The Official Quotes Thread

iam_the_akay

not a quote but i just read this and thought it was amusing:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: the best way to argue against conspiracy theories is to do a basic reductio ad absurdum.

Let's suppose the conspiracy theories are true. Then if they are true, the United States government can cover up (pick one or more):

- That Osama bin Laden lives

- That aliens landed in Roswell, NM

- That 9/11 was an attack staged by the military-industrial complex and the Federal government

- That the Apollo moon landings, all of them, were faked.

- That the world is ruled by alien lizard overlords (I didn't make that one up)

On the other hand, the United States government cannot cover up:

- A hotel break-in

- A warrantless wiretapping program

- President Carter being attacked by a swimming rabbit

- Fellatio

• 2 weeks later...

dont eat from a bowl of nuts left for everyone

barr people just goin for this wen i saw a report that stated urine (not much) was detected in random tedts they did coz people hit the yoilet n dnt wash their hands

also, id like to twist the ear of whoever decided to put inward opening doorsin toilets at work. i just know that handle has aids in it, needs holdin with a tossue

"I lied... I said you were the truth, you took it as the truth

and now I got you, but I dont want you like that

there only lives one love, and of that you can't compare to

and that's the bare naked truth"

"Everybody knows... that Badger loves... mash potatoe!"

"I'm a Tot, Je suis une Tot, Tilly, Tom and Tiny"

"it's megamorphin power time!"

"Got a main bitch (wadelse) and got a mistress..."

"You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly"

"We are soldiers, in the army, we got to fight, although we have to cry, we got to, hold on to the bloodstained banner, we gotta hold it up until we die

my mother, she was a soldier (oh yes), she had her hand on the gospel plow, one day she got old she couldn't fight anymore she said "I'll stand here and fight anyhow!"

praise the lord

The unlucky are nothing more than a frame of reference for the lucky. You are unlucky, so I may know that I am not. Unfortunately the lucky never realizes they are lucky until it's too late. Take yourself for instance; yesterday you were better off than you are off today but it took today for you to realize it. But today has arrived and it's too late. You see? People are never happy with what they have. They want what they had, or what someone else has.
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Two little mice fell in a bucket of cream. The first mouse quickly gave up and drowned. The second mouse, wouldn't quit. He struggled so hard that eventually he churned that cream into butter and crawled out.

sh*t what film is this from!? Christopher walking says it to sum1 but i forgot now...

• 1 month later...

post up dem african folktales ones. my friend told me some had me bussin.

they're always animal focused lol : "the hen cannot outpace the rat when pregnant" kinda sh*t

Every morning in Africa, a Gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning a Lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest Gazelle or it will starve to death. It doesn't matter whether you are a Lion or a Gazelle... when the sun comes up, you'd better be running

thats one i remember there are loads of funny ones cant remember them for the life of me