Work & Life

Natalie

You not involved with the record label/publishing thing anymore TF?

Yeah, its a smooth ship now, most of the work I need to do can be done evenings and weekends (Hence why I can afford to take an entry level job somewhere else, would never consider it otherwise)

I did the car opportunity as tbh I was bored during the weeks, just chatting shit on here. Thinking I'll be old soon, wondering why I didn't work when my body and mind was more than capable.

Don't get me wrong, it's good and I've spent a lot of P and time, getting FCA registered and setting it all up, but I still want to be more busy (as I'm still on the net able to chat shit on here) and I think its the fact I'm still working alone and have been for YEARS, generally just been thinking I need to work in a team with others, as employment got me feeling like a recluse.

To get busier it requires advertising p, and bare in mind the size of the companies I've got to compete with to gain business only to give the business back to them... I'm like, I'm about to walk down a one way road, not spending OPM lol.

Maybe I should go work for someone first... However I can see I will have to spend my money and in years to come think back, remember when you was gonna work in a dealership :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: as I do record labels.

• Upvote 1

Guest Blacksheet

but I still want to be more busy (as I'm still on the net able to chat sh*t on here) and I think its the fact I'm still working alone and have been for YEARS, generally just been thinking I need to work in a team with others, as employment got me feeling like a recluse.

The real

had an interview for my ideal role with a private firm.. amazing perks. didnt get the managerial role but they gave me the side stepping role.. so i turned it down.

tbf though i got good feedback on my interview.. i wasnt as well prepared as i shouldve been, even though i know they already had someone lined up. 

@Em Dott.. are you quitting without having something yet? how come

@Em Dott.. are you quitting without having something yet? how come

My notice period is 2 months. For the level of experience I have most of my competition is on 1 month or less notice periods. I've been trying to line something up before leaving since October and i get the same feedback for all the jobs recruiters are putting me forward for..."the cv looks good but we can't wait that long". Unfortunately I cannot stay in this role any longer and without sounding arrogant I know I will get another job before the 2 months is over purely because once you have experience in accounting there are always jobs.

And as we're speaking about it, I'm handing it in on Monday and my manager is aware. She said I may even be able to negotiate a shorter notice period due to how well I've done. I can't wait in all honesty to hand it in. People this week have been taking the piss.

Yo steffidge any recommendations for Budapest tonight?

I'll copy n paste it when I'm on my Lapps

i delivered

wont help anyone much but u might get a kick out of it

all feedback welcomed

name's removed for data protection act 1998

I was picked up at 3.25am on the Thursday to drive down to Luton to fly to Budapest to ruin my body and brain in exchange for a confusing currency. We always get stupid morning flights with the lads and it's always downhill from there. Ziggy's stag to Magaluf was the same. We were all sat around the airport drinking by 4am shunning the t-shirts some old twat he works with had made for the occasion. I missed my flight back from there and almost missed my bird's mum's wedding. Fortunately for them I showed up just in time, red faced and steaming. A's little sister's fella's brother had to sort me a bag to stop me from dropping dead. But that's another story, we're talking about Budapest.

Budapest is a very nice, grand city with lots to see. It's known for it's ruin bars, it's thermal spas, it's Art Nouveau buildings and it's terrible customer service. We saw none of this, as is customary when going anywhere with the lads. It's important to avoid any culture shock possible when abroad and sit in shitty bars getting shitfaced being twats to each other. We did accidentally stroll into the most famous ruin bar actually, Szimple, on the last full day but we were so haggard from the non stop drinking that not even the palinkas could stave off the cold chill in there. Palinka is a strong fruit brandy apparently famous in Hungary which often didn't taste completely unlike a much more disgusting rakia from Croatia. Most bar women smirked as they poured them as if palinkas are a nation wide practical joke intended to rip off tourists and leave them with a sh*t taste in their mouth, not much indifferent to Budapest as a whole. We very very rarely drink shots at home so I have no idea where this sudden shot culture came from but I was dead against it from the beginning. I still put back every single one but I was dead against it from the beginning. The shots normally cost about double the beers, tripling the cost of what should have been dirt cheap rounds.

I also didn't notice the poor service which I'd been expecting, the general rule of thumb being that the further east you go in Europe the less f*cks they give but everyone was very accommodating of the loud bunch of chuckling semi disabled man babies we were being.

The bar staff were very patient with our singing and when we forgot to pay they simply reminded us kindly the following day while smirkily pouring more palinkas. The taxi drivers consistently arranged consistently average coke and didn't mind too much when nobody had enough money to pay for their multitude of services. D, however, did manage to end up with one angrily spitting through the letterbox at him on the second night.

I'm not sure we saw an awful lot of Budapest. We only sampled a small part of Pest, the eastern side of the Danube river. We didn't see much of the landmarks or any strip clubs or any whores.

Frustratingly we also failed to properly sample any of the local cuisine. I had been looking forward to a Hungarian goulash which they apparently correctly serve as a soup starter as opposed to a main like some heathens. Everyone was happy with our first meal which we ate in one of the first places we saw after dropping our bags off. We had our first palinkas there, upon D's insistence after some thorough Hungarian beverage research back at home on his laptop. He must have missed the part about the drink being a practical joke. He didn't enjoy it one bit: spluttering and tearing up at the table after forcing it down. If he knew the relentless tide of shots he'd opened the flood gates for I imagine he'd never have fired up Google. The palinkas began with tears and they'd certainly end in them.

