How Often Were you off school sick as a younger

Guest M12

Used to fake sometimes, when I couldn't be arsed with school

Mum would be ON IT though

'Right, go upstairs to bed and rest if you're ill'

*walk downstairs to get a drink*

'OH, SO YOU'RE WELL ENOUGH TO BE WALKING AROUND THEN EH?'

Lol...c/s...memories boi

even when i was actually ill...just a common cold...but i made out like it was major sometimes, lol

I would play the Gameboy whilst "resting" and listen for my mums footsteps down the passage and hide it under the covers and pretend to sleep

There were very few occasions where she would confiscate the Gameboy and say "i thought you were sick?...give me the dyam ting".....then take the batteries out and fling it bk down

Used to fake sometimes, when I couldn't be arsed with school

Mum would be ON IT though

'Right, go upstairs to bed and rest if you're ill'

*walk downstairs to get a drink*

'OH, SO YOU'RE WELL ENOUGH TO BE WALKING AROUND THEN EH?'

:lol: my mum exactly.

During Primary school I was constantly ill with tonsillitis, got so bad my mum had to beg the G.P. to allow me to have it out coz of my bad attendance.

Secondary school wasn't so bad though

Lol, thing is if I'm genuinely ill and not asleep I'll be watching tv or playing video games, why is it not allowed? Unless ur on death's door u still need entertainment, it was hard to balance hunger with a pretend loss of appetite as well, "I think I'll just try sum bread and butter mum"

had 100% attendance in year 5 or 6

secondary was good until year 9 onwards would fake illness all the time, attendance went into the 60s and they threatened to call my mum bare times but never did

when your mum goes work and leaves before you, it can be really hard to leave if you can't be fucked or if you have work due in you haven't done

Hardly ever off sick

mum wouldnt allow it

and if i was i wernt allowed to watch tv, listen to music or anything... got to the point where i was better off going school

i remember i had surgery and they were like dont leave bed for 1 week.... after 3 days i was in school.

BUT my attendance was shocking think i bunked off 39 days in a row.... worst thing is man used to bunk IN school.

One Turkish guy and Kurdish guy I rate to this day them man bunked of school and went to chessitons (sp) in their school uniform plus they sneaked it they had to do lessons with our head of year ms brown for 2 months how u pit in all that effort and not change to normal

Clothes security hotted them they clocked the gladesmore uniform

Big up asif and cengiz on this ting legends to me

Next breh at school thought he has left until I see him in march with some kinda social worker with him in the class all this time this d*ck head was bunking

1 of my boys hardly ever came school

I'm talkin 7days of a term he wud b there

Real fukd up family he had.. His pops was a banger racer n he wud never let him roll wiv us outside of skl or after skl

Even in secondary skl my boy was hardly there

N then in the last year he made a appearance for a full month

Funniest boy I ever met.. Wen he was at skl he wud get pure love

Thinking about it I think his dad abused him or sumin as he always had a broken arm or was on crutches [due to banger racing accidents]

*searches for him on fb*

Hardly ever off sick

mum wouldnt allow it

and if i was i wernt allowed to watch tv, listen to music or anything... got to the point where i was better off going school

This lol at staying home sick nothing to do in my yard.

but i remember we all used to bunk to go sega world every now and then that was sick.

also post year 8 used to skip school all the time, and by the time i got to college....lol.

/

i remember 1 white boy he was off for a good 2-3 years i swear he faked having leukaemia and shaved his head obviously his paents (white trash) were duplicitous in the deceit.

Hardly ever off sick

mum wouldnt allow it

This lol at staying home sick nothing to do in my yard.

but i remember we all used to bunk to go sega world every now and then that was sick.

also post year 8 used to skip school all the time, and by the time i got to college....lol.

/

i remember 1 white boy he was off for a good 2-3 years i swear he faked having leukaemia and shaved his head obviously his paents (white trash) were duplicitous in the deceit.

One of my old 'friend's did this. 'Borrowed' a mates car without him knowing when they were out, crashed it. Hours later everyone found the car and he had ran off leaving it wrapped round a tree.

Few months later came back to school, he had officially changed his name to something like Max Power or one of them kinda names.

Then had a few months off, came back with a wig telling everyone he's got cancer or something.

Primary school = Perfect attendance. Like M12 said, it really is the hard body immune system and diet. Cheese flans and smiley faces were foreign foods in my house.

Secondary school = Same. One guy was constantly missing tho, think he was part pikey, never there. One day he turned up after a 2 year hiatus I swear.

LOL @ bunking IN school too real.

LOL @ getting forced in school no matter what. I strained my neck badly once. Could not look left or right at all. Was still in 1st period... turning my whole body like Robocop to look left/right in a boys school to escape a rush is something else.

• Upvote 1

Primary school think I may have missed two weeks for tonsils out and chicken pox.

Secondary and sixth form I actually got 100% attendance from Y7 up until Year 12 when I went to Barbados for my Dad's wedding for a week.

School said it would count as authorised absence then head of sixth form (some bitch) said it was unauthorised

Bunked loads y11-13 though- bunking in school to much! Remember one day registering in the morning, playing football in the park all day then afternoon register.

Croydon Ikea/ McDonalds trips when people got cars >>>>>>>

Strategic bunking in Library to finish a coursework before deadline >>>

• Upvote 1

One of my old 'friend's did this. 'Borrowed' a mates car without him knowing when they were out, crashed it. Hours later everyone found the car and he had ran off leaving it wrapped round a tree.

Few months later came back to school, he had officially changed his name to something like Max Power or one of them kinda names.

Then had a few months off, came back with a wig telling everyone he's got cancer or something.

LOL