Over Said Phrases

Guest Esquilax

im on a bit of a white boy phrase trend atm

faves include

jesus wept

chrissssssssst almighty

like to add some northern twang as a pissstake randomly

aaayy ooop... im goin t' central...fookin ell lad

infact any of lad matey and fella when around white folk as a sly send but none o f them get it

:lol: :lol: :lol:

'cause it wasn't me, it was just what I was used to

like tracksuits, I used to wear them all the time, now I only wear them for lounging and sports 'cause I weren't feeling the way I was looking in them and the impression I assumed it gave off (because I had the same impression of others who wore the same stuff / used the same slang)

truss

big

snm

deep

still

next

overly

madness

developed a habit of calling shopman 'fella', want to stop, hate the way it sounds.

pretty much cut swearing out of my speech, only use it when i mean it or to emphasize or for comedy purposes,

want to cut out phrases like 'do you' and 'live your life init' because there beyond annoying.

also i'm in bristol a lot and I pick up their way of speaking way to easily, like the accent and phrases like 'cheers then'

oh yeah, ever since I've been to uni, the phrases "bad times" and similar ( "___ times" ) seem to be beyond overused by everyone around me, quite annoying - like if it was reminiscing about how things used to be that'd be fine, but like if you describe your day that happened to be sh*t you'd get a response "bad times", just really bugs me

also people using the statement "fail", and "epic" and "lol" in general conversation has become annoying

• Downvote 1

to be honest/ if I'm being honest

not gonna lie

basically

"f*ckin' ell" is how I mostly express disgust or surprise these days. Think I've lost quite a bit of slang not that I used a lot before. My mate keeps calling me bro in conversation its getting a bit awkward even though we're like brothers.