Work & Life

Natalie

Finally received an email telling me that a formal offer will be coming on Monday. As long as all is kosher with the offer I'm done with the job hunt.

Happy to be sharing this positivity with all of you. Onwards and upwards and all the best with whatever you lot are after.

Excellent and could only imagine how relieved you are. Well done you should be proud

Just got a call confirming I have a job offer and they are matching my salary. Don't know what this recruiter said but props to him.

Thanks for all the positive vibrations you lot were sending my way. All i need to do alongside finding my feet quickly in this role is to complete my CIMA as soon as possible.

• Upvote 5

Slowly starting to believe that I'm in a job that is truly fulfilling for the first time, after a career of stepping-stoning. I really underestimated the impact work can have on my overall content.

I keep trying to tell people this, when they are chasing money for this job n that job...

its better to find the RIGHT role rather than the one that pays the most money, as whats the point in having dough if you your too miserable/discontent with your existence to enjoy it!

The happiest people in life are not always the richest!

At a crossroads right now with this

Your right, and it's more industry wise for me.

But with the way the world spins now with people trying to get on the property ladder, and not start families too late in life, whilst having decent disposable income, savings. Money is priority, just need that right balance.

Not one to claim woes as mine and not get on but the below is depressing reading.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/mar/07/revealed-30-year-economic-betrayal-dragging-down-generation-y-income

Guest Blacksheet

During you're 20's till retirement, most of your active life is spent at work. Imagine being stuck someone 5 days a week you couldn't stand or didn't find fulfilling.

Does any work from home?

Been headhunted for a role (same role i do now) but more money company car/ car allowance but its a home based job 

Dunno if I can motivate myself to work properly from home.

People share your experiences pros/cons please 

Feel to make a new topic - will see how it goes 

Working from home >

Need to make this year pop gnna take a few risks got to be top of the food chain

Buy a couple franchises and let them make money while i invest it into potentially a multi million pound company, sell it off and retire

Cant be earning anyone else money as my main source of income

Working from home for me was shit

Roll out of bed at 9.01 just so that I skype good morning to the team to show that im 'working'

Would take regular naps throughout the day and hope for the best

Go out a lot and just keep my laptop in the car

etc etc 

dunno maybe some people might enjoy doing that 

So to update you guys...

Had the interview and basically smashed it out park. It was basically Germany Brazil 7-1 levels of quality with the only blip being two of the answers to the technical questions I gave weren't as smooth as I wanted.

Fast forward to today, recruiter said that the interviewer loved me and whilst they still had a few more people to interview today, i was guaranteed a second stage interview. At this point I'm really happy and head back to work. 20 minutes later i get a text from him asking me to call him back but I'm under the kish with it being month end. So i check my personal email at lunchtime and he sent an email saying they want to see me again, tomorrow if possible.

So I speak on the phone to him about half an hour later and he says the woman who interviewed me was raving about me, how great i was to the financial controller so whilst i am waiting for email confirmation I have my second stage interview tomorrow morning at 8:30am booked and if this goes well I think I should have a job offer lined up already and still have over a month and a half to go of my notice period. Also the job is exactly the role I wanted and the company is in multiple countries so hopefully serious progression will be possible within the next 3-5 years as long as I work hard.

Will update tomorrow after the interview and thanks for all the well wishing. All appreciated and taken in.

I remember when you were studying in evenings getting them qualifications, bare venting thread posts lol.

Nice to read how you've got after all that, congrats

Does any work from home?

Been headhunted for a role (same role i do now) but more money company car/ car allowance but its a home based job 

Dunno if I can motivate myself to work properly from home.

People share your experiences pros/cons please 

Feel to make a new topic - will see how it goes 

Yeah.

Shout me for the company car :lmao:

Depends on your home situation and depends on how your work is tracked if at all...

For years I would have said working from home >

But as I've said in this topic before over the last 6 months I've started to think about and desire going to work...

I think a mixture of the two is a healthy balance. 

Although I find that when I used to work from home, i did more/longer work than I did if I was in the office, n you tend to just snack rather than having full blown meals away from your desk etc. 

Dude i used to work with swore by this, but hes abit of an anti-social c*nt anyway