Cole is back following his previous suspension so it is assumed he will take his usual role on the left side, and Jose Bosingwa will return to the right.Despite Anekla & Drogba's wonderful link-ups of the weekend, I once again expect Anelka to start on the bench untill Barcelona score or Chelsea are chasing the gameBarcelona come off the back of a DEVASTATING 6-2 win against their old Rivals real madrid - a team second in La Liga this season, I think that may have put off any ideas Guus Hiddink would have had of a 4-4-2I see the usual 4-3-3/4-5-1 formation for Chelsea, With Drogba alone upfront, with Kalou and Malouda as side midfielders/wingers, perhaps I'll be surprised..Likely Lineups..

ChelseaCechBosingwa-Carvalho-Terry-ColeBallack-Essien-LampardKalou-Drogba-Malouda

BarcaHenry-Eto'o-MessiIniesta-Toure-XaviSylvinho-Abidal-Pique-AlvesValdes

Predictions (if chelses start with Drogba alone) 0-0, Chelsea through on penaltiesOtherwise, 4-2 Barcelona..

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Wu-Tang

How bad is Henrys knock though? I saw he had it iced though I hadn't heard anything about it after thatThe first time Henry gets the ball with his back to goal, Bosingwa needs to knee him in the back of his knee on the slyLol @ barca's back lineThey need to keep chelsea pressed back, or they are in trouble, as always for them attack is their best form of defense..

I've thought from the start chelsea would win this tie.. Chelsea just have the perfect styl to neutralise barca completely.. which is why they've always done well against them..And that World War 2 battle ground they call a pitch at the bridge ain't going to do barca no favours at all, with them ankle breaker pot holes everywereIt seems 50/50 about henry atm according to SSN

Guest Wu-Tang

S. Ramos clattered him off the ball in the Madrid Game, he hobbled a bit throughout but then went on to score two goals, was subbed off when he was no longer needed and sat with an Ice pack on his knee, I thoguht he'd be fine to start but rumors came out about him bneing out for 2 weeksBarca refuted them here though http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11945_5277934,00.htmlAnyway if Henry is outIniesta to take his place, Keita on in midfield

Guest Lemons
Hleb has only scored 29 goals in his careerInternational + club goals includedLOLDudes 28
Clarted.I scored more goals then that last week.

Guest Medic

CechBosingwa - Alex - Terry - ColeLampard - Essien - BallackAnelka - Drogba - MaloudaValdesAlves - Pique - Busquets - AbidalXavi - Toure - KeitaMessi - Eto'o - Iniesta

SSN reckon Toure's gonna play centre half and Busquets in midfield?

Yeah its probable, Xavi and Keita to play just ahead of Busquets.