Excluding Ronaldo and Messi

kerser

Neuer is erratic at times.

It doesn't excuse him of everything he does but it does give another side to it all

Neuer is probably the emblem of the modern sweeper-keeper – or, as in German, the“Antizipationskeeper” (“anticipating goalkeeper“). Sometimes, his style of play seems to be a bit too risky, even clumsy and spectacular. And sometimes, his genius doesn’t attract attention. The game of the DFB-team against the Netherlands featured an exemplary scene. As Arjen Robben receives a through ball, Neuer is already on his way. When Robben tries to get the ball in the box, Neuer lunges at him – although he misses the ball, it throws Robben off balance. Goal? No. A save against a non-crowded striker would have been less likely in a 1-on-1 from close range.

Take the game against Hamburg, where he disabled Heung-Min Son in the same way – he shifted the Hamburger into a worse position and gave his teammates time to run back. This does not always work – in the last season, Mainz (Ivanschitz) and Gladbach (Patrick Herrmann) scored each in a similar situation. In the first case, Ivanschitz was too cool and decisive, in the latter, Reus’ pass and Hermann’s good dribbling surpassed Bayern’s backward movement.

Neuer’s strengths, however, do not lie in his defensive abilities alone. In the closing stages against Italy, Neuer’s long ball was headed back, Andrea Pirlo passed the ball directly to the striker. There was no defender in sight, but Neuer (at the center line!) headed the ball back to the front. A dangerous counter from Italy became a renewed chance for the DFB-Elf.

The same happened in the closing stages against Leverkusen, where Neuer – after a weak ball reception, acting as centre-back – went into counter-pressing, won a dribbling in the last third of the pitch, asserted himself with a little luck and passed the ball to the side – if the Ball had not bounced off the crossbar, every Bayernfan would have erected a statue in Neuer’s honour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fhkox_9lsNw

He has outplayed Robert Lewandowski already twice this season: once when the latter was pressing in the League game (Neuer resolved the situation with a nice trick), and once when he ran out in the Supercup, indicating a long ball – and then he simply took the ball and passed it on to Boateng.

These actions and his control – sometimes up to 30 meters out of his box – makes it possible for Bayern to move out so aggressively, without any regard to the movements of the goalkeeper. This season only in the game against Gladbach we felt that his range was a bit extreme, even to our standards. Neuer always plays along and shifts with his team. His goalkicks, his drops, his reflexes and his irrepressible desire to win also strengthen the team.

Neuer is erratic at times.

It doesn't excuse him of everything he does but it does give another side to it all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fhkox_9lsNw

I have heard of the sweeper keeper but thats just crazy

lmao when his touch lets him down he tackles and skips past another challenge :lol:

/

Ozil consistently gets a few goals and 20 plus assists a season 

hes upper echelon. whose top 3 for real and germany porchy? actually interested in what u have to say on this 

Cristiano

Xabi

Ramos(defender I know)

/

Schweni is Germany's best player

As soon as Jochaim Low realises

Kroos

Gotze

Are better than Ozil than Germany wont be a semi final team anymore

Ozil is a top player but isn't that guy

Counter attacking play maker currently

Saying that I think Ozil could go to the next level if the following happens

He plays under a footballing coach

He shows guts

Porch hates oil

/

More worrying is xavi is being mentioned in 2013

Not even top 5 at barca anymore

Rapid decline

• Upvote 1

I don't hate him

Like I said

I think he will become that guy under a footballing coach and if he showed more guts

Ozil is at his best in counter attacking side currently

/

Of course Xavi third to Iniesta y Messi

Who else is there?

Song?

Cesc? The guy who deads all their moves and Iniesta has to be wasted on the left just to fit him in

It reminds me of England

Cesc is Lampard

Iniesta is Scholes

Pedro?

Villa?

Thiago?

Alexis?

Yeah I agree on Bastian being Germany's lynch pin

Also kroos has shown a lot when I have seen him but Ozil is no fool I don't think he is much better if at all

Jury is out on Gotze (great potential though) until he either gets a spot in the starting 11 for the Germans or he excels in the CL

Obviously Ronaldo is the biggest player at Madrid currently but I don't think Alonso is more important than Ozil who contributes more assists and generally match winning moments

Ramos is class also

Agree to disagree but I think after Iniesta he is probably the best number 10 out currently and I would build a team around him

He would definitely be better under a footballing coach. Mourinho's set up doesn't really accommodate trequistas unless they take shots from 30 yards ala Lamps 

Lahi I nearly agreed with you until

You said Ozil is more important Xabi

You clearly haven't seen Real play in the last three years

Without Xabi we are lost

Cristiano is our match winner but Xabi is the brains of this operation

The likes of Ozil/Di Maria/Benzema are supporting acts

Have you man watched Barcelona or even Spain when Xavi isn't playing? TOTALLY different tempo & rhythm, they don't look the same. Iniesta may provide those 'moments' but make NO mistake, Xavi is the brains behind the operation of the most dominant international team of all-time & one of the all-time great club teams.

One of the reasons Iniesta has looked more effective for Barcelona this season is because they're playing at a faster tempo that suits him.

• Upvote 1