Fabregas

TF S4DK

Arsène Wenger believes Arsenal's success in keeping Cesc Fabregas at Emirates Stadium is a victory for football in general.On Friday lunchtime, the Spanish midfielder ended a summer of speculation by declaring he would be staying in North London after all. A few hours later in Warsaw, his manager got his opportunity to talk on the matter ahead of the pre-season friendly against Legia.Wenger was clearly delighted at the day's developments and suggested that, by rebuffing Barcelona, Arsenal were showing that footballing success need not be based on the cheque-book alone."It is important for football that players do not move away," he said. "That nobody can just come in and say 'we want him and you go'. So it is important that the policy we entered into a few years ago is productive. And I believe for the whole football world that it is massively important that Arsenal is successful and that there is not only one way have success in football - to just put a huge amount of money in."The situation with Cesc is like the announcement," he went on. "To make a transfer you need the agreement of the three parties and it is as simple as that. Overall we were never in a position where we wanted Fabregas to go. We feel that we have invested a lot of energy and work in creating a team of young players. We want them to stay at the Club and show that our policy works and is efficient. He is part of our plans."The decision of Cesc Fabregas to stay at Arsenal is a ‘huge lift for everyone', according to Arsène WengerOn Thursday, the Spanish midfielder trained with his club-mates for the first time since winning the World Cup in July. A day later, he declared his intention to stay at Emirates Stadium despite intense interest from Barcelona. Later that same day in Poland, Wenger outlined the importance of that decision."He is our captain, he is our leader," said the Frenchman ahead of Saturday's friendly at Legia Warsaw."You could see yesterday in the training session how much a lift it is for everybody who loves Arsenal. When I was at the World Cup I met so many people in South Africa and the first thing I heard was ‘don't let Fabregas go'. That means it is a huge lift for everybody who loves the Club."The situation is as it is," Wenger added. "I believe it is important in my job that I do not come out with private conversations I have with the players. That would be unfair."But Cesc has come out today to clear the air. It was very important for us that Cesc did that clearly and that we can move on from now."We are one week away from the start of the season so just we want to be focused and settled now."

Barcelona midfielder Xavi insists Cesc Fabregas's stay at Arsenal could only be temporary. The Gunners captain, subject to speculation regarding a move to the Nou Camp, revealed last week he would remain at the Emirates. Xavi said: "We've given up on the idea of him arriving now but maybe he'll come in January when Arsenal are out of the Premier League race. They can't just hold him against his will."/ darkman because arsenal fans write that drivel

Guest haze-e
Barcelona midfielder Xavi insists Cesc Fabregas's stay at Arsenal could only be temporary. The Gunners captain, subject to speculation regarding a move to the Nou Camp, revealed last week he would remain at the Emirates. Xavi said: "We've given up on the idea of him arriving now but maybe he'll come in January when Arsenal are out of the Premier League race. They can't just hold him against his will."/ darkman because arsenal fans write that drivel
Peak. Bars for days. How can man say in Jan when Arsenal are out of the title race.

Pep Guardiola has admitted Arsenal were right to keep Cesc Fabregas because he would not have let the midfielder leave either.Barcelona finally conceded defeat in their efforts to sign Fabregas this summer after he announced on Friday he would be staying at Emirates Stadium.The Spaniard had been tempted by a move back to Camp Nou and Barca tabled two offers for his services but the Gunners held firm.Arsene Wenger sees Fabregas as key to Arsenal's chances of success this season and Guardiola recognises why the player was not allowed to move on."I understand Arsenal and I understand Wenger, I wouldn't have let him leave either," he told reporters after Barca concluded their Asian tour with a 3-0 win over Beijing Guoan on Sunday."I just hope Cesc carries on enjoying what is such a special and competitive league, the Premier."Guardiola insists the failure to sign Fabregas will not alter his preparations for the coming season."I'm not worried about those that aren't here, it won't affect any of our plans," he said."The market is open until the end of the month and we will look to see what we can find but there's no hurry."We have a great squad to compete in all competitions and that is our objective once more."

CESC IS NOT THE NEW CRISTIANO RONALDO ARSENE WENGER insists Cesc Fabregas is not the new Cristiano Ronaldo - because there is no deal to let him go next summer.And the Gunners boss has more immediate worries after this knockabout friendly. Like how to sort out his defence and goalkeeping situation before his team face Liverpool next Sunday.Some shocking defending gifted Legia a 3-0 lead and a spirited comeback could not disguise the Gunners' weaknesses.But after the game, Wenger was clear only on the subject of Fabregas and his abandoned move to Barcelona.He said: "We are not in a Cristiano Ronaldo case at all."Fabregas is one of our best players and we want him to stay. He will be our captain this season and we hope for many seasons."

Barcelona midfielder Xavi insists Cesc Fabregas's stay at Arsenal could only be temporary. The Gunners captain, subject to speculation regarding a move to the Nou Camp, revealed last week he would remain at the Emirates. Xavi said: "We've given up on the idea of him arriving now but maybe he'll come in January when Arsenal are out of the Premier League race. They can't just hold him against his will."
How can he par?I don't know whether to be angry or laugh. Them man have NO MANNERS. :D :D

more of xavi paring arsenal

spanish midfielder Xavi has reopened the can of worms surrounding the future of Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas by insisting Barcelona have not given up hope of bringing the Catalan home.The 30-year-old Barca star is desperate for his World Cup-winning team-mate to join him at the Nou Camp this season following a summer of relentless speculation surrounding the Arsenal talisman.GEAR: Get a Fabregas shirtFabregas, 23, put an end to the rumours last Friday by insisting he was staying at Emirates Stadium for another season, but now Xavi believes a deal could be struck in January if the Gunners fail to get off to a winning start.“Nobody at Barca has given up on the Cesc [Fabregas] deal. We have made that very clear," Barca's mercurial midfield maestro said, as reported by the Daily Star.“If Arsenal are way behind Chelsea and Manchester United in the league by the January transfer window and out of Europe, then Cesc will be even more disheartened with the club than he is now.“If that is the case I don’t see how they could stop him coming in January.”History suggests that last season's La Liga champions seldom conduct major moves in the winter transfer window, making any move for Fabregas in January unlikely, much to Xavi's frustration.“You should never cage an animal that is meant to be in the wild and you can’t cage a player of Cesc’s talent," Xavi continued. “He needs to be at a club where he can win trophies.”“Without him they [Arsenal] have no chance of major trophies but if they can’t assemble a squad to challenge for them, then it’s just not fair to keep Cesc against his will.“He has given sweat, blood and tears for the club's cause but has just not had the necessary quality around him in order to win trophies."Arsenal reportedly turned down a £40 million Barca-bid for Fabregas on Sunday and will be hoping the saga is now over, until next year.By James Martini
true say is from the Daily Star so u never know lol