Missing 5-year-old girl

Beavis

Never understood these people that try their hardest to make jokes about the latest death or tragedy, it doesn't bother me but I am sure they wouldn't like it if I started casually making jokes about one of their dead relatives, say their grandma or sister got kidnapped and raped, would they find it funny then?

Bit extreme to lock him up. Same with the muamba tweeter. I have one girl from Nottingham on my Facebook her sister has cancer. Some guy keeps posting on her page hope she dies etc I think that is an arrestable offence as it is harresement. I have a next girl on there from essex all what she does is cuss muslims etc i dont think she should be arrested. Things like rio and cashley being fined is a bit extreme I think it's a good tool people can say what they really think within reason. The whole thing is a giant grey area

His defo one of those try hard Facebook and Twitter guys. Thinking he was edgy.

April Jones murder: teenager jailed over offensive Facebook posts

Matthew Woods, 19, jailed for three months over 'abhorrent' comments about April Jones and Madeleine McCann

Matthew-Woods-Facebook-tr-008.jpg

A man who posted "despicable" comments on his Facebook page about the missing five-year-old April Jones has been jailed for 12 weeks.

Matthew Woods, 19, from Chorley, Lancashire, made derogatory posts about April and missing Madeleine McCann after getting the idea from Sickipedia, a website that "trades in sick jokes". Among his comments was: "I woke up this morning in the back of a transit van with two beautiful little girls, I found April in a hopeless place." Another read: "Who in their right mind would abduct a ginger kid?"

Others stated: "I love April Jones" and "Could have just started the greatest Facebook argument ever. April Fools, Who Wants Maddie?"

He also wrote comments of a sexually explicit nature about April, who went missing last week from near her home in Machynlleth, mid-Wales.

Woods, who is unemployed, was arrested for his own safety on Saturday night and was remanded in custody before his appearance at Chorley magistrates court on Monday, where he pleaded guilty to sending a message or other matter that is grossly offensive by means of a public electronic communications network.

The chairman of the bench, Bill Hudson, said Woods's comments were so serious and "abhorrent" that he deserved the longest sentence they could pass, less a third, to give credit for his early guilty plea. Hudson said: "We have listened to the evidence in what can only be described as a disgusting and despicable crime and the bench finds was completely abhorrent. The words and references used to the current case in Wales and that of the missing girl in Portugal are nothing less than shocking, so much so that no right thinking person in society should have communicated to them such fear and distress." He added that families involved in such cases should not have to be subjected to this type of misuse of social media.

Only a custodial term in a young offender institute was appropriate, Hudson said, which was greeted by applause from about 30 people in the public gallery.

He added: "The reason for the sentence is the seriousness of the offence, the public outrage that has been caused, and we felt there was no other sentence this court could have passed which conveys to you the abhorrence that many in society feel this crime should receive."

Woods smirked as members of the public clapped as he was led from the dock. Earlier in the day the same bench fined a man £100 for shouting racial abuse at a woman who had stopped her car beside him at a junction. In addition, the man was ordered to pay his victim £100 compensation for calling her a "f*ck*ng black c*nt".

Like i said you can't lock up any old d*ckhead because they take the piss out of the flavour of the month.

I blame the people stupid enough to actually give this idiot the attention he was aiming for.. Makes me laugh because i know the same people calling for this tr0lls head are probably the same people throwing up their arms saying

"why are all these muslims getting so pissy over a cartoon or spoof sketch"

• Upvote 5

Like i said you can't lock up any old d*ckhead because they take the piss out of the flavour of the month.

I blame the people stupid enough to actually give this idiot the attention he was aiming for.. Makes me laugh because i know the same people calling for this tr0lls head are probably the same people throwing up their arms saying

strong post

Earlier in the day the same bench fined a man £100 for shouting racial abuse at a woman who had stopped her car beside him at a junction. In addition, the man was ordered to pay his victim £100 compensation for calling her a "f*ck*ng black c*nt".

This to me is a more severe offence than the stupid jokes that are quoted

Its kinda f*cked coz a lot of people share 'black humour' on facebook when say a celebrity dies. and you have a website dedicated to it. i for one shared some MJ jokes here and there at the time, as did a lot of people on here, should we all be locked up?

strong post

Real talk