Do you lot agree with this kind of parenting

Guest M12

i very rarely smacked my daughter, most of the time shouting or an angry face would do the job, her mum smacks her a bit more than me, my daughter has grown up to be a very respectful and polite little girl.

I guess with a boy a bit more may be needed, but generally i think a shout and a smack should scare them enough, u gotto just establish the authority from early.

There are rights and wrongs in this vid imo

The explanation of what was done wrong is spot on imo, my Mother did this

The hair and eyebrow cutting as a punishment can be justified by the parent, bbecause it will remain in the childs memory as to know that if you act like a clown you will appear as one.

But at the same time I personally would avoid such punishments because your child is also a representative of you in character and visually hence i would find it hard to do that, but as a one of to really hit home something similar could be deployed.

The licks, personally if you're going to use a belt I again would use my Mums system where she would list the offences and assign a certain number to them so it's not just indiscriminate beating, so lets say you get 10 for swearing at your teacher.

That military shit I don't condone in the manner he applied it, I'd rather an approach as MK described where he was made to do the knees and broom balance thing, that will build discipline and character without putting a young fragile body at risk.

Lastly the documentation and uploading of the whole thing I felt unnecessary.

However...

This kid could either grow up really resenting his father or really respecting him, depending on how their relationship is outside of this video, if it's a strained relationship where the kid can't be free with his dad and enjoy his company without fear of "stepping out of line" then the former would be the most likely scenario but we don;t know so...

Guest M12 Part 2

That military shit I don't condone in the manner he applied it, I'd rather an approach as MK described where he was made to do the knees and broom balance thing, that will build discipline and character without putting a young fragile body at risk.

This is one thing i really dont understand. Hitting a fleshy part of the body like a kids arse with the leather part of a belt cannot do any long term harm. No matter how hard you swing the belt.

Holding your arms above your head for long periods of time or balancing on one leg and a lot of the punishments ive heard in particular from nigerian children are far more dangerous. you can develop strains and other problems with your muscles long term doing things like that.

/

reminds me one of my nigerian bredrins used to say his strength came from having to face the wall and hold his schoolbag above his head when he was bad. :lol:

This is one thing i really dont understand. Hitting a fleshy part of the body like a kids arse with the leather part of a belt cannot do any long term harm. No matter how hard you swing the belt.

What do you mean by this?

Those Nigerian PoW/stress positions are hilarious.

The parents taunt them as they do it laugh.gif

MAN SAID PRISONER OF WAR :lol: :lol:

/

building a warrior right there with the military shit and excessive beating

but is that really a good thing?

hope he is still able to chill with his dad rather than being frightened of him

imo being scared to dissapoint ur parents far outweighs being beaten by them

Guest Portuguese

Beats was a good thing for me it helped me fear and respect my parents.(Aunts and Uncles)

1. Hand stand with feet on the wall if dropped the belt would come out

2. Pepper in my eyes

3. One uncle made me trade punches with him when I was 14

4. Clamped with the belt buckle only for ten minutes straight

5. Wash in cold water

/

C/S about the Michael Kyle method that's the route I am taking

• Downvote 1

Guest M12 Part 2

Beats was a good thing for me it helped me fear and respect my parents.(Aunts and Uncles)

2. Pepper in my eyes

5. Wash in cold water

/

:lol:

your defo Angolan fam them hard body punishments.

can imagine one aff uncle saying " i will put hot peppeh in your eye!"

*with that face where their eyes open wide and they emphasise every word*

• Upvote 3

Guest Portuguese

2. Pepper in my eyes

5. Wash in cold water

/

your defo Angolan fam

Congolese

• Upvote 1

Guest Portuguese

2. Pepper in my eyes

5. Wash in cold water

/

your defo Angolan fam

Congolese

/

Only Congolese received pepper in their eyes

Lol.

The only gripe i really had about the video was the swearing. Shouldn't be swearing around kids no matter how angry you are.

But oui, this the kind of beatings i got. Explantion > Beating > "Why are you crying? Should i give you something to cry for??" After ive just been fucking beaten. :lol:

i can agree with his form of parenting, and i dont have an issue with what he did to punish like in boot camp

i have a problem with the belting as i think smacking should be an instant type of reaction, not a pre meditated action

the child will get used to it. My dad used to smack us at times, but my mum rarely smacked, she would punish physically and in ways we feared far more than smacking.

the problem with smacking is that it introduces the child to violence, and plants that seed in them that will grow, and if other areas of parenting are lacking then that person will fall back on violence as the first resort, not thinking first

the biggest problem i have is him becoming an internet parent.no one asked him for his stats, nor do i care what steps he's taken to raise his child. When i meet that child on the street or as he grows up, thats when we'll know how effective he is as a parent.

no one apart from those directly around the child's life and development need to see or be aware of his parenting.

embarrassing children on the internet and himself is just foolish and im sick of seeing such video parents like they want me to reward them for being a disciplined parent.

raise your child well in your home, and the results will be seen in the outside world, without the need for no "likes" and page views.

• Upvote 1

2. Pepper in my eyes

5. Wash in cold water

/

your defo Angolan fam

Congolese

/

Only Congolese received pepper in their eyes

Pepper in eyes/bum/lower regins is used in quite a lot of African countries.