I did the thing where I make someone else pick my meal when I'm spoilt for choice and worried about the opportunity cost. Normally my mates, having almost a unanimously awful taste in food across the board, try and choose something they deem most unworthy of digestion. It always ends up being delicious and something I probably wouldn't have chosen. Today it was foie gras, a first for me I believe, and this was no exception. It may not have been particuarly Hungarian but it was relatively exotic and at least a duck got to enjoy all that corn. Tasty force fed corn.

I had 3 more days to enjoy a typical Hungarian culinary experience but instead we would pathetically trundle to Mcdonalds 4 times in the 4 days, reluctantly following R, ever entranced by the evil golden arches. We even went when we got home. I didn't order anything in protest and sheer disgust but I finished off the leftovers. What used to wind me up the most (I'm numb to it now) about the lad's McDonalds habit is that 5 of them religiously order a 'PD' or 2 or 3 every time. PD stands for plain double cheeseburger around these parts and is by far the blandest possible dry piece of sh*t that they could possibly conjure up. R, a fan of abbreviations, initialisations and puns, started the cult and one by one the unbelievers fell for the rapture of the PD. No chips, no sauce, no plant matter. Just bread and dry processed meat. Ridiculous.

It's safe to say we didn't take advantage of the huge variety of eateries on offer to us. Other than Maccies, we went Burger King twice, once in both airports, to an independent American burger place and to a confused Mexican restaurant bar thing with reggae blasting downstairs and an escape game room, which are apparently a popular thing in Budapest. Inside the room was a knife wielding woman that bought us boiling hot pancakes with no plates and later 3 plastic bowls of cheesey chilli free of charge.

That was on the start of the third and final full day and I was an empty vessel from the constant drinking. It had taken me far too long that morning and all of my strength to even put my trainers on. I was seeing movements in the corners of my eyes by now as one does when days into a binge. After a few cans of the local beer life gradually became more bearable and I began checking out the wacky Fallout style décor while we all song along to Gregory Isaac's Night Nurse which I'd just learnt existed independently of the medicine advert. I peeked through an open door and had to do a double take at the naked mannequin's tits in there. When I grabbed R to show him what had caused my reaction, a dumpy Hungarian woman came out of nowhere jokingly prodding a huge knife at us. When she brought out the pancakes to burn our hands on later she disconcertingly looked around the corner and indicated we don't tell any one with a greasy finger to the lips.

3 of us retired from the sports bar that night before we had the chance to watch the Tyson and Klitschko fight. I'd been falling asleep in between slurred singing and missed it when Ro watched it on his phone back at the apartment but I woke up later and we all cried laughing at Tyson interview compilations. D and T stormed in at some point and turned off the lights, terrified because they'd jumped another taxi.

The next day was a living nightmare as return flight days normally are but this one was probably one of the worst. The cold dry Budapest air and dehydration had dried me up. My top lip was turning to dust and spots had dug their way out all over my face.

Wizz Air planes are unlawfully small. The seat in front was so close that I couldn't utilise the food tray as a pillow as is the usual strategy. I felt like the foie gras duck in a cage. I'd been force fed palinkas for days and now my liver was swollen and we were off to the slaughterhouse.

Horribly depressed the entire day, I avoided eye contact with anyone. I was questioning my friendships. It's not healthy or productive or particularly enjoyable to wake up hungover and immediately get bladdered and black out. It works with sunny beach side holidays but not cold city breaks. We could at least do with a buffer hour or so in the morning.

Budapest had left me with a bad taste in my mouth and if I'm being honest, I experience this feeling to various extents with all holidays with the lads I've had for years and any big binges now. Maybe I'm getting too old for it. Is it all just chemicals in my brain?

The only solace I had on the journey was that A would be waiting for me when I get home. I was feeling needy to say the least. I'd found out on the Friday that my surgery that I'd been waiting for for over a year was scheduled for the Wednesday the 2nd. I hadn't allowed to let that sink in or consider how this was going to affect our flights to Thailand on the 6th but I knew I wouldn't be in the best of moods once I did.

It was a freezing cold and sweat drenched night's sleep filled with bizarre dreams and the following night wasn't much better. We stayed in bed for most of the next few days watching Gomorra until it was time for strangers to cut my neck open and pull out a piece of me.

what i hate about my place is that they have incorporated HOT DESKING

that means you dont have your OWN designated seat...

EACH DAY YOU COME INTO WORK... YOU HAVE TO GO AND FIND A FUKING PC TO WORK AT... AND ALL YOUR TEAM MEMBERS ARE SCATTERED AROUND THE HUGE OFFICE FFS

ok i understand its to bring employees together by mixing/chatting etc... but ffs....

So handed in my notice today and it felt so good. Just need to get a job lined up and I'll be good. Got time to find a good position rather than accepting any bullshit.

Also feel like being in that role was making me so unhappy that coming home to study was a myth. Now though I feel a lot more positive about the studying.

• Upvote 2

Bit of a weird one at work

Got a new girl that has started in our cube.

Of course the hyenas are out and the office lothario has made his presence felt.

This guy is now always in our cube going through the same dry routines we have all seen him do before. Normally wouldn't give a crap but now it's happening next to me it's getting tiresome for all of us in here - especially when he tries to use one of us as an unwilling wing man.

End up just going off to make a tea now hoping he has fucked off by the time I come back.