The Official Liverpool FC Thread

The Infamous

Take everything you hear from Rawk in regards to Gerrard and Carra with a pinch of salt. Carra and Gerrard are not very much liked by many on that forum because they appAarently conspired to get rid of Messiah Benitez, some of the sh*t i've heard about them two is disdgraceful, which is ironic cause i can't think of a person in the last 15 years who has done as much for Liverpool as Gerrard has, not a manager or player has come close to his output.

And the bullshit about Gerrard not being able to play in Cm, is just that bullshit. He played there for many years in his early career where he was already emerging as a potentially world class player and being compared to the likes of Keane Viera. Recently against Bolton he was excellent, and wasn't too bad against Blackburm as well, against United earlier this season he was disciplined and hardly misplaced a pass. The whole notion that when you play 2 cms, one of them must be a bulldog terrier busting his lungs to get up and down is a foolish 1 to say the least, i never see Scholes do that and no one says he can't play CM.

While Gerrard enjoyed his best season behind the hole, it was under wholly different circumstances, with players like Alonso behind him, the whole position relies on your support from behind, and after Alonso left it made no sense playing Gerrard in the position in front of Lucas who was never renowned for his range of passing and vision. I would say thought that since the arrival of Mereiles, and his blossoming understanding with Lucas, it would probably make sense to put Gerrard back into that position, but this whole idea of Gerrard dictating where he plays and not being able to play in CM is nothing more than baseless propaganda.

I don't buy this same squad thing.

Alonso, Mascherano, Arbeloa, Riera and Benayoun have have gone.

Carragher got old. Gerrard and Torres lost form.

The first two were vital. The next two were solid (where their replacements most certainly haven't been) and the last one won a fair few points for you.

Either way it's half the team that finished second that's gone.

The fact is when you watch us there is no direction or purpose to our play and I don't care what anybody says for a squad with so many internationals there is simply no excuse. We are scoring less, conceding more, having less possession and just look completely clueless.

If an astute manager comes in and we don't see a serious improvement I'll be astounded. Hopefully it will happen soon and then we can see people making further excuses for why Hodgson was such a failure.

Gerrard arguments has its truths

The two best seasons of Gerrards life have come behind the striker and on the right.

The conspiring or having a say to ensure Benitez lost his job, isn't a sign of Gerrard/Carra themselves, but of the player power that so many people complain about, maybe it has some truth in it, maybe it doesn't. But we all know player power has grown immensly, it wouldn't be totally outrageous to think that.

I would personally like to think it isn't true. It's bad enough that Purslow was so fudamental in the sacking of a manager and then hiring a new one.

But one thing we all know is that they endorsed Hodgson gladly (although its not like you can turn around and say your new manager is sh*t).

Also, Carragher once ensure he never played right back for us under Benitez, the season we came second, he confessed it in his book. So, outrageous propaganda to suggest Gerrard might say to Hodgson he wants to play CM, nope.

Take everything you hear from Rawk in regards to Gerrard and Carra with a pinch of salt. Carra and Gerrard are not very much liked by many on that forum because they appAarently conspired to get rid of Messiah Benitez, some of the sh*t i've heard about them two is disdgraceful, which is ironic cause i can't think of a person in the last 15 years who has done as much for Liverpool as Gerrard has, not a manager or player has come close to his output.

And the bullshit about Gerrard not being able to play in Cm, is just that bullshit. He played there for many years in his early career where he was already emerging as a potentially world class player and being compared to the likes of Keane Viera. Recently against Bolton he was excellent, and wasn't too bad against Blackburm as well, against United earlier this season he was disciplined and hardly misplaced a pass. The whole notion that when you play 2 cms, one of them must be a bulldog terrier busting his lungs to get up and down is a foolish 1 to say the least, i never see Scholes do that and no one says he can't play CM.

While Gerrard enjoyed his best season behind the hole, it was under wholly different circumstances, with players like Alonso behind him, the whole position relies on your support from behind, and after Alonso left it made no sense playing Gerrard in the position in front of Lucas who was never renowned for his range of passing and vision. I would say thought that since the arrival of Mereiles, and his blossoming understanding with Lucas, it would probably make sense to put Gerrard back into that position, but this whole idea of Gerrard dictating where he plays and not being able to play in CM is nothing more than baseless propaganda.

