Heard through the 'great' vine that 'arry is out the door today

Fighting Weight

guys swear gonna buy this book

After about four games of this, he came to see me. ‘I’ve got a mate,’ he said. ‘He was asking if he could have a trial. He’s a striker, like me.’

CARL RICHARDS

This deal wasn’t Wright

One of my favourite signings, and not just from my Bournemouth days, was a striker called Carl Richards. I took him from Enfield and he was a real one-off. He was a big lad, and looked more like Carl Lewis.

I bought Carl for £10,000, went to pick him up from Enfield and while he went in to say goodbye to his manager, he left me with his mate.

‘What are you signing him for?’ said this kid. ‘I’m 10 times better than him. I’ve got 26 goals this season, he’s only got 12. I’m different class than him. Why don’t you sign me?’

I was worried. ‘I can’t buy you, I’m buying him,’ I told Carl’s mate, ‘but I’ll keep an eye out for you, don’t worry.’

So we took Carl and he was absolutely useless. He could run, but that was about it. We played about six games, couldn’t win one. Carl was terrible.

article-2451421-00004FEB00000CB2-494_634

Carl Richards on the far right

‘And is he as good as you, Carl?’ I asked, suspiciously. ‘No, he’s not as good as me,’ he said, ‘but he’s decent.’

‘Well, tell him not to f***ing bother then,’ I snapped, and that was the end of it.

The following Saturday, we went to play Crystal Palace. ‘My mate, the one who wanted a trial, he’s playing for Palace today,’ said Carl. ‘Oh good,’ I thought. ‘No problem there then.’

Anyway, three goals later I realised Carl wasn’t much of a scout, either. His mate’s name? Ian Wright, who went on to score 238 league goals.

Yet Carl ended up doing fantastic for Bournemouth and I loved him to bits.

• Upvote 4

article-2451421-002E78D300000258-844_634

He had such a focused outlook that even the slightest disturbance on the training field would send him into a rage. He would come storming off. ‘Hey, f***ing gaffer, hey boss! We are warming up, we are supposed to be stretching. Razor Ruddock, he is talking about drinking last night, he is talking about sh***ing — how can this be right? This is not right.’

He was high-maintenance but I told the young lads to watch and learn. Paolo was as fit as a fiddle; a fanatic about conditioning, a brilliant, committed footballer. And a handful.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2451421/Harry-Redknapp-book-The-stories-maddest-transfer-deals--Paulo-Futre-Amdy-Faye-Paolo-Di-Canio-more.html#ixzz2hJwGvTGK 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

• Upvote 1

redknapp-rosie_2118140b.jpg

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/9041797/Harry-Redknapp-I-cant-spell-and-I-write-like-a-2-year-old.html

"In tape recordings played at Southwark Crown Court, Redknapp said: "I can't work a computer, I don't know what an email is, I can't, I have never sent a fax and I've never even sent a text message."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1099157/Blackburn-3-Stoke-0-Allardyce-starts-style-Santa-heads-18m-move.html#ixzz2hEZdOE6S

"Allardyce revelled in his early taste of success. 'I was tempted to ring Harry Redknapp and ask how he did this Midas Touch thing,' he joked. 'In the end, Harry sent me a text wishing me luck."

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/Stoke-City-Pulis-set-contact-Redknapp-cup-final-plans/story-12500416-detail/story.html#ixzz2hEZNFBTs

"He (Harry) sent me a text after the semi-final and I will ring him to find out how he prepared for the final with Portsmouth."

• Upvote 1

Bosingwa sending back

"Never forced anyone to give me that salary in QPR"

"If he thought it was a high salary for QPR why he hired two players to receive even more?"

"How can he do technical analysis on players if in the practices Redknapp spends time negotiating with agents?"

"Thinks he's like ferguson, but there is a difference: in his long career, just won a title"

"Doesn't seem to know what he says. It's confusing.Must be the age or the wine he drinks every morning"

Jos--Bosignwa-008.jpg

However, speaking ahead of England's vital World Cup qualifier against Montenegro on Friday, Gerrard said: "I can clear it up. I didn't text Harry Redknapp's personal phone, I have never had his personal number.

"But I am a big fan of Harry's and close friends with Jamie (Redknapp's son, a former Liverpool and England midfielder).

"I had a conversation with Jamie round about that time when Harry was on everyone's lips. He was the favourite and it was only a matter of days before he was going to be manager.

"I said to Jamie on the phone 'send the best to your dad and, if he gets the job, we'll all back him and we'll support him'.

"Very soon after that, the FA decided that Roy Hodgson would be the next manager and I think, from the first conversation I had with Roy, I tried to back him and give him my best, and I was absolutely delighted he got the job.

"I've worked with him before, he made me captain, and I think I've played my most consistent football under Roy, so I've got a lot to thank him for."

Presumably you giggled along with Mediawatch on Thursday when Steven Gerrard flat-out refuted Harry Redknapp's claim that he had received an enthusiastic text from the England captain backing him as manager. "I didn't text Harry Redknapp's personal phone. I have never had his number," said Gerrard. Hmmmm, who to believe?

Flying rather more under the radar was this story from Thursday's serialisation of Redknapp's book in the Daily Mail...

'One of my favourite signings, and not just from my Bournemouth days, was a striker called Carl Richards. I took him from Enfield and he was a real one-off. He was a big lad, and looked more like Carl Lewis. I bought Carl for £10,000, went to pick him up from Enfield and while he went in to say goodbye to his manager, he left me with his mate.

''What are you signing him for?' said this kid. 'I'm 10 times better than him. I've got 26 goals this season, he's only got 12. I'm different class than him. Why don't you sign me?' I was worried. 'I can't buy you, I'm buying him,' I told Carl's mate, 'but I'll keep an eye out for you, don't worry.'

'So we took Carl and he was absolutely useless. He could run, but that was about it. We played about six games, couldn't win one. Carl was terrible. After about four games of this, he came to see me. 'I've got a mate,' he said. 'He was asking if he could have a trial. He's a striker, like me.' 'And is he as good as you, Carl?' I asked, suspiciously. 'No, he's not as good as me,' he said, 'but he's decent.'

''Well, tell him not to f***ing bother then,' I snapped, and that was the end of it.

'The following Saturday, we went to play Crystal Palace. 'My mate, the one who wanted a trial, he's playing for Palace today,' said Carl. 'Oh good,' I thought. 'No problem there then.'

'Anyway, three goals later I realised Carl wasn't much of a scout, either. His mate's name? Ian Wright, who went on to score 238 league goals.'

What a cracking story. We can hear Harry cackling as he tells it, ending with a 'facking football, eh'.

Except, well, Carl Richards signed for Redknapp's Bournemouth in 1986, a whole year after Ian Wright had joined Crystal Palace. Oh and Palace didn't play Bournemouth until the 1987/88 season...by which time this 'unknown' Ian Wright was deep into his third, very successful season with the Eagles.

Harry Redknapp's autobiography is out soon: Available in all good bookshops in the 'Fiction' department.

• Upvote 7

:rofl:

Arry >>>>>>

Arey on Johnathan ross next week :lol:

:lol:

how long do the last?