FA Cup 2013 - Round 5 & Champions League L16 / Europa L32

User

You'll regret those words today you man.

:rofl:

:lmao: 

>>>>>> TF

Epic fall off

Come like on FM when your Assistant Manager says

''Player X has shown a rapid decline in the last 6 months and no longer has the ability to perform at the level expected, although he should be kept around for the younger players''

:rofl: FFS 

colin dont like gays

Colin Kazim-Richards was raised as an Arsenal fan, trained with them as a promising schoolboy, and now takes them on in the FA Cup. On loan to Blackburn Rovers from Galatasaray, the confident Turkey international craves today’s high-profile chance to prove his footballing credentials to his critics.

“I’m 26 and still so hungry to do well,’’ said Kazim-Richards, sitting in a restaurant near Rovers' training ground on Friday. “I want my son to be able to say, ‘My dad was a good footballer’. I can look in the mirror, and say: ‘You know what Colin, you’ve done all right. You’ve come from Lea Bridge Road in Leyton to Alderley Edge.

“I’ve been to Bury, Brighton, Sheffield United, then Istanbul [Fenerbahce], France [on loan to Toulouse], back to Istanbul [Galatasaray], to Greece [Olympiakos], come back to Istanbul and now here. I have the ability. Ask anyone who’s played with me.

“I’ve scored against Chelsea in the Champions League. At Euro 2008, I was one of the best young players. I hit the bar twice in the semi-final against Germany. I gave Philipp Lahm, one of the best full-backs in the last 10 years, a good run for his money. Lukas Podolski came into the dressing room afterwards and we swapped shirts.

“I swapped shirts with Cristiano Ronaldo. No one can label me as a statistic. I’ve lived in amazing places. For a boy from Lea Bridge Road that’s cool.

“Leyton was very harsh, very rough. There’s a lot of guns, knives, drugs, robberies. My dad’s from Antigua and Barbuda and he was having fights with the National Front. My mum’s Turkish Cypriot and had me at 17.”

He said that at first there were tensions between the families. “Muslim and Christian, black and white. Now the families, Turkish and Antiguan, are like one.

“I live life to the fullest because I know life can be very short. My brother Rodney had Edwards Syndrome, missing the main chromosome. He lived for eight months then passed away. I lost a couple of cousins, one had a heart attack playing football at 16. Another had a brain haemorrhage and died in the bath. Another cousin had a car crash.

“I take pieces from both Islam and Christianity. I believe there’s one God who talks to everybody in different ways.

“I don’t pray but before I go out for matches I talk to my brother and cousins up there and they’ll give God the message for me. The first words are: ‘God, I want to thank you for the blessings you’ve given me and for the blessings in the future. Can you bless everyone in the stadium.’ “

He says that when he celebrates by pointing to the air, “that’s for Rodney”.

Kazim-Richards would particularly love to score today. “I was an Arsenal fan as a kid but there was no way we could afford to go to games. But I won tickets for being the best player in my team and sat on my dad’s shoulders in the Clock End at Highbury.

“My idol was Ian Wright because of his personality and the goals. He was on TV and I thought: ‘I’d love to do that. Him and [the Brazilian] Ronaldo ‘R9’, the best player ever. The way he could manipulate the ball and penetrate defences and score. R9 is all about the ‘Jogo Bonito’, the Beautiful Game.”

Kazim-Richards has had an eventful, occasionally controversial career to date, admitting: “I’ve got a name of being a bad egg.”

He said his personality clashed with Mark McGhee at Brighton. “We just did not like each other. That doesn’t mean I’m not a good man or good player. Neil Warnock resurrected my career at Sheffield United.”

He soon found himself at Fenerbahce, playing under an illustrious Brazilian. “I am partly the player I am today because of Zico; his one-on-one coaching is outrageous. He’d play against the staff every Friday and I’d sit there and watch. He couldn’t move because of his knees but his touch, the way he passed were unbelievable.”

He also learnt from Roberto Carlos. “He was the first one in training, last one out. He told me: ‘You need to enjoy your life but remember this is the work so you can enjoy your life’. He has €80-90 million in the bank, World Cup and Champions League medals, scored the best free-kick of all time and he was the best left-back of all time and he still had that dedication. Roberto Carlos made how left-backs play now. Look at the way Leighton Baines plays, Ashley Cole plays.

“I had a good game against Ashley, the best left-back in the world of the last 10 years, in the Champions League and scored. Zico said: ‘Try to penetrate their defence with your pace and strength.’ After the game, Didier Drogba came up and said ‘good goal’.”

He then moved to Galatasaray. “A lot of their fans weren’t having me because I came straight from Fener.”

Like between Liverpool and Manchester United? “Worse. In Istanbul it’s life and death. Football’s a religion, a big religion. You got mobbed. Wherever you go there are paparazzi. When Alex de Souza left Fenerbahce, there were 25,000 people at his house saying, ‘Please don’t go’.

“At Galatasaray, the fans would be there 10 hours before kick-off, having a party, drinking, jumping up and down, watching the big screen. When you walk on, you’ve got 50,000 already in. Each section would call you over, and you have to give three punches.”

Istanbul provided plenty of incident. “I was offered a lion for €22,000 in Istanbul. I contemplated it.”

He also almost suffered a fatal crash. “I was in an [bMW] M6, rear-wheel drive, it was pouring. I was going about 40kph, the car span and clipped the curb. It flipped about 10 times and then stopped about 10 feet from a 60-metre drop. Crazy. I got out. I checked my legs straight away and then my face. I realised my hand was hanging on by skin.”

He had time out from Istanbul with a season in Athens for Olympiakos. “Nothing compares to Gala-Fener but we did play Panathinaikos and it was mental. There was petrol bombs coming on the pitch. Proper bombs. They called the game off.”

A forthright individual, Kazim-Richards had a disagreement with his own fans during a Fenerbahce match. “I appreciate fans booing – it’s their club – but if I’ve given everything don’t disrespect us. The Fenerbahce fan was talking about my mum. I’m not going to have that. A lot of people in life don’t like direct people and I’m very direct. Neil Warnock was cool with that. Fatih Terim was very cool with it, very strong and direct.

“Michael Appleton is cool with that. He’s very direct. I’m enjoying my football here. The club is now stable. I can’t speak about what happened last season but, for me, Steve Kean was doing a good job while I was here. We were second in the league when he was sacked.

“Then after that, I don’t know what the hell happened.” He said the Henning Berg spell was “a blur. Not him personally. What was the point? Then the ‘gaffer’ [Appleton] came in and has done amazingly. Now we are on the right track”.

Not completely. Kazim-Richards is under investigation for allegedly making homophobic gestures towards Brighton fans on Tuesday.

He cannot discuss these very serious claims but does point out abuse he has received elsewhere. “I get more racist abuse for being Turkish than I do black. Over here, I get: ‘fat Turkish ----, go back to your country, go get your ------- kebabs’. I’ve been to a rugby game and I don’t hear rugby fans doing that. It’s a different set of people watching.

“I wind up the opposition. If I do a nice trick, I’ll wink at the player trying to mark me. When we played Ipswich Town, [Luke] Chambers was more bothered about holding me than watching the ball coming in and we managed to score. I said: ‘Stop holding me, man. Start concentrating’.”

He talks a lot on the pitch. “I want to win – I’m horrible when I lose – but that doesn’t mean I can’t appreciate a good pass. When Wayne Bridge did that [for Brighton], I told him: ‘------- great ball’. My dad instilled good ethics in me.”

• Upvote 3