Gerrard misplaced about 20% of his passes against Man Utd and we were sh*t. Keane was the metronome of the team who dictated the tempo of Man Utd's play as was Vieira, if the simple ball was on they'd play it simple and this is where Gerrard falls down. He tries to play superman balls too often but when they don't come off it leaves the team exposed and to compound things he often doesn't track back.

Also people seem to have a hazy memory when it comes to Alonso and how he played the game, some people would have you think every other pass was some 60 yard hollywood ball when in truth he was more likely to play it simple until an opportunity arose to play the decisive ball and more often than not it was into wide positions. Gerrard tries them too often and a lot of the time in congested areas.

All his outstanding seasons have come from AM or RM because he finds himself in the positions where he can hurt teams. It sounds liek I'm having a dig at him but all I'm saying is that for the good of the team he should be open to the notion it's not for the good of the team he plays where he wants to play.

Saachi said this a while back and I think in many ways it's true.

“When I was director of football at Real Madrid I had to evaluate the players coming through the youth ranks. We had some who were very good footballers. They had technique, they had athleticism, they had drive, they were hungry.

"But they lacked what I call knowing-how-to-play-football. They lacked decision making. They lacked positioning. They didn't have the subtle sensitivity of football: how a player should move within the collective. And for many, I wasn't sure they were going to learn".

“You see, strength, passion, technique, athleticism, all of these are very important. But they are a means to an end, not an end in itself. They help you reach your goal, which is putting your talent at the service of the team and, by doing this, making both of you and the team greater.

"In situations like that, I just have to say, Gerrard's a great footballer, but perhaps not a great player."

Gerrard misplaced about 20% of his passes against Man Utd and we were sh*t. Keane was the metronome of the team who dictated the tempo of Man Utd's play as was Vieira, if the simple ball was on they'd play it simple and this is where Gerrard falls down. He tries to play superman balls too often but when they don't come off it leaves the team exposed and to compound things he often doesn't track back.

Also people seem to have a hazy memory when it comes to Alonso and how he played the game, some people would have you think every other pass was some 60 yard hollywood ball when in truth he was more likely to play it simple until an opportunity arose to play the decisive ball and more often than not it was into wide positions. Gerrard tries them too often and a lot of the time in congested areas.

All his outstanding seasons have come from AM or RM because he finds himself in the positions where he can hurt teams. It sounds liek I'm having a dig at him but all I'm saying is that for the good of the team he should be open to the notion it's not for the good of the team he plays where he wants to play.

Saachi said this a while back and I think in many ways it's true.

“When I was director of football at Real Madrid I had to evaluate the players coming through the youth ranks. We had some who were very good footballers. They had technique, they had athleticism, they had drive, they were hungry.

"But they lacked what I call knowing-how-to-play-football. They lacked decision making. They lacked positioning. They didn't have the subtle sensitivity of football: how a player should move within the collective. And for many, I wasn't sure they were going to learn".

“You see, strength, passion, technique, athleticism, all of these are very important. But they are a means to an end, not an end in itself. They help you reach your goal, which is putting your talent at the service of the team and, by doing this, making both of you and the team greater.

"In situations like that, I just have to say, Gerrard's a great footballer, but perhaps not a great player."

Nope i watched the game mate, his passing was near flawless that day, he misplaced very few passes certainly not up to 20% (and our Central mid was very good on that day actually). In fact at the start of the season Gerrard had misplaced very few passes in all, because he was using the ball more conservatively, the problem was though that when you have Gerrard doing that he loses the same drive and unpredictability that makes him such a great player.

And i never said anything about Alonso playing 60 yard balls all the time, that was not in my argument, the argument was that Alonso HAD the Ability to play those type of passes, and also find Gerrard with short and incisive passes. A key part of Alonsos game was his accuracy, whether it be from10 or 50 yards, with both feet as well, thats the difference between him and Lucas, Alonso's passing ability allowed him to play the ball forwards more time than not because of his pin point accuracy.

Sacchi has an opinion and others have theirs, while Sacchi is a knowledgeable man i'm not going to take his opinion as gospel. Gerrard can play cm, he may have had a better season in the hole but again that was under different circumstances and with players like Alonso behind him, he couldn't replicate the same form last season partly due to Alonso not being there anymore.

