Some midweek internationals

Admin.

Now harry will try a ting were he's guna drop bars like " Crouchy has been in fantastic form so i had to put him in the team" Then we proceed to hoof the ball up for 90 mins and get knocked out of FA CUP smh

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carrick will neva be a regular starter 4 England, hes too cultured

Rodwell

Huddlestone

Carrick

All to cultured, they aint hustle n bustle, they have a continental style of play

He's too cultured ? Alright mate.

/

Some interesting points on talksport.

They're saying that whole first 45mins was consequence of the Terry booing etc. And that he should go to South Africa at all.

Will never happen but interesting nonetheless.

former England winger Chris Waddle believes Theo Walcott "doesn't understand the game" and should not be in the international reckoning.

Walcott made a bright start in England's 3-1 win over Egypt on Wednesday, bursting past defenders to create a simple chance for Frank Lampard, but he struggled in the aftermath and was eventually substituted early in the second half after repeatedly running into trouble.

It has been a difficult season for Walcott and, a fortnight before his 21st birthday, many feel he has yet to show any real development since leaving Southampton for Arsenal in 2006 and Waddle, who won 62 caps for his country, has now suggested there is little hope he will fulfil expectations.

"People keep saying he's young but Wayne Rooney understood the game at 16, 17," Waddle said. "I've never seen any difference in Theo Walcott since he was at Southampton and broke into the team at a very young age.

"I've never seen him develop. He just doesn't understand the game for me - where to be running, when to run inside a full-back, (when to) just play a one-two."

Speaking on BBC Radio Five Live, Waddle said: "It's all off the cuff. The ball comes to him and if he gets a good first touch he might be on his way if he shows pace, but he has a plan in his mind before the ball comes to him.

"He's not looking as if to think, 'This is where I want to be, this is where I want to go, and this is what I'm going to do'. It just seems to be all off the cuff.

"People keep saying to me, 'Oh he's young and he'll learn'. I keep thinking, 'Fabregas has learnt and he's young, Rooney has learnt... they all read the game so well'.

"I just don't think he's got a football brain and he's going to have problems. Eventually he could play up front, but would he know where to run? Let's be honest, good defenders would catch him offside every time.

"I just don't know whether he studies the game, learns the game, or what. He's at a great club where they play fantastic football week-in, week-out, and I'm just surprised he's never developed his game."

Waddle admits that he was surprised to see Walcott in the squad ahead of in-form Manchester City winger Adam Johnson and does not feel the hat-trick he scored against Croatia warrants his continued inclusion.

"I'm surprised Walcott was in the squad," Waddle said. "He doesn't play a lot of football, he hasn't done anything. He hasn't done anything for a long time and I think Croatia was a one-off.

"I just think he's got a lot to learn. I've been more impressed by Adam Johnson at Manchester City than Theo Walcott."

Former England boss Graham Taylor agreed with Waddle. "I'm not going to be in any disagreement at all," he said. "I haven't seen the improvement of Theo Walcott in terms of what Chris is saying of reading the game. I just haven't seen it. I just see a problem there."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-cup/story/_/id/750456/ce/uk/?cc=5739&ver=global

LOL AT ONLY 37% FIT...

Walcott looks brighter for England, less tekkers needed. TBH it's just worrying when any team looks to him for their inspiration, which is what England did until the goal. SMH... The flip side of the coin is he really should have left that pitch with an assist, but hey Fat Frank f*cked that up.

Anywho bar injury he is going. At the expense of SWP and/or Carlton Cole.

LOL AT ONLY 37% FIT...

Walcott looks brighter for England, less tekkers needed. TBH it's just worrying when any team looks to him for their inspiration, which is what England did until the goal. SMH... The flip side of the coin is he really should have left that pitch with an assist, but hey Fat Frank f*cked that up.

Anywho bar injury he is going. At the expense of SWP and/or Carlton Cole.

Just thinking about that pisses me off.

100% SWP should defo go.

It's a toss up between CC & TW if his fit but I'm leaning towards Theo joining SWP.

1. Green

2. James

3. Hart

4. Brown

5. Johnson

6. Cole

7. Bridge or Baines

8. Terry

9. Rio

10. Upson

11. Lescott

12. Lampard

13. Gerrard

14. Barry

15. Beckham

16. Carrick

17. Milner

18. Lennon/SWP

19. Walcott

20. Rooney

21. Defoe

22. Crouch

23. Heskey

Stand: Foster, Warnock if no Bridge, Downing, C. Cole, A. Young, Cahill.

Quote me.

1. Green

2. James

3. Hart

4. Brown

5. Johnson

6. Cole

7. Bridge or Baines

8. Terry

9. Rio

10. Upson

11. Lescott

12. Lampard

13. Gerrard

14. Barry

15. Beckham

16. Carrick

17. Milner

18. Lennon/SWP

19. Walcott

20. Rooney

21. Defoe

22. Crouch

23. Heskey

Stand: Foster, Warnock if no Bridge, Downing, C. Cole, A. Young, Cahill.

Quote me.

Dont think we will take 8 defenders tbh

Lescott can cover LB and CB

Brown can cover RB and CB

/

If walcott goes over Ashley Young or Lennon or SWP I will be extremely pissed off

/

No J.Cole?

/

Sad for Phil Jag he could have got a place as well

Now harry will try a ting were he's guna drop bars like " Crouchy has been in fantastic form so i had to put him in the team" Then we proceed to hoof the ball up for 90 mins and get knocked out of FA CUP smh

LOL da way i can picture redknap sayin dat aswell

lol c/s

crouchy boy though>>>

man shud take owen as well though in some david platt role f*ck it

Take 8 defenders if the first choice 8 stay fit, but if one gets injured then Capello wont replace them with the likes of Cahill, Shawcross, etc...

Ashley Young isn't going. FACT. Walcott will go as the fifth striker/right winger. TBH I still think its Lennon or SWP, rather than Walcott, SWP or Lennon.

Joe Cole wont go cos he wont get in the Chelsea team much before season end. From time I'VE got Downing listed as more chance as a standby than Cole, I know something is wrong with the World.

Green, James Hart

Johnson, Brown

Rio, Terry, Upson

Cole, Warnock

Lampard, Barry, Gerrard, Carrick, Beckham

Walcott, Milner, Lennon, Downing

Rooney, Heskey, Defoe, Crouch

Will be the 23 I reckon, as it stands.

If Hargreaves is fit I reckon Brown and Warnock won't go and he and Lescott will.

If Joe Cole gets playing and in form he'll sacrifice one of Lennon or Walcott depending on form.

Baines was crap, he and Warnock will both be in the provisional squad and get looked at in the friendlies before.

Downing will go unless he's in awful form because he's the only left footed winger we've got really, you need someone who can put a cross in from a wide area from deep. Otherwise when we need a goal you're relying on the guys who are best at getting in behind, and when top class defences do that - raw pace aint getting nowhere.

If Downing's doing d*ck all Adam Johnson will go I reckon.

Injuries permitting -

Green

Johnson - Rio - Terry - Cole

Lampard - Barry

Walcott - Rooney - Gerrard

Heskey

Will be the team I reckon. Although I hope he plays James in goal.