Gerrard managed to hurt Bolton and Blackburn perfectly well playing from Cm, in fact his best performance since 08/09 came in Cm. He can play in Cm, he formed his name playing in that position, he was already onto being a world class player playing from that position, and also i would like to also note that his best England performances have come from that position also.

Gerrard arguments has its truths

The two best seasons of Gerrards life have come behind the striker and on the right.

The conspiring or having a say to ensure Benitez lost his job, isn't a sign of Gerrard/Carra themselves, but of the player power that so many people complain about, maybe it has some truth in it, maybe it doesn't. But we all know player power has grown immensly, it wouldn't be totally outrageous to think that.

I would personally like to think it isn't true. It's bad enough that Purslow was so fudamental in the sacking of a manager and then hiring a new one.

But one thing we all know is that they endorsed Hodgson gladly (although its not like you can turn around and say your new manager is sh*t).

Also, Carragher once ensure he never played right back for us under Benitez, the season we came second, he confessed it in his book. So, outrageous propaganda to suggest Gerrard might say to Hodgson he wants to play CM, nope.

Yeah your right, but i'm not buying the bullshit about Carra and Gerrard picking Hodgson has the manager, and also every player will have their favourite positions its up to the manager to deploy them in positions in which he thinks its suitable. If we were winning games with Gerrard playing in the hole, then i doubt he would be complaining much, Gerrard would probably rather play in the whole than on the right of midfield.

Patrick Barclay does my f*ck*ng head in, complaining about certain LFC fans on twitter.

Then writes the most patronising article, talking bullshit and basically giving Hodgson a bly for signing Poulsen and Konchesky. And even calling Hodgson his good friend. c*nt. About impartial journalism, its bullshit.

Say what you want about every fan feeling the media are against their team, but its so BAIT with some journos. From Barclay and Hayward to Winter. All sh*t chatting, English backing mugs.

And you just knew this sh*t was coming...

Although United and Liverpool have come to be fierce rivals in years gone by, Ferguson insists that Hodgson deserves better than how he is being treated.

“Roy Hodgson doesn’t need to justify his record as a manager,” said Ferguson, according to the Mirror football.

"His experience and performance level everywhere he’s been have been terrific, so I’m not going to get into that."

Seriously f*ck Roy Hodgson and all his media based friends, guy is useless. His record is a bigger myth than Chelsea's European history.

Nope i watched the game mate, his passing was near flawless that day, he misplaced very few passes certainly not up to 20% (and our Central mid was very good on that day actually). In fact at the start of the season Gerrard had misplaced very few passes in all, because he was using the ball more conservatively, the problem was though that when you have Gerrard doing that he loses the same drive and unpredictability that makes him such a great player.

And i never said anything about Alonso playing 60 yard balls all the time, that was not in my argument, the argument was that Alonso HAD the Ability to play those type of passes, and also find Gerrard with short and incisive passes. A key part of Alonsos game was his accuracy, whether it be from10 or 50 yards, with both feet as well, thats the difference between him and Lucas, Alonso's passing ability allowed him to play the ball forwards more time than not because of his pin point accuracy.

Sacchi has an opinion and others have theirs, while Sacchi is a knowledgeable man i'm not going to take his opinion as gospel. Gerrard can play cm, he may have had a better season in the hole but again that was under different circumstances and with players like Alonso behind him, he couldn't replicate the same form last season partly due to Alonso not being there anymore.

Gerrard managed to hurt Bolton and Blackburn perfectly well playing from Cm, in fact his best performance since 08/09 came in Cm. He can play in Cm, he formed his name playing in that position, he was already onto being a world class player playing from that position, and also i would like to also note that his best England performances have come from that position also.

Some misplaced pass stats for you with illustrations. Guardian Chalkboards>>>>>

14 of 77 v Man Utd

19 of 49 v WBA

24 of 85 v Man City

20 of 54 v Birmingham

screenshot20110107at234.png

Some misplaced pass stats for you with illustrations. Guardian Chalkboards>>>>>

14 of 77 v Man Utd

19 of 49 v WBA

24 of 85 v Man City

20 of 54 v Birmingham

His Man Utd stats were good, the rest are sh*t though.

FFS.

For a while.

No one expects him to come back and make us Barca, just about revival and short term, which is what Hodgson was meant to do.

Playing under one of his heroes it should sure as hell get Stevie G acting like a captain again and thus fire up the rest of his team-mates.

seeing as Kenny has also been with the youngers maybe he will bring